April Sailings

Julieh40

26 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

according to ncl they said april12th they should be back on schedule for cruises 

There already has been 2 cruise lines cancelled until Mid May. NCL always holds out until the last minute.

NCL won't be sailing in April. It's just crazy to think they will. The virus hasn't peaked yet.

• Like 2

With Royal Caribbean shutting down until May, I don’t see any scenario where NCL resumes in April. The optics would be horrible for them if they resumed in April, the virus infected people on the ship, while other lines had postponed. People would drag them through the mud (rightfully so) and say that other lines knew the dangers and closed, while NCL ignored the risk.

Where could they even sail out of?  Florida?  Two week quarantine for folks coming in from NY/NJ.

Seattle?  No docking in Canada till June/July?

Los Angeles?  Isn’t CA on lockdown?

NY?  Lockdown, epicenter of epidemic.  ‘Nuff said.

San Juan?  Not sure what’s going on there but I think Caribbean islands are pretty much closed borders

Hawaii?  14 day quarantine on arrivals

etc, etc

I haven’t even gotten to Europe - Spain, Germany, Italy, France, UK all over the news, would you REALLY want to go there at all and endanger your own health—and no matter what precautions you took for yourself, how about the rest of the folks on the cruise?

The chance that this is going to be over by mid April is a big, fat ZERO.  Relax and plan your next cruise but sit tight on booking until you see how things play out here.

• Like 3

While I think it’s highly unlikely April sailings go on as planned, I do see it as very minimal possibility.  The want of some of those in power to get the economy back working could be as equal to some of the companies needs to go back to working. I do have an April sailing booked from Miami and as of now if they are sailing I I intend to go.  I’m an airline employee and reduced demand has caused my company to severely reduce capacity, although it doesn’t look like there will be any shutdown (that could change). It will be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next few weeks and months...

1 hour ago, RaftingJeremy said:

While I think it’s highly unlikely April sailings go on as planned, I do see it as very minimal possibility.

I have a better chance of getting a date with Halle Berry than cruise ships sailing in April.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

I have a better chance of getting a date with Halle Berry than cruise ships sailing in April.   

Well that would be pretty awesome Hahahah.  I just hear some of the rhetoric from certain parts of the government, airlines are still flying although very reduced.  

3 minutes ago, RaftingJeremy said:

Well that would be pretty awesome Hahahah.  I just hear some of the rhetoric from certain parts of the government, airlines are still flying although very reduced.  

Airline travel can be considered essential in many cases. There’s nothing essential about a cruise, as much as we all enjoy them. 

• Like 1

The 14 day Florida rule will stop all cruises.  No one can take 15 days off BEFORE their cruise.   I am wondering when NCL will make the extension public!

I can get quarantined for 14 days---but the flight crew turns around and goes back?

31 minutes ago, tomtravel said:

The 14 day Florida rule will stop all cruises.  No one can take 15 days off BEFORE their cruise.   I am wondering when NCL will make the extension public!

I can get quarantined for 14 days---but the flight crew turns around and goes back?

What is the 14 day Florida rule?

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 7:31 PM, kwokpot said:

I'm sure the OP is talking about the Hilton Riverside New Orleans. The hotel is un bookable from March 24th through April 22nd. OBVIOUSLY the hotel closed bookings for 1 month.

There are TONS of hotel rooms available throughout New Orleans for 1 one night stay starting April 11th.

No was talking about the Hampton Inn Convention center. They were booked so took the Hilton Garden Inn about 8 blocks away, which BTW was taking reservations.

If you know New Orleans it is directly across the street from the terminal and you can see the cruise ship outside the window.

Again do not think it will sail.

I hope it does not sail. I wish they would cancel the sailings tomorrow.

But if it does I have two choices. Lose the money. I can not take FCC. Or be on the ship.

Again. Not here to argue the point. I do not want it to go. However, there were a handful of indicators that suggested it might.

That does not mean you are wrong. Does not mean that it will sail. And I really do not understand why people feel the desperate need to feel like only their position is correct.

So to recap. I agree it probably will not sail. There were a HANDFUL of indicators that suggested it might. I am in a unique position because I can not take FCC so if it goes I go. It is really not optional. 

Hope that clarifies.

17 hours ago, beerman2 said:

There already has been 2 cruise lines cancelled until Mid May. NCL always holds out until the last minute.

NCL won't be sailing in April. It's just crazy to think they will. The virus hasn't peaked yet.

yeah , not looking good since royal announced another 30 day extension. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomtravel said:

The Governor of Florida has instituted a 14 day quarantine for anyone traveling from NYC NJ or Pennsylvania. I am not sure how they will implement the screening--but I can not take that chance!

yes but 20-30 days from now that could change 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, raschueller said:

No was talking about the Hampton Inn Convention center. They were booked so took the Hilton Garden Inn about 8 blocks away, which BTW was taking reservations.

If you know New Orleans it is directly across the street from the terminal and you can see the cruise ship outside the window.

Again do not think it will sail.

I hope it does not sail. I wish they would cancel the sailings tomorrow.

But if it does I have two choices. Lose the money. I can not take FCC. Or be on the ship.

Again. Not here to argue the point. I do not want it to go. However, there were a handful of indicators that suggested it might.

That does not mean you are wrong. Does not mean that it will sail. And I really do not understand why people feel the desperate need to feel like only their position is correct.

So to recap. I agree it probably will not sail. There were a HANDFUL of indicators that suggested it might. I am in a unique position because I can not take FCC so if it goes I go. It is really not optional. 

Hope that clarifies.

Hampton Inn convention Center is available. 

41 minutes ago, Robert & Debra said:

The Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter cancelled our reservation for April 10th - 12th. We were going to cancel anyway but they beat us to it. This may or may not mean they will be cancelling at all their properties. My guess is they will.

that's because the city's COVID19 cases are increasing dramatically and by the time April rolls around it will BE JUST LIKE NYC.

YOU CRUISE IS NOT SAILING PERIOD. You should direct your energy into that direction. I understand what your position is, but you realize this is WORLDWIDE people are dying. NCL is NOT GOING TO SAIL FROM New Orleans.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

that's because the city's COVID19 cases are increasing dramatically and by the time April rolls around it will BE JUST LIKE NYC.

YOU CRUISE IS NOT SAILING PERIOD. You should direct your energy into that direction. I understand what your position is, but you realize this is WORLDWIDE people are dying. NCL is NOT GOING TO SAIL FROM New Orleans.

Never said I was sailing. I am well aware of what is going on in New Orleans and around the world. If you read my post I said they beat us to it. I was just posting some info that I thought other people might be interested in. Really no need to start yelling about it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robert & Debra said:

Never said I was sailing. I am well aware of what is going on in New Orleans and around the world. If you read my post I said they beat us to it. I was just posting some info that I thought other people might be interested in. Really no need to start yelling about it.

You are right and I apologize. 

It's unfortunate when not every company can be as forthright with their customers. It puts unnecessary stress and doesn't engender loyalty. We have a family cruise on the Getaway to the Greek Islands in July which my parents paid for all four cabins. My dad is 92 and my mom is and it's quite obvious none of the family is going on that cruise, which leaves from Rome. Who knows when they will make decisions on those cruises; too early to cancel airfare without penalties.

I have airfare in May that was for a canceled Virgin Voyages cruise I'm waiting for the airlines to cancel to I can get money back rather than future credit.

I have two cruises in June that we don't feel comfortable going on that we're waiting for cancel policies; same for the airfare for those cruises.

We have a cruise in November on the brand new Celebrity Apex that I would love to go on; we'll have to see how things are with the virus. If it does come back in the fall like they think it will then we will not be cruising.

My apologies to you again. 

27 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

You are right and I apologize. 

It's unfortunate when not every company can be as forthright with their customers. It puts unnecessary stress and doesn't engender loyalty. We have a family cruise on the Getaway to the Greek Islands in July which my parents paid for all four cabins. My dad is 92 and my mom is and it's quite obvious none of the family is going on that cruise, which leaves from Rome. Who knows when they will make decisions on those cruises; too early to cancel airfare without penalties.

I have airfare in May that was for a canceled Virgin Voyages cruise I'm waiting for the airlines to cancel to I can get money back rather than future credit.

I have two cruises in June that we don't feel comfortable going on that we're waiting for cancel policies; same for the airfare for those cruises.

We have a cruise in November on the brand new Celebrity Apex that I would love to go on; we'll have to see how things are with the virus. If it does come back in the fall like they think it will then we will not be cruising.

My apologies to you again. 

No problem. Everyone is stressed right now.  Flights and cruises must be a real nightmare. Hope you can get all those resolved satisfactorily.

I had a cruise upcoming in a month which I've already cancelled. My travel plans involved the NCL cruise, a train transfer in Rome 2, two bus schedules, and airfare. Every portion of the trip has already been cancelled by the travel suppliers due to Covid but for the NCL cruise. So sad, but so expected with NCL.

• Haha 1

Yes, cancelling everything else that went with the cruise is a pain too!   

Haven't gotten the FCC email and return of CN deposits from NCL yet.  Still waiting to see what to do with our Delta Air.  Their website says not to talk to them until you are within 72 hours.  We had non-refundable air, but it does sound like they are giving credit but you have to check and see if you 'qualify'.   

I would just like to get it all cancelled and hopefully credited🤞

• Like 2

8 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Great now there will be more threads on " Do you think we will be able to sail in May".

And then "Do you think we will be able to sail in June?"

And then "Do you think we will be able to sail in July?"