Crew of the Sky enjoying a day in the Bahamas

CineGraphic

58 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:

I wonder what percentage of the crew is still on board? 

The full crew are still onboard.

The cost of sending them all home as well as the travel bans etc throughout the world would be steep and a logistical nightmare on top of all the other stuff Princess is dealing with now.

• Like 3

That's fantastic! I saw on cruise ship tracker that Disney and RCI have a ship at their respective private islands. This is an excellent time to do this for the crew. Don't you know they're having a blast doing what is normally forbidden?

I LOVE seeing crews all over the place enjoying themselves. Great thought that it’s better for the cruise lines and the crew to have them stay on board. I hope they each have a great time relaxing! 

• Like 2

On 3/16/2020 at 10:36 PM, CineGraphic said:

Just found this pic, posted by another crew member.

89658545_10163050816815534_7714433099580309504_n.jpg.a638bd650e944566d4ebac38785aeda3.jpg

Tricky.  And fun.  Glad they are doing stuff like this.  It does remind me of one time in university someone, or someones, made up this idea to take a pile of the weekly campus newspaper (dating myself here) and go into the main library in evening hours after sunset and strategically cover selected windows on one of the four sides.  It was the tallest building on campus.  Teams were assigned floors and specific windows on each floor.  It was a well orchestrated event.  Cameras were setup across the way to capture the result.  Much less ambitious then the above, it simply said "FOR" "SALE" in two rows.  The camera operators had to be quick as staff noticed the action on one of the floors and it didn't take long before it all came down.  I don't think the library staff ever knew what the papers on the windows did - until the photo came out in the next week's campus newspaper.

Kudos to the Princess crew.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

The full crew are still onboard.

The cost of sending them all home as well as the travel bans etc throughout the world would be steep and a logistical nightmare on top of all the other stuff Princess is dealing with now.

Please provide the source for this.  What about crews on all ships?    
I’ve heard what I would call rumors that  only 300 or so of the Grand crew are left on board and that only essential crew will be on the rest of the fleet. 

I’ve been concerned about how the crew may need additional support. Wondering what their exact position is regarding employment , pay, benefits and such. Thank you in advance. 

14 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’ve heard what I would call rumors that  only 300 or so of the Grand crew are left on board and that only essential crew will be on the rest of the fleet. 

I’ve been concerned about how the crew may need additional support. Wondering what their exact position is regarding employment , pay, benefits and such. Thank you in advance. 

See

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/15/grand-princess-to-leave-oakland-port-sunday-night/

6 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

As far as the full crew staying onboard for ships in the Bahamas now.........

I have spoken directly with crew onboard now and this is confirmed by all of them at least as far as the ships in the Bahamas.

The Diamond has a skeleton crew that boarded after all the passengers/crew disembarked for when/if the ship is moved for its extensive cleaning. These crew volunteered to man the ship and have new contracts that address that time onboard. 

This may be the same for the Grand as I have not seen/heard any info in regards to future manning cleaning etc. 

Princess did announce that they were giving the crew 2 months pay during all of this. I am sure that will be or has been revisited.

As far as their pay/benefits and such IMO it is none of our business.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I too have spoken with crew members, and can confirm at least for those ships currently off of the east coast of the USA, the full crew is on board.

• Like 2