Final payment date delaying?

osandomir

Also in the same situation as others. We have a 30 day voyage in early December. Our agency wants payment July 1st. Our cruise still has a chance of sailing, although it does have 4 stops in India and few African countries. Will places be ready and willing to take cruises by then? Who knows. So much uncertainty. I also wish they would extend the deadline. I don't like the idea of having thousands of dollars tied up with Oceania for some time, only to have cruise cancelled 😞 

Our cruise sails July 6 but our final payment is due April 7. We paid for our air separately so we'll have to work something out for that.

We don't think this cruse will take place but don't feel like giving them the final payment and then just having it all put towards a future cruise. Who knows what the future holds for any of us? I'd rather have that money in my bank account. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I am confused. I am not up to date on the latest payment/cancellation schedules but If you are 90 days out  (April 1st) would you not have to the full balance owing ?? How much of the deposit would you lose  if you cancel now?

Depends on length of the cruise. See Oceania Terms & Conditions
https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions/

19 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I get  that  but some are saying they  are not getting refunds if they cancel before final payment

Very confusing

I agree it is sometimes difficult to interpret what people are saying about their situations. It is possible that people are being told they have to pay the $250 admin fee if they cancel within 30 days of the payment due date (i.e. 91-120 days out). So they should get their deposit back less the $250 (which can be used as a FCC).

2 hours ago, CanEcosse said:

I agree it is sometimes difficult to interpret what people are saying about their situations. It is possible that people are being told they have to pay the $250 admin fee if they cancel within 30 days of the payment due date (i.e. 91-120 days out). So they should get their deposit back less the $250 (which can be used as a FCC).

I agree  & some have also said that is what happened

refund of deposit less  the admin fee  if in the cancellation time  frame

5 hours ago, schmerl said:

Our cruise sails July 6 but our final payment is due April 7. We paid for our air separately so we'll have to work something out for that.

We don't think this cruse will take place but don't feel like giving them the final payment and then just having it all put towards a future cruise. Who knows what the future holds for any of us? I'd rather have that money in my bank account. 

The way the financial markets are going I may not be able to afford my Oct.cruise anyway.   No way they will get any additional payments until things calm down. 

On 3/17/2020 at 4:55 PM, Paulchili said:

A surprised response from a company that is not in a good place to turn down customers at the moment.

They do need to be a little more flexible during this crisis.

But don't forget, Oceania now has to take orders from a higher order:  NCLH!

We were going on Riveria 19th June, our final payment was due this Saturday 21st, I asked for it to be pushed back til May as someone in the USA has a date for final payment then, we live in Uk, I was told no this wasn’t possible so we cancelled , didn’t really want to as we were looking forward to it, but who knows what will happen , I think it is very short sighted of Oceania not to allow final payments nearer to the sailing date in these extraordinary circumstances  

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Wuzzle10 said:

We were going on Riveria 19th June, our final payment was due this Saturday 21st, I asked for it to be pushed back til May as someone in the USA has a date for final payment then, we live in Uk,

Have not heard of final payment 30 days out  even in these circumstances   were they are the same cruise ?

I would think it unlikely the  Med will be virus free by June   but would be very happy if I am wrong

JMO

On 3/17/2020 at 10:47 AM, clo said:

Oh, I definitely agree. But don't see that I'll have any clout (I hate that!). I believe I've read that if an airline or cruiseline or such goes out of business, then we file a claim with our credit card company. That we bought a product that we didn't receive. Has this been discussed?

When 9/11 came and Ren went out of business the credit cards saved everyone..since then I have always told my friends NEVER PAY CASH!!!

Jancruz1

4 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

When 9/11 came and Ren went out of business the credit cards saved everyone..since then I have always told my friends NEVER PAY CASH!!!

Jancruz1

We charge every single thing that's 'chargeable.' Points 🙂

On 3/18/2020 at 2:37 PM, Jay23 said:

Significantly there will be no vaccination by September or any time this year.

We have a Med cruise booked for 9th August.  We pay the final amount in May.  We don't expect to be going.  Our flights are booked separately.   We have no idea at the moment how this will pan out financially for us.    

I'm in exactly the same position, sailing on the same date from Monte Carlo. No idea what our options are at the moment as they are usually very different in the UK.

2 hours ago, cariad1000 said:

I'm in exactly the same position, sailing on the same date from Monte Carlo. No idea what our options are at the moment as they are usually very different in the UK.

Nice to hear from you Cariad.  We think BA will give us a voucher for future flight.  It is a wait and see situation.    I hope you are well.   We are having to self isolate except for quick visits to the local food shop.   Strange times..    J

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wuzzle10 said:

We were going on Riveria 19th June, our final payment was due this Saturday 21st, I asked for it to be pushed back til May as someone in the USA has a date for final payment then, we live in Uk, I was told no this wasn’t possible so we cancelled , didn’t really want to as we were looking forward to it, but who knows what will happen , I think it is very short sighted of Oceania not to allow final payments nearer to the sailing date in these extraordinary circumstances  

Sounds like they are cutting their own throat.  No one in their right mind would final pay when if they don't go might only get FCC.   Can always re book if things get better. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Wuzzle10 said:

Marina sailing June 26, final payment due Saturday March 28. I want to take the cruise but unless the final payment date is pushed forward I will cancel. There are 20 people on the roll call for my cruise and 12 have already canceled for this reason.

52 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Marina sailing June 26, final payment due Saturday March 28. I want to take the cruise but unless the final payment date is pushed forward I will cancel. There are 20 people on the roll call for my cruise and 12 have already canceled for this reason.

My crystal ball is showing  they will not be sailing then 😎

Just cancel & if  the ships somehow  sails  rebook  then

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

My crystal ball is showing  they will not be sailing then 😎

Just cancel & if  the ships somehow  sails  rebook  then

That's what I just did. I just called and cancelled our July 6 Baltic cruise. Deposit will be returned minus the $250 administrative fee. That fee can be used toward another cruise if you book within a year of your cancellation.

The O representative told me that between O cancelling cruises and people cancelling on their own, they have 29.000 people to reimburse so it will take at least a month to get the money back. 

At the moment I have 2 cruises scheduled with O.  I have paid 100% of the May Alaska cruise fare and only a deposit on the July Baltic, but the balance is due early April.  I am assuming the May cruise will eventually be cancelled by O and at that point I will need to chose between future cruise credit or a refund.  If I do not cancel, but wait until the cruise line does I assume (probably incorrectly) that I will not be charged a $250 admin fee; after all, technically I did not cancel the cruise.  Most likely I will cancel the July trip before my final payment is due and then I agree (sort of) with the admin fee.  In the overall scheme $250 isn't a big deal but how Oceania handles it could be.

16 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

Years ago I quit buying anything but chewing gum with cash.......  It surprises me to see people still writing checks and paying cash at stores.......   With every purchase ,airfare, cruise, expense insured....why would you ever NOT use a credit

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I agree with your crystal ball 😀

My crystal ball is in the shop...but my Palm reader suggests after mid September  things will be under control.   China just announced  the second day where no new infections happened.

Have fun and keep out of the tenderloin.

3 hours ago, Deedee75 said:

Most likely I will cancel the July trip before my final payment is due and then I agree (sort of) with the admin fee.  In the overall scheme $250 isn't a big deal but how Oceania handles it could be.

Cancel BEFORE the admin fee kicks in

If your cruise is 14 days or less  cancel 121 days before  sailing ( probably now) 

If more than 14 days  you would need to cancel 181 days prior  to sailing date  to escape the admin fee

On 3/20/2020 at 9:19 AM, cariad1000 said:

Had an email from TA today stating that our final payment is due 0n 12th April (no extension there), and that normal cancellation terms are applicable.  I'm not happy about handing over another £6000 and then only getting a future cruise credit if the cruise is cancelled.  Hope you're all keeping well J.

1 hour ago, cariad1000 said:

Had an email from TA today stating that our final payment is due 0n 12th April (no extension there), and that normal cancellation terms are applicable.  I'm not happy about handing over another £6000 and then only getting a future cruise credit if the cruise is cancelled.  Hope you're all keeping well J.

We are in the same boat as you (!!). Relatively happy to cancel and pay £200pp under 7a of their T&C rather than chance a FCC for our cruise in August for £6k unless we can use that FCC to pay for another Marina cruise we have booked through a difference TA in November. What I don't want to a FCC I may not be able to use - especially if restrictions on 70+ cruisers remains in force the whole of this year. The way things are going Marina may not even get over to Europe by August.