Cruise Critic Community
Yorkvillain

Song of Norway LIVE (March 19, 2020)

Hi everyone! In just a few short days we will be sailing on the beautiful Song of Norway for our caribbean adventure this year. We booked this cruise SIX years ago - and just last week I drove to my travel agent’s office and handed him our 8th and final payment check so now it’s officially official! Much more to come. Stay tuned!

007e1a8136bef0eec604487cf853150c.jpg

This ship is the perfect size for us. I saw the deck plans for the new Sovereign class that is coming out in a few years - what a Quantum failure that will be! They’ll never fill those behemoths. I’ll never sail on the Sovereign class - everything is so inward facing. I like to be connected to the ocean.

6841580d1c0156b694a55cd86cd56965.jpg

Posted (edited)

Awesome. I’ve been waiting years for this.  

Edited by A&L_Ont

Work has been so crazy (isn’t it always!?!). I haven’t watched or read the news in forever! Although I think I heard that Tom Brady has the Spanish flu or some other disease. Hope he’s ok!

83dce4d62ee2f558d11430ee0ab3c6b7.jpg

Posted (edited)

Ohhhhh this is gonna be good!

Edited by Sea Dog

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

6841580d1c0156b694a55cd86cd56965.jpg

I don’t like that blue on the ship, totally ruins the look.  Next thing you know their going to add a slide to the pool, and they will ruin cruising. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

I don’t like that blue on the ship, totally ruins the look.  Next thing you know their going to add a slide to the pool.

Where’s the LIKE button??????? 

How cool is this!  Our very first cruise was on the Song of Norway in the early 70's.  We look forward to reliving our experience with your Song of Norway Live.  Thanks for doing this.  

Posted (edited)

I get concerned that there is a maximum of 1,024 passengers. That would feel awful crowded to me.

Edited by Sea Dog

How cool is this!  Our very first cruise was on the Song of Norway in the early 70's.  We look forward to reliving our experience with your Song of Norway Live.  Thanks for doing this.  

Thanks for following along!!!

I get concerned that there is a maximum of 1,024 passengers. That would feel awful crowded to me.

I know! Over a thousand people on ONE boat! Is that even safe?

5 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Thanks for following along!!!

I know! Over a thousand people on ONE boat! Is that even safe?

The dining room will be so crowded, but people will look so good.  Men in their blue tuxes and ladies in their evening gowns with gloves and pearl necklaces.  

Fortunately, there appears to be only one dining room to eat in. I hate having to make any decisions while on a cruise.

Posted (edited)

Look that this! It even has a pool on board. That is amazing!!

pool.jpg

Edited by Sea Dog

Those people even look in good shape - must be some exercise equipment on that ship!

Look that this! It even has a pool on board. That is amazing!!

My travel agent told me there was a lap pool on the ship but I didn’t believe him. This confirms it. Thanks! I can’t wait to do do laps around noon everyday!

Fortunately, there appears to be only one dining room to eat in. I hate having to make any decisions while on a cruise.

Yup! Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the same table. Royal Caribbean Cruise Line mailed us a poloroid of our waiter for all three meals. I can’t wait to meet him! I can’t pronounce his name though.

3e7c117701446c231b0717e5887561b5.jpg

Posted (edited)

@Yorkvillain Looking at my brochure that my travel agent mailed me, what kind of room did you book? I was amazed there were 3 choices.

room plans.jpg

Edited by Sea Dog

@Yorkvillain Looking at my brochure that my travel agent mailed me, what kind of room did you book? I was amazed there were 3 choices.

We have a big suite. I’ll try to take a picture once we board!

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm relieved there are none of those funky sliding doors that could let water in. I feel much safer with things sealed up nice and tight.

I heard they even have an outlet in the room where I can plug in my electric rollers.  I don't have to go a to separate room to do that - what luxury!

Alright, our luggage is all packed. Just have to get through this final day of work and then it’s vacation time! Talk to you all soon! Anyone else cruising this week?

ac475b28713f88332dff485624935043.jpg