Song of Norway LIVE (March 19, 2020)

Hi everyone! In just a few short days we will be sailing on the beautiful Song of Norway for our caribbean adventure this year. We booked this cruise SIX years ago - and just last week I drove to my travel agent’s office and handed him our 8th and final payment check so now it’s officially official! Much more to come. Stay tuned!

007e1a8136bef0eec604487cf853150c.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

This ship is the perfect size for us. I saw the deck plans for the new Sovereign class that is coming out in a few years - what a Quantum failure that will be! They’ll never fill those behemoths. I’ll never sail on the Sovereign class - everything is so inward facing. I like to be connected to the ocean.

6841580d1c0156b694a55cd86cd56965.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

6841580d1c0156b694a55cd86cd56965.jpg

I don’t like that blue on the ship, totally ruins the look.  Next thing you know their going to add a slide to the pool, and they will ruin cruising. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 12
  • Haha 3

How cool is this!  Our very first cruise was on the Song of Norway in the early 70's.  We look forward to reliving our experience with your Song of Norway Live.  Thanks for doing this.  

• Like 1

How cool is this!  Our very first cruise was on the Song of Norway in the early 70's.  We look forward to reliving our experience with your Song of Norway Live.  Thanks for doing this.  

Thanks for following along!!!

I get concerned that there is a maximum of 1,024 passengers. That would feel awful crowded to me.

I know! Over a thousand people on ONE boat! Is that even safe?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Thanks for following along!!!

I know! Over a thousand people on ONE boat! Is that even safe?

The dining room will be so crowded, but people will look so good.  Men in their blue tuxes and ladies in their evening gowns with gloves and pearl necklaces.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Look that this! It even has a pool on board. That is amazing!!

My travel agent told me there was a lap pool on the ship but I didn’t believe him. This confirms it. Thanks! I can’t wait to do do laps around noon everyday!
  • Like 1

Fortunately, there appears to be only one dining room to eat in. I hate having to make any decisions while on a cruise.

Yup! Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the same table. Royal Caribbean Cruise Line mailed us a poloroid of our waiter for all three meals. I can’t wait to meet him! I can’t pronounce his name though.

3e7c117701446c231b0717e5887561b5.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@Yorkvillain Looking at my brochure that my travel agent mailed me, what kind of room did you book? I was amazed there were 3 choices.

I'm relieved there are none of those funky sliding doors that could let water in. I feel much safer with things sealed up nice and tight.

• Like 5