Song of Norway LIVE (March 19, 2020)

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

As long as you keep your jacket buttoned up. This was our last cruise.

dinner.jpg

I just adore this light blue dress!  The puffier the better, right? Would you mind sharing where you bought it?  Did you have your shoes dyed to match?

Love the ruffles on his shirt, too.  You young people have such a great sense of style.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We have arrived in Florida! The Sunshine State! I LOVE all the palm trees. It’s exactly how I always pictured paradise.

Courtney and I both woke up with this weird flu bug today - some upper respiratory issues and feeling a little short of breath. In fact, most people on our flight had it too. Oh well, I’m sure it’s nothing. It’s vacation time after all! We’re in Florida!

Some photographs of our airplane and flight down. I read today’s entire New York Times from front to back and then took a nice nap on the way down.

2bec5cfbab75610e61f3c6e4de101ad8.jpg

0838799788853caab8d108dda4ca141a.jpg

7fecaa169c556121464605096edf1274.jpg4ca35b24628f19598987649a259c3812.jpg

64ab345cbe77525121f295aeb0df314d.jpg

1752350ee2d200de7ce84f42f1b90d4a.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yorkvillain said:

Courtney and I both woke up with this weird flu bug today - some upper respiratory issues and feeling a little short of breath. In fact, most people on our flight had it too. Oh well, I’m sure it’s nothing. It’s vacation time after all! We’re in Florida!

I'm sure you will be feeling much better once you get on the ship with the other 1000 people.

• Like 2

I'm sure you will be feeling much better once you get on the ship with the other 1000 people.

I hope so! Do they have enough rooms on the boat for all 1000 people? What about life boats? Is there enough room for everyone? No way right?

I don’t think Royal Caribbean Cruise Line thought this through.

2 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

I hope so! Do they have enough rooms on the boat for all 1000 people? What about life boats? Is there enough room for everyone? No way right?

I don’t think Royal Caribbean Cruise Line thought this through.

I thought RCI was requiring a doctors note stating each person over 70 was capable of swimming?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is so beautiful down here. I hope you all get a chance to visit the Sunshine State at least once in your life. Your travel agent should have some brochures.

2b2c89956bccc0a24b85bcc4d32abb76.jpg

First thing I did when we got to the hotel was hit the gift shop of course! The second gift is for my milk man. He’s always dreamed of coming down here.

3a2ae6cad9d71ec36311b227dd68921a.jpg

8e8f327d9a34960c78269e357142c0e3.jpg

You can probably fit a LOT of milk in there!

79580bd7e259a9b8d1a92cebf3cec257.jpg

a6e6ab20305b825aecdad9636bd3eb66.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, alexkrn46 said:

Can you have your pictures developed on board ?

To be honest I’m not sure. I usually take them into my local chemist to get them developed. Such excitement waiting for them to come back. Then you see what you’ve taken at last and just occasionally there’s a really good one. I spend hours sticking the photos into an album, or sometimes I take slides and bore my friends to tears showing them our holiday photos. My husband has just bought one of those cine cameras. Can’t wait to see moving pictures! 

Mind you, carting all those spools of film is a bit of a pain, and threading them in the back of the camera and making sure you don’t let the light in is such a fiddle!   Wouldn’t  it be wonderful if they could come up with an easy way of taking photos which doesn’t involve film? 

Still, I can’t see that happening in MY lifetime! 

No, I’ll stick to my trusty Leica camera.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Did you ask for coffee or tea while flying with TWA?

What about the third option? 😈

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And it has one of those dials to get those fancy UHF channels too!

And being a Marriott Motor Hotel,  It's probably a color TV too!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

6fe91487dff11bab287994683d999582.jpg

1eaf6e2899ed01de46a660e17f2634b5.jpg

Our room has a TV! I guess we aren’t going out tonight! “Hello, room service???”

I love that color scheme - I have it at home - it looks so good with my avocado appliances.

Edited by mek
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Now that you are in Florida, maybe you can answer a question for me.  I've heard that some hotels - or maybe high-rise apartment buildings - have balconies.  Is that true?

Anyway, I sure am glad they'll never do that on ships.  Can you imagine being out on a balcony while a ship is moving?  No thank you!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I hear grabbing your wood or driver on-board is a common, if not daily activity.  Are you going to drive your balls off the aft of the ship?  

Heck of a water hazard though 

image.png

• Like 1

Does anyone else like the mint and lemon sorbet between courses?  I love it.  2 waiters, a bus boy, a wine sommelier, the maitre d,, bar servers... there are more people serving us at dinner than there are sitting at the table!  Got to work up an appetite; when the chimes sound it's 7 courses coming! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1