Tell us what you miss most when not on a (HAL) cruise...

cruisemom42

I've only been onboard a total of 8 nights between a cruise tour and short coastal.  I miss the comfy cabins, the buffet servers and selection, and the sense of a journey to embrace somewhere new.  Here and onboard, I see less irrational loyalty, status competition, or boundary issues coming from HAL passengers, makes for welcome company.

• Like 3

We've met some lovely people on the long cruises, something we ordinarily would not have done on the shorter trips.  We particularly like the transatlantics, with unique ports for smaller ships, and wish Holland America would bring back the Atlantic Adventure. Transatlantic both ways....very special.

• Like 2

I miss having the waiter put the napkin on my lap, and after the 2nd night, knowing I will have a large glass of iced tea waiting at my place on the dinner table.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 3

The oatmeal cookies, the smiles and willingness to go the extra mile.  The great friends we have made on board, watching the wake, sitting on the promenade, the excitement of waking up somewhere new each day.   Walking the deck late at night and looking at the stars.  Watching the sunset,  and the Tamarind!  And Canaletto! 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 2:26 AM, Oak Hill Cruisers said:

Those little rolled up towels in the  restrooms for drying your hands.

You could copy that at home...to have a bit of cruise feeling next months. As in a certain village in the Netherlands it was/is the habit of housewives to make rolls of quite a few household linens, I started rolling quite some years ago. F.e. All towels in the bathroom, restroom etc in my house are rolled.  

On 3/17/2020 at 9:58 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

And at night, seeing the stars from my balcony. There's a lot of "light pollution" where I am, so it's a treat to see so many stars in a dark sky.

On 3/18/2020 at 7:43 AM, portofrome said:

The happy hour at the ocean bar!

On 3/18/2020 at 3:52 AM, Iris5383 said:
On 3/17/2020 at 11:22 PM, VintageGeo said:

The sound and the feel of the ship moving through the water. And the calming, so very relaxing ambiance of the ship.

Lori & George

And the forever friends we make during happy hour in the Crow's Nest, from the bartenders to everyone sitting around the bar. Miss you guys!

Room Service Breakfast.  I put the door hanger out on my bedroom door; my Steward never arrives.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just off the Koningsdam. I struggled to get to sleep the first two nights because I missed the humming of the ship and the light motion. Also, on the first morning, I had a short moment when I couldn’t remember where I kept the bowls for my breakfast.

Then, of course, there’s the crew. I am particularly missing Magdalena, Herlina and Aubrey, who can bring sunshine to the dullest of days