Cancel now or wait?

cruisegal415

Get out now while you still can...try to get ownership of your money. count your loses.  

this situation is not going away soon.  the cruise lines want you to take future cruise credits because it let's them off the hook, and gives them more time to figure things out.  they want to keep control of your money.   no one will be cruising anytime in the near future.   You will lose all of your money...cruise lines will  go bankrupt..so will you if you keep day dreaming about a future cruise.  People wake up and get your money back. keep things in your control.  if things change then you can always order a new cruise and rebook.   you will notice that no one is getting cash refunds.

stop day dreaming and wishing and hoping....you cannot beat mother nature ...this may take a long time

• Like 3

4 hours ago, coolhandjiohnson said:

Get out now while you still can...try to get ownership of your money. count your loses.  

this situation is not going away soon.  the cruise lines want you to take future cruise credits because it let's them off the hook, and gives them more time to figure things out.  they want to keep control of your money.   no one will be cruising anytime in the near future.   You will lose all of your money...cruise lines will  go bankrupt..so will you if you keep day dreaming about a future cruise.  People wake up and get your money back. keep things in your control.  if things change then you can always order a new cruise and rebook.   you will notice that no one is getting cash refunds.

stop day dreaming and wishing and hoping....you cannot beat mother nature ...this may take a long time

WOW. 😱

On 3/18/2020 at 2:01 PM, bluesea321 said:

Those refundable deposits will mean nothing if the cruise lines don't have the cash to pay them back.  With CCL stock at under $9 and their bonds at junk ratings their future is not good.  

I agree.  We canceled our 6 day cruise tour of Italy and a 14 day cruise that was booked for July 2020 and rebooked the same cruise for 2021.  I used a FCC to book the 2021 cruise.  The TA asked if we wanted to apply our existing cruise deposit for the 2021 cruise.  No way.  I want my deposit money with Princess refunded as well as my booking costs for excursions.dining.  I doubt anyone knows how all of this will end for the economy and cruise lines/airlines in particular.

This will may not be over in 2020, it takes some amount of time to devlop a vacine and deploy it to hundreds of million people.

Unless the US government uses taxpayer money to bail them out the cruise lines will probably go into bankruptcy along with the airlines.

With all this not even sure how solvent the travel insurance companies are.

I would plan accordingly.

What was really upsetting is that just today I got my credit card bill that had the balance on it that I paid in February for our cruise.  There's no point in not paying that, I still owe it to the credit card company.  But knowing I was paying almost 7,000 for a cruise that is not happening did not make me happy.

12 hours ago, coolhandjiohnson said:

While I don't believe it's total gloom and doom I am also not so starry eyed to think that things will go back to normal anytime soon. Some really haven't come to grips with the situation and sill believe with all of the port and boarder closures that the cruising will be back in the near future.  There are so many out of work and even if travel comes  back it's going to take time before the economy bounces back.  If they offer cash take the cash.  I suspect there will be many treads in the future damning the cruise lines for not allowing enough time, itineraries or higher prices forcing them to pay more to use the FCC's.