Booking now for April 11 cruise too early...?

NavyCruiser

We're totally bummed to cancel our European river cruise next week, late March.
So now looking at earliest time frame to book an ocean cruise closer to home.

Just saw today on Carnival's own website, that Carnival is restarting their 7 day cruise out Galveston on April 11 at a great price.

Just seems a little early to me.

We're not too worried about the Coronavirus itself, but mostly worried being stuck onboard because of all the travel issues, & it being a 21 day quarantine cruise.
So what's your earliest prediction that Cononavirus will be mostly gone whereas ALL travel restrictions will be lifted & no travel hassles?
Thinking it'll be hot enough by May to safely book...?

Edited by NavyCruiser

As much as I would love for everyone to be able to enjoy a cruise vacay in April -even May - I think those months are still too early to book.   Too many unknowns with the virus and it’s really only starting to spread in the US.   Rebooked our April this year for next March to be on safe side.  

Anyone who gives an answer has no idea.

we have a cruise leaving april 12th.

i wouldnt be surprised either way if we set sail or we dont.

Im just hoping they set sail soon because im afraid of what might happen to the cruise industry as a whole. If they go another 30 days who knows what will happen to them. Lenders may not make them make payment on their loans but they still have extraordinary costs to deal with besides loans. Not to mention the reduction of people going on cruises that will happen if the bottom falls out if the economy. Sad 

if your looking for when you dont hear about covid 19 anymore I think you have a very long time for that to go away. They may set sail long before that but to the way it was before? A very long time

Edited by rtazz17

can't imagine there will be any travel for the next couple of months. this is early and a long way to go to beat this virus. the ones that know say it will get worse before better and could be way worse. I have one booked for October and that may be safe.

• Like 1

Its a bit risky booking anything on April. Countries keep closing border one by one every day. Also your cruise can unexpectedly get canceled. If you decide on booking the cruise, please be sure to get a good insurance package and a back up plan in case of any incident. Stay in contact with the office 

• Like 1

Just saw today on Carnival's own website, that Carnival is restarting their 7 day cruise out Galveston on April 11 at a great price.
We're not too worried about the Coronavirus itself, but mostly worried being stuck onboard because of all the travel issues, & it being a 21 day quarantine cruise.
So what's your earliest prediction that Cononavirus will be mostly gone whereas ALL travel restrictions will be lifted & no travel hassles?

I’m curious, what do you mean by it will be hot enough to cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

kind of the same thing, you are definitely worried about the effects of the Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

I wish I knew the answer to your questions. You could book the April 11 cruise, but keep in mind that you might end up cancelled (at least you wouldn't have any air fare or hotel to worry about).

Yes, we're an hour's drive from Galveston, so no airfare to worry about.

Figured it's a cheap price to book.  

If we go, great.

If we get cancelled, we'll get credit for future cruise...

• Like 1

I thought this at first, but I was wrong. This not the flu. It's a new virus that nobody is protected from. Our health care professionals must keep working, so they have to be protected. It's your choice to schedule cruises, but please don't diss the seriousness of what's going on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Hot enough to kill off the virus by then...

Singapore is one degree north of the equator and is very hot year round.  They had an outbreak so temperature doesn't seem to have much effect on it. 

• Like 2

I'm nearing so many new deaths and cases this morning 

Schools say they probably wouldnt reopen this year.

I can only assume you want to book the april 11th cruise to get the bonus obc if it gets cancelled, not because you think there is a chance of going.

17 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

It's too soon. The CDC is recommending 8 weeks(minimum) of social distancing. Book at your own risk

We are scheduled on an April 11 cruise right now. We arent going as my wife would have to be on 2 week quarantine when she returns before her work will let her come back. Im expecting Carnival and others to keep the shutdown going so waiting for them to cancel as the "offer" will be better than if I cancel now.  We are tossing around dates now as to when we might reschedule but just cant be sure when this stuff will be over with.

I will say if anyone schedules or plans to go on a cruise in the next couple months, BE SURE your travel AND personal insurance will cover you if something goes wrong. Ive seen a few already say that if you go against the recommendations of the CDC etc, they will not cover you if something happens.

1 minute ago, NavyCruiser said:

Wow.  

Prices just dropped again.

$413 (final total, with all taxes/fees included) for 2 in interior for 5 nights.

Pretty tempting...

The State Department will declare Level 4 travel advisory DO NOT TRAVEL INTERNATIONALLY. This cruise will not happen no matter how much you want it to. 

I’m sorry and I apologize if I offered anyone.

Are people that delusional? There will be no cruising in April , have people not been listening and seeing what’s going on? Seriously April 11th?  There will be nothing for a good length of time, Let’s all use some common sense here .

People stay home and do what your being told to do for goodness sakes! 
the faster we can get rid of this the sooner we get back to important daily things .

I can’t believe people are so focused on vacation , my God people wake up! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Wow.  

Prices just dropped again.

$413 (final total, with all taxes/fees included) for 2 in interior for 5 nights.

Pretty tempting...

not going to happen. Don’t go chasing your own money