No Cash Refund Until After Dec.2021

gmbhardy

18 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Just got an email from MSC Canada that states if you are looking for a refund for your cancelled cruise you won’t receive payment until after December 31, 2021. Wow!

Really could we please see the email 

19 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

Am I right in thinking it means, there is no option except the FCC but if you don't use it by December 2021 - then and only then will you get a cash refund?

I think that is only for the USA.

Clear as mud it seems to suggest that for the cancelled Caribbean cruises if u dont use the fcc they will refund after the date. But not for European cruises and who knows what happens if u ask for a refund to start with.

LOL 

Well an FCC is no good to us because our 14 night Preziosa cruise in April is only replicated once more in September when we will be in Alaska (Hopefully) and in 2021 Magnifica does not sail the same Itinerary, plus it has to be booked in the same Geographical Region! So we will be pushing our travel agent for a refund once MSC give notification of cancellation.

1 hour ago, gmbhardy said:

Just got an email from MSC Canada that states if you are looking for a refund for your cancelled cruise you won’t receive payment until after December 31, 2021. Wow!

It just means they likely plan to file for bankruptcy before then. 

• Like 3

MSC Cruises is separated from MSC the shipping company and could go through a restructuring without involving the latter.  I don't know if it's even possible to know how much MSC has borrowed for financing all these new ships so to me they might be as bad off as NCL.   My plans for a last minute April or May cruise have been thwarted and my company financial concerns combined with continuous booking issues caused me to cancel four of my seven booked sailings.  Some were paid in full but so glad none were in final payment and all are being fully refunded back to my credit card.  MSC will have to do something more to get me to book any more until this Fall when hopefully things settle out.

• Like 1

Just dispute the charge with your credit card company. They can't hold onto your money for a year and a half for a cruise THEY cancelled. Also contact the media and if any US cruisers are getting this notice you need to contact the Attorney General for your state and for Florida since MSC has offices there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sidari said:

Well an FCC is no good to us because our 14 night Preziosa cruise in April is only replicated once more in September when we will be in Alaska (Hopefully) and in 2021 Magnifica does not sail the same Itinerary, plus it has to be booked in the same Geographical Region! So we will be pushing our travel agent for a refund once MSC give notification of cancellation.

In the update on the UK website 18th March if you look in the compensation part it, says you can use fcc in any area.

• Like 1

We received the same email last night.   This is so unacceptable.   I will not be cruising with MSC again.   Their handling of this from the Canadian office has been pathetic.   They did not even cancel our transatlantic out of New York until yesterday.   Fingers crossed our credit card company will dispute the charge.   I just have no words right now............

• Like 1

Natalie Billington

All media enquries
Phone:+44 208 756 4774

This looks like the head of Media relations in the UK   

Still searching for the Canadian email

I plan on going to Media with this maybe if enough people do they will listen.   American's were promised a refund within 60 days...............

Below is the response I got after my TA submitted my refund request for our cancelled April 11th cruise on the Seaside:

photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fdh%2Fap%2Fsocial%2Fprofile%2Fprofile_a64.png&alphatar_photo=true&badge=false&appId=YMailNorrin
mscagents@msccruisesusa.com
To: xxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com
Sat, Mar 14 at 12:25 PM

Dear xxxxxxxxxx, 

Your MSC Cruise Assurance Form has been successfully submitted. 
Your Refund Reference Number for this request is - xxxxxxxxx 
Use this Reference Number for all future correspondence regarding this request. 
Your refund will be processed within 60 days. 
Thank you, 
MSC Cruises mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft.msccruises.net%2Fv%2F2002751%2F1%2F34114255&t=1584622064&ymreqid=5abaf954-3c6c-d2e9-1c9e-e3000101f300&sig=NfdpIqxQXW9SNrZKns17_w--~C

• Like 3

They are brutal,

I got an email from MSC Canada  saying that i was only allowed to book a future cruise and receive 200Eur OBC. I sent them the email that I had received the day before our cruise  on March 14 indicating that I could either  get 125% future cruise credit or receive a full refund. The email says refunds within 60 days of applying. Their customer service is terrible and no one knows whats going on.

Canadian EMAIL ....insidesales@msccruises.ca

Edited by Atogh