for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

12 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We just brought in all the plants we could & covered the others. Filled the emergency bags in the car (water, peanut butter crackers, hand/foot warmers, blankets, hats, mittens)  Expecting a 60 degree drop in temps tonight through Wednesday ( it’s 90 right now). Air quality is terrible from the nasty fire in Ft Collins (3 hrs north of us). We’re expected to get 6-18” of snow here in town. & away we go...

I really should put my "Winter bag" in my car, too.  I have the same stuff, but trail bars instead of the crackers.  I also have a fold-up shovel.  When I had my little Audi TT, sometimes I had to dig it out because it sat so low to the ground.  And, I now have a portable battery charger for the car - it can charge the car battery AND my iPhone AND my flashlight.  I also just got a solar-chargeable emergency light to keep in the car.  It's poly and scrunches down to a pancake.  Do you put cat litter in your car?  I know some who do - it's supposed to help with traction if you get stuck.  If I put everything in my car that I thought would be good to have, my back would be a full as it is when I camp!!!

I can't deal with the snow yet.  At least Park City isn't supposed to get too much, but definitely a hard freeze coming so things need to be taken care of.  A few years ago we had a storm like that with all that snow.  Made a mess of everything for days until it dissipated.  

I just realized something: the ladies in Los Angeles were covering plants because of the heat and those in the mountains are covering plants because of the snow and hard freeze!!!  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We just brought in all the plants we could & covered the others. Filled the emergency bags in the car (water, peanut butter crackers, hand/foot warmers, blankets, hats, mittens)  Expecting a 60 degree drop in temps tonight through Wednesday ( it’s 90 right now). Air quality is terrible from the nasty fire in Ft Collins (3 hrs north of us). We’re expected to get 6-18” of snow here in town. & away we go...

Oh, I hope your plants survive & you don't have to evacuate... the smoke & ash here are bad, but as far as I know right now, we don't have any fires near us.   The thing that concerns us is that our hills haven't burned in many years...  last night we discussed making a better go plan for fires.   We of course are EQ prepared, but fire prepared, we know what to grab & where it is, but we should have a better idea of what route would be safe to take.     Best wishes to you for a safe couple of days.   

• Like 1

Hi, one of those fires was started by a family who were having a "Gender Reveal" party...........you have got to be 

kidding me😲.......wonder what kind of trouble they are going to be in from authorities.

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

That is mind boggling that you could go from 90s to 30s like this.  Sounds like you are very prepared for this, but stay safe.

Update on my new shirt: I have worn it twice on walks, a long one on the beach and one around our neighborhood and local park.  I have been very surprised at the number of positive comments I have received and only one negative from an older man who passed me on his bike and yelled “IDIOT” at me.😂😂😂😂😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

I have been in Florida for 25 years so I do look around the house and get what we need together . I can not imagine snow this early . That is just crazy .We have had a quiet week end . It is hard to believe it's labor day and we started all this crap in March .I can not even think about Thanksgiving and Christmas . 

• Like 1

Hi girls,  Sally, as you said, this crap started back in the spring and from what the legitimate Dr's are saying, there

is a chance it will continue on until the middle of winter.  Many of the universities around the countries are having

multiple cases---100's at a time if not more.  Many schools are opening after Labor Day as well and so we shall see

how many younger ones will catch it too.  Very sad state of affairs........👎☹️ 

You mentioned living in Florida for 25 years.  What if I told you I have been here for more than double that amount? 

We moved here way back in 1965 so it has been 55 years for me! 

Snow this early is pretty normal for the mountains but not down here. 92 degrees here today. The best part is a good snow will put out the fires. We won’t evacuate. I might do a bit more cooking 😉. I have a hair appointment tomorrow morning, my stylist called & we’re a go. I don’t expect much other than slush, but in 1997 we had 67” in October (50” in one storm in 5 hours...now that was a storm!). 

23 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Snow this early is pretty normal for the mountains but not down here. 92 degrees here today. The best part is a good snow will put out the fires. We won’t evacuate. I might do a bit more cooking 😉. I have a hair appointment tomorrow morning, my stylist called & we’re a go. I don’t expect much other than slush, but in 1997 we had 67” in October (50” in one storm in 5 hours...now that was a storm!). 

That is a WOW!😳

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Omg Melody I drove home from work in the blizzard. It was AWFUL. We lived in Loveland and I worked in Longmont. My normal drive was about 35 minutes but it took me 2.5-3 hours to drove home. It was white out conditions...all anyone could really see were the red taillights of the car in front of them as we creeped slowly along. We got 31 inches up around us.

Edited by Anita Latte
  • Like 1

Hi Sherri, yes, our son is a Purdue graduate and I took the screen name from something he gave me while he was in college. In retrospect, I wish I had chosen something else-I guess I didn’t give it enough thought🙄.  

We did a lot of exploring Whenever we visited during the 4 years he was in West Lafayette. My favorites were the Amish towns and Brown County. 
Sharon

The fire here in central CA Is really bad and no containment yet. They are evacuating so many areas in 2 counties. Have issued evacuation warnings for some areas that are closer to the valley. Apparently there is a lot of structure damage but they can’t get in to the different areas to assess the damage because of all downed trees. Of course it goes without saying that the air quality is really bad. Earlier today the planes that drop the retardant couldn’t take off because of low visibility due to the smoke. 

Fortunately we aren’t really impacted by the fire with the exception of the smoke and air quality. However, while there are many vacation homes and camp grounds, there are also many, many full time residents that are very much in harms way. 
Sharon

8 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Hi Sherri, yes, our son is a Purdue graduate and I took the screen name from something he gave me while he was in college. In retrospect, I wish I had chosen something else-I guess I didn’t give it enough thought🙄.  

We did a lot of exploring Whenever we visited during the 4 years he was in West Lafayette. My favorites were the Amish towns and Brown County. 
Sharon

I like your screen name, every time I see it, I think of Indiana.😂.   We lived just south of Indianapolis and both of us graduated from IU so very familiar with the Brown County area.  It is very pretty, especially during autumn.

Sherri🙂

Kat, my folding shovel, rechargeable light/battery lamp & medical kit never leave my car. Hmm, kitty litter, might need to add a small bag. Woke up this morning & it’s mid 30s (mighty brisk), it was 92 when we closed up for the evening, big change. Light drizzle only so far 

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, my folding shovel, rechargeable light/battery lamp & medical kit never leave my car. Hmm, kitty litter, might need to add a small bag. Woke up this morning & it’s mid 30s (mighty brisk), it was 92 when we closed up for the evening, big change. Light drizzle only so far 

My shovel is always in the car, along with one rechargable flashlight & medical kit also.  

Closed the windows and turned on the furnace before I went to bed (furnace turns on at 61 at night and then 66 at 9am).  I was HOT but I couldn't re-open the bedroom window because i would probably forget to re-close it.  Just slept on top of the covers.  The furnace did kick on at 9am.  A dusting of snow on the roofs across the green space from me.  Snow up in the hills across the freeway.  Temp was upper 30s.  Lots of wind.  A lot of my leaves from my trees are all over.  Apparently, down in the Salt Lake Valley, there are gusts up to 100mph recorded.  Stuff all over the roads.  Hazardous driving from here down to the valley right now - cars and trucks are getting pushed around.  It's dark and gray outside.  I think I'm going to just hang out in the house.  Well, I did take my garbage can out to be picked up.  I did it barefoot - no biggie.  I've got fluorescent pink duct tape around the handles so I can Identify my can when it gets blown around (we all have the same cans).  

OOTD: I think I'll just hang out in my fleece hoody dress.  It's short so I can at least regulate my temp if I start getting a little warm.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

UPDATE: It's started to snow.  Oh Goody. 

WOW!!....hope all of you out west will be safe...........snow, fires...........what next?😲

• Like 1

Lucked out, snow-wise.  We had some stick on roofs down here at 6500', but the rest melted.  Up higher, it stuck.  Our thing was the wind.  Lots of leaves and little tree limbs blown off up here. Down in the Salt Lake Valley, big trees were blown out of the ground.  They'll have a bit of clean up.  It's still cool - 43 right now.    I don't like "cement" snow - it can do a lot of damage to trees.  Very smart to shake it off!  And, that was a good bit of snow you got.   Hope you have a snowblower - trying to shovel that heavy snow is a bi$ch!!!  We make it through.  I always feel sorry for the newbies to the area - early snows like this always catch them offguard and unprepared.  

Lois - we could have another earthquake 🤪  Had a 5.7 here in March.  Or, maybe the biblical plague of locusts...

I made myself a "pizza bowl" last night.  Not sure if it was like Marco's one, but it hit the spot.  Sauteed mushrooms and broccoli, browned up some turkey italian sausage.  Muir Glen pizza sauce.  Fresh mozzarella (I had it in the fridge).  Turkey pepperoni.  Just layered it - sauce, mix, mozz, sauce, mix, mozz, pepperoni.  I don't have an oven-safe bowl, so I put it it a small casserole dish and baked it until it was all hot and gooey.  I have enough left for tonight.  I'll put this one in my recipe repertoire.  I enjoyed it with a glass of 19 Crimes red.  I'm liking that one.

I had weird dreams last night.  For some reason, I kept doing things or going places and forgetting my mask!  Maybe it's the new riff on the "I got to class and I had no clothes on" kind of dream!!

OOTD:  IF I go anywhere, I'll be putting on my Prana cammo pants (12 years old and still in great shape) and a long sleeve Tshirt (probably my WW2 Rosie the Riveter with "yet she persisted" on it).  

• Like 2

Melody & Kat, I just can't believe it's snowing where you are!   & Poor Sammy, I guess he's Sammy the snow cone now ;)

Kat, I have those same dreams,  that & dreams that people around me won't wear a mask,  I"d love to try & explain those dreams to January me ;)

Sharon, I hope your power is staying on,  I know PG&E was planning some shutoffs in N.CA, hopefully you're not experiencing that.  Not good to not have AC with the air quality.

I haven't stepped outside today yet, but as of yesterday evening we still had a steady rain of ash,  (actually I take that back, just went outside, & it's still raining ash, but it's white ash now, not gray)  our neighborhood reminds me of one of the times we went to Sicily after Mt Etna had activity & there were piles of ash everywhere.  (see how I slipped in some cruising topic there ?)

On topic fashion:  OOTD:   Celebrity cruises slippers, flannel boxers & copped tank that says: Mustang 1969, hair in braid, currently doing charcoal mask 

Hi girls,🙂 I met an old friend from where I worked for lunch today. She has helped me out multiple times with health

issues--she is a wonderful person.  I actually put some eye shadow on with mascara LOL......wore a pair of jeans

with a pretty v neck top that is a paisley print in muted tones of red/white/blue with a pair of blue sandals.  I wore 

some silver dangle earrings and a blue lapis pendant on a silver neck wire.

It looks like it is going to POUR outside.........you know when the skies get really dark.............made it home before

any rains come down.

• Like 1