for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

The test is not done through Zoom ( I’m not sure how Zoom works) you have to use your browser and the NAVICA ap, both were very easy.  Not sure how this would work if you were using it to get back into the US but it is all through the internet so I would think it would not be different than doing it from home.

Kat, currently if you are returning from a cruise that left from the US, you do not need to have a test done unless you are unvaccinated in which case the ships are doing the test.  

Christy, the liquor al mandarino sounds very intriguing, I have never heard of it.  Would you mix it with something or drink straight? 

Melody, I ordered from emed, I received them 3 days later which I thought was pretty good considering I ordered them on Labor Day weekend.  Another company to order from is Optum plus both Royal and Celebrity are providing them too at the same price.  

The case in Florida is crazy, I just read this morning the lawyer for the boyfriend said he is not missing, he has just gone into hiding.  If he is innocent in his girlfriend’s disappearance, he is certainly making himself look guilty.  

I hope you all have a great week!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, awhfy said:

They were seen in Colorado Springs after that 

They just announced that the couple was here before they went to Utah, (pictures of their truck & restaurant charges)  hope she’s found without incident

3 hours ago, sjb317 said:

The case in Florida is crazy, I just read this morning the lawyer for the boyfriend said he is not missing, he has just gone into hiding.  If he is innocent in his girlfriend’s disappearance, he is certainly making himself look guilty.  

Sherri🙂

On Thursday the North Port police said they knew where the boyfriend was.  Then yesterday they said he's been missing since Tuesday and "we didn't have a tail on him."  Well, why not????

Supposedly the FBI is also involved.  Why didn't someone post a lookout on the home?

On 9/17/2021 at 8:19 AM, sjb317 said:

I did my Abbott Binax home test this morning, super easy to connect to the video call and complete the test.  Entire procedure took about 25 min, 15 of which was just waiting for the sample to have any reaction from the reagent.   Results were on my phone about one minute after test completed.   Price comes out to about $27 per test.  We will use this again for our cruise the end of November. 

Sherri🙂

Sherri, where did you get your test kit from?  I’m having a devil of a time finding one. If you have a website I’d appreciate it. Melody

Sherri - I was thinking of the test more globally, like if you did a Med cruise or, like Lois did.  If you didn't plan extra time at the end, some places where you are flying home require a test and not just a vax card. 

Wow - I've been looking more into Provence for my trip.  I've got Bastille Day our last night in Sête.  Sunday the 17th is the big day in Isle-sur-la-Sorgue for the antiques market.  The 3rd Saturday/Sunday of July is a big lavender festival in Valensole.  Sooo much that I'd love to do, along with Pont du Gard.  I'd be criss-crossing the area if I end up trying to get this all done!!!

On that FL case:  if they were at that hotel in SLC on Aug 25 and he was back home Sep 1,  that's not a lot of time at all to get to Grand Teton and then FL.  5-6 hours from Park City to Jackson, WY and another little bit of time to Grand Teton, depending on what part you go to.  They had to plan waaay ahead for a campsite there - I looked 3 months ahead this summer and got nothing.  1 guy driving solo back to FL would at least take 3-4 days if he was only stopping for gas.  I'm afraid it's not going to end well. 

It's a gray, rainy day up here.  I had thoughts of going down the hill to SLC but I don't like that drive in the rain at all.  I'll just work on the house.  So, OOTD: a pair of sweats and a vintage SLC 2002 team USA Tshirt (I've got lots of them).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Sherri, where did you get your test kit from?  I’m having a devil of a time finding one. If you have a website I’d appreciate it. Melody

Emed.com is where I purchased.  Optum Store  is another company selling the Abbott Binax test.  RoyalCaribbean.com/HomeTestKit or Celebritycruises.com/HomeTestKit if you want to buy from the cruise lines.  They cruise lines are getting theirs from Optum. 

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Wow - I've been looking more into Provence for my trip.  I've got Bastille Day our last night in Sête.    

That will be a fantastic end to your barge trip as there will be an amazing official firework display on the 14th. We've been in France many times on public holidays and are always astounded that even small villages have huge displays. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Emed.com is where I purchased.  Optum Store  is another company selling the Abbott Binax test.  RoyalCaribbean.com/HomeTestKit or Celebritycruises.com/HomeTestKit if you want to buy from the cruise lines.  They cruise lines are getting theirs from Optum. 

Sherri🙂

Thanks. I’ll try thru Royal I have tons of OBC that I can use precruise 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Christy, the liquor al mandarino sounds very intriguing, I have never heard of it.  Would you mix it with something or drink straight? 

Not sure yet. It's a milky looking drink, so I may start with sipping it straight like I do with limoncello. Of course, I do have 6-7 months to think about it.

12 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I was thinking of the test more globally, like if you did a Med cruise or, like Lois did.  If you didn't plan extra time at the end, some places where you are flying home require a test and not just a vax card. 

Most cruise lines are providing any COVID testing needed by passengers for onward transit at the end of the cruise at no charge. It's part of the enticement to get cruisers back on board. Especially true in Europe, where most lines are also requiring a COVID test immediately prior to boarding (again provided by them and at no cost UNLIKE the cruise lines starting up out of the US).

Re: your trip -- you've got some wonderful options. Like a kid in a candy shop, the tough part will be picking and choosing!  One of the things that I love about travel planning is coming up with all these unanticipated opportunities.

11 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Most cruise lines are providing any COVID testing needed by passengers for onward transit at the end of the cruise at no charge. It's part of the enticement to get cruisers back on board. Especially true in Europe, where most lines are also requiring a COVID test immediately prior to boarding (again provided by them and at no cost UNLIKE the cruise lines starting up out of the US).

Re: your trip -- you've got some wonderful options. Like a kid in a candy shop, the tough part will be picking and choosing!  One of the things that I love about travel planning is coming up with all these unanticipated opportunities.

Aahh.  I was curious how that all happens.  I couldn't fathom all these people having to spend extra post-cruise days just to get a test.

I may have to figure out a way to add an extra week to my trip!!  Either that or stop the research already!  I'm not sure there is a good place to base in and travel out from.  Oh well, something I need to look at.  I know I want 2 days in Paris to shop and eat, so that's adding to the time.  I thought the time in Provence and Paris will give me a chance to find something unique for my grand-niece and her fiancé for a wedding gift.  And, I have to make another trip to E Delerin to peruse the kitchenware aisles and maybe pick up some utensils.  My tomato knife I bought there is a fave - who knew you needed a specific knife slice tomatoes!!! Their array of copper cookware is enough to make me salivate.  Some folks like to browse the clothing stores, I browse cookware stores 😷

OOTD: as the high is going to be around 60 today, probably putting on my black capri leggings and either a long sleeve Tshirt or my Smokey Bear flannel.  I've been waiting for cooler weather to bring my flannels into the rotation!   I've got to go to the market for TP and garbage bags that I forgot the other day.  

Hi girls, just popping in............breaking news that a body has been found in Wyoming in an area where the police were searching for Gabby.  From what I just saw, a news conference will be happening in the 6:00 hour.

I "ran" my race this morning. It was miserable--the temp wasn't bad, but the humidity was near 100%. I finished! My time was a bit longer than my goal, but I've been training on a relatively flat surface and the so-called "hockey heart break" hill was brutal. I came in 808th of 1085, so not last, and 41st of 77 in my age/gender class. I have another on Saturday, but the temp is supposed to drop. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I "ran" my race this morning. It was miserable--the temp wasn't bad, but the humidity was near 100%. I finished! My time was a bit longer than my goal, but I've been training on a relatively flat surface and the so-called "hockey heart break" hill was brutal. I came in 808th of 1085, so not last, and 41st of 77 in my age/gender class. I have another on Saturday, but the temp is supposed to drop. 

congrats!  that is really an accomplishment!  

• Like 2

Purple - congrats on finishing the race!  Races in the morning are brutal - I just couldn't do them, even if I trained on the same route in the evening!!  

So sad about the young woman.  I knew it wasn't going to end well for her.  There just wasn't enough days  from when they were here to go up to camp up around Jackson and then him be back in FL on 9/1.   They weren't actually camping in Grand Teton NP, but in a place outside of the park where you can dry camp if you don't have a reservation for a campground.  That they got to that spot and found her so quickly - there are so many of those "dispersed camping" areas around there.  They get used by seasonal workers in the area because they can't afford the rent in town.  Now, to find him and let things take it's course with him.  

For those who do Athleta:  Sweaty Betty is having their big sale right now.  

Another cool day here.  But will warm back up the end part of the week.  My inside temp was 59 when I got up - I'm not ready to turn on the heat yet.  So OOTD is a pair of sweats and a long sleeve Shirt.  

• Like 3

PH, congrats on that race from me too.  Something I could never do.........just not in me to run. I try to walk every morning but that is about it. 

Kat, they are all over his parent's house this morning..........

• Like 2

Well fun day for me 🙄. Dentist this morning & our 3rd Moderna vaccine tonight. Our doc highly recommended we both get a third shot & our hospital agreed. We’ve already had our flu shots too

30 days till we cruise!!!  Melody

• Like 1

I guess I have to go to Home Depot today and buy the filter for my heater.  It got down to 32 degrees last night outside.  When I got up, the temp in the house was 54 degrees!  

I'm going to wait to get Moderna #3.   I don't think any of my "ailments" are worthy of getting my PCP to approve.  

Clothing update:  If any of you would like a classy legging to wear out, it looks like Athleta got a new batch of the Delancy in.  I've got the herringbone in 2 colors - the black/gray and a black/blue (they didn't do this one this time).  Absolutely classy enough to wear out in the evening.  They were 2 of my go-to leggings for work - they made me feel a little more business-like than standard leggings.  Worth the price!!  I may buy the brown ones - they didn't have that color before. 

OOTD:  It's not going to get above 60 until later this afternoon.  Since it's going to be a Home Depot run, I'll put on my Gap girlfriend jeans with one rip on the thigh (my accident) and a flannel shirt and a baseball hat.  I'll fit right in!!  

• Like 1

Kat, mighty chilly here (low 30s) too but will go up to 70s by 11-12. Have you considered getting some more insulation in your attic/walls?  Our house stays pretty consistently around high 60s when weather outside is at freezing. We added more insulation a few years ago & immediately noticed the difference. 

we got our 3rd Moderna last night. Neither of us have any negative symptoms. My arm is slightly sore, that’s all.