for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

8 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, get a Medicare supplement, some of them are free. They really help with costs, etc. I agree about Walgreens, I don’t like them either. Check with goodRX for a lower cost on your meds. 

sounds like you’re having a ‘time’ with your guests (& coworkers). What is so difficult about wearing a mask anyway?

still no word on vaccines for us

I do have a medicare supplement.  That's how much the special Jardiance is.  It's even more with GoodRX or SingleCare or WellRX...  I looked it up everywhere.  All my other ones are a decent price, just not that one.  I'm going to see if I can go back on the lower dose again - it's a decent price.  

Not a good time at work.  Got into work, didn't see our maintenance guy's car.  I ask my co-worker "did xxx not come in today?"  And she gave me this shake of the head and I KNEW it was COVID...  So, now she had it, we sent another one home yesterday to get tested and now the maintenance guy...  I think I'm going to go in on my day off and get tested!!!   Management is standing by their policy that they can't tell us - the person has to tell us - since we are such a small group and it's not hard to figure out.   I feel like paying a nurse to fake my test to show positive so I can get 10 days off!!!  

OOTD:  leggings and my Ron Jon Baja Surf hoodie.  It's a retro piece, back to the 60s and 70s when everyone in Southern California wore those hoodies and huraches (those leather sandals) and you had one of those Mexican blankets as your beach blanket.  

• Like 2

I get my first dose of the vaccine Tuesday and my younger daughter gets hers Wednesday. Her company works with many of the local hospitals, so she was just deemed "essential". My 65-year old hubby is trying to make an appointment for his. My California daughter has no idea when she'll be eligible for hers. She's a healthy 38-year lawyer.

We recently changed our June 2021 Alaska cruise to an October 2022 Western Europe/TA. Maybe things will be (somewhat) normal by then.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

I get my first dose of the vaccine Tuesday and my younger daughter gets hers Wednesday. Her company works with many of the local hospitals, so she was just deemed "essential". My 65-year old hubby is trying to make an appointment for his. My California daughter has no idea when she'll be eligible for hers. She's a healthy 38-year lawyer.

We recently changed our June 2021 Alaska cruise to an October 2022 Western Europe/TA. Maybe things will be (somewhat) normal by then.

Well, if she signed up to be an attorney for a certain person undergoing a certain Constitutional procedure, she could probably get classified as an "essential worker" as no on else will help 🤪

October 2022 - Hope that one works for you!

3 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Well, if she signed up to be an attorney for a certain person undergoing a certain Constitutional procedure, she could probably get classified as an "essential worker" as no on else will help 🤪

October 2022 - Hope that one works for you!

I don't think she'd cross the street to spit on that certain person if he were on fire!  

She told me the other day that she hasn't seen another employee or client face to face since March! That seems crazy to me since I am back at my physical work space since May. Then again, it's difficult to perform surgery through a Zoom meeting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a bday surprise yesterday (5 days early). Our kids got together & decorated our front yard. Les had to help me hold the balloons (it was almost a scene from Up). First time in over 2 years all 3 have been all physically together. 

BF939E58-206B-4E73-B171-594A2EBD1D84.jpeg

6B3734E4-1CE1-4556-B882-47ACCF1C2BED.jpeg

55E020CC-6FBA-4786-9823-3F2D9545C69A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Melody, nice photos.  You always have a beautiful looking family🙂  Early Happy Birthday!

Speaking of families,  Thursday night I am having dinner with my sis and bil, along with my nephew, his wife and kids.

I haven't seen my sis in over 18 months and even longer for my nephew.

I will wear my mask and as much as I want to hug my sister,  I probably will not do it.........(I think that will be the best thing for me).  

• Like 2

Good Monday morning to all and Happy Early Birthday Melody!  Love your pictures, that was a great surprise from your kids. 

Lois, I am glad you have an opportunity to have dinner with family, have a wonderful time! 

Nothing new in my life, OOTD is the same old tshirt and capris. Our daughter in law is recovering from COVID, she said her symptoms were a severe HA and extreme fatigue for a few days. But she was able to run several miles yesterday, said she was feeling much better!  Our eldest son is getting his first vaccine on Thursday, he is only 44 but Virginia has defined teachers as essential. His county is sending public health nurses into the schools to give vaccines so super easy for him.

Here’s hoping for a peaceful transition on Wednesday!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Happy early birthday Melody!  What a great surprise that must've been.

And Lois, enjoy seeing your family -- even without a hugs, I'm sure it will be a wonderful event.

Kat, sounds like you are stuck in a not-good situation. Is there any chance they would close down operations due to COVID?

I have a holiday today -- not that it makes this a very different day, just don't have to do any work, lol.

12 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

She told me the other day that she hasn't seen another employee or client face to face since March! That seems crazy to me since I am back at my physical work space since May.

I am in the same boat -- all my work has been from home since early March of 2020; it will soon be a year. So far no one has any idea when we might be back "in office".  COVID numbers are still high here and Georgia is now officially the second-worst state at getting people vaccinated...  :classic_sad:

Happy Birthday Melody! Have a great day on Friday (did I get the actual day right?). What a nice surprise your family planned for you.

Lois, I can imagine how excited you must be anticipating your family get together. Glad you plan to stay safe while enjoying everyone’s company.

Kat, I’ve been thinking about your work situation. I thought that the advice is that one should quarantine if they know that they have been exposed. If that is correct then your employer should allow you to stay home to make sure you are ok. It does sound as if your work site is risky. Good luck!

Warmer than normal temps here so I’m wearing a much lighter weight but still long sleeve top and jeans. No make up today-no point in wasting it! 

I too am hoping for a peaceful event on Wednesday. Also hoping that the vaccine supply situation is soon straightened out so that vaccinations move forward quickly.

Take care all,

Sharon

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 1

I'm sneaking in a little computer time at work!!

Happy Birthday Melody!  It looks like you had a wonderful surprise.  

Work - Luckily, the maintenance guy didn't have - he got a PCR test and it was negative, so his rapid test was a false-positive.  Phew!   I can't control what my co-workers do outside of work, but here, we definitely are 100% maskers, voracious washers & sanitizers and we definitely distance.  We don't get yelled at for sitting one of us at the desk and 2 in the lobby now since it's the only way to distance.  I think I'm just overly paranoid, mainly because of the 22 year old and how she goes out to the bars almost every night.  She's had it and done, so I just keep away.  

Sherri - what good restaurants have you found in the area???  I have to keep up with it so when I finally get a chance to go back to my friend's cottage, I have some new places in mind. 

OOTD:  leggings (again, what's new), my gray Athleta wrap and my "llama with a mask on" Tshirt.  Footwear is my Chacos, a scarf that I picked up in Florence and my "safety pin" earrings.   I can't wear anything but my leggings because the only other pants I own are my jeans and that is the one thing we can't wear.  

Cynthia - I'll have to look at Athleta again when I get home!  I did just buy another pair of Woolx leggings in a olive green, just to have a little more color to choose from.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I am in the same boat -- all my work has been from home since early March of 2020; it will soon be a year. So far no one has any idea when we might be back "in office".  COVID numbers are still high here and Georgia is now officially the second-worst state at getting people vaccinated...  :classic_sad:

I don't think NC is doing much better. I get mine tomorrow. Hubby's age group just opened and he's trying to get one. You'd think with as much advance notice as there was that this would go smoother and faster. . .🙄

42 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

I don't think NC is doing much better. I get mine tomorrow. Hubby's age group just opened and he's trying to get one. You'd think with as much advance notice as there was that this would go smoother and faster. . .🙄

That would be too logical and the present folks who are there don't have any of that and 

to be honest, they don't care either.   Hopefully things will speed up and will be much more

organized after January 20th.

• Like 1

Cynthia - I checked out Athleta's sale.  The one thing I would have wanted was not in my size 😢  But, I did see that they got the Delancy Moto leggings back in my size.  I have to consider if I want them in M - the L works for me to wear for work as they are a tad baggy.   Do I need another pair in M to wear elsewhere???

Boss went to lunch and the Post Office, so I'm here all alone...

Utah isn't that great, either.  We got 800 doses.  Still working on healthcare workers and teachers.  I'm not on any list, just the email notification list to let me know when I can try to get on a list.  That is, if any doses are left...

I have tomorrow off, so I'll be spending the day watching the Old Circus get run out of town and New Circus come to town!!!  OOTD for that:  my "Chucks and Pearls" inauguration Tshirt, my Chucks, my Tahitian Pearl necklace and maybe my Sweaty Beatty jungle leopard leggings.  I have to stop by the store to pick up some food to eat during the day.  

OOTD:  my boho hippie sweatshirt with the scarf from Florence, my Woolx leggings with the pockets, and my cheap Just Fab tall black boots.  Even my HOA president liked it!  

Hi Kat, I will be watching the same thing along with you👍......tonight there was a memorial

held at the front of the Lincoln Memorial......there were 400 lights lit .......representing 

the 400,000 deaths.  It was breathtaking. 

21 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - I checked out Athleta's sale.  The one thing I would have wanted was not in my size 😢  But, I did see that they got the Delancy Moto leggings back in my size.  I have to consider if I want them in M - the L works for me to wear for work as they are a tad baggy.   Do I need another pair in M to wear elsewhere???

It's kind of funny...or sad. When winter (or what we call winter in the south) started to really arrive, I had to cave and get some casual "stay at home" clothes. From the time of the shut-down last year I had been wearing just a few "not work" clothes -- enough to get by if I tossed in some of my things that I would otherwise save for travel.

But when winter arrived, I realized I really did not have the kind of things those of us working from home are mostly wearing -- casual wraps, joggers, yoga pants, t-shirts. So now that the winter sales are going, I am trying to add a few casual-comfort pieces that I can use. I am getting sick of my one pair of black joggers and one pair of navy yoga pants!

• Like 1

I'll be at work stomping out disease and saving lives, but I have set the DVR to record. The channel I usually watch starts coverage at 9am for a noon ceremony, then runs to 4:30. I won't be watching all of that! 

I got my first dose today. Hubby finally got scheduled--he and every other over-65 in Durham County all tried to call at 8:30 when the lines opened. He was frustrated with the system (that's being nice about what he said). I just don't understand why they didn't have an online sign up. 

I checked out Athleta's clearance at the mall today. Got two new sports bras for about half normal price. Didn't look at anything else since I don't need more tight or shirts right now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

400,000 deaths

So terrible to think on this number. That's more than 16 times the number of residents in my little city. Georgia has experienced a 140% increase in deaths over the last few weeks, probably due to holiday travel and get-togethers. It's just sobering to contemplate.

10 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

So terrible to think on this number. That's more than 16 times the number of residents in my little city. Georgia has experienced a 140% increase in deaths over the last few weeks, probably due to holiday travel and get-togethers. It's just sobering to contemplate.

Good morning,  yes, a horrific number.  And the ceremony that took place was so moving. AND

it was really the first time all those that were lost were really remembered. 

• Like 1

Yesterday was a beautiful day! I spent the entire day and evening glued to the TV😂.  My husband and I opened a bottle of champagne and toasted to the end of the madness and hate and to the beginning of what we hope is a return to civility and unity.  OOTD yesterday: jammies!

Kat, I have been seriously thinking about your questions regarding area restaurants. One thing I don’t like about living on the Space Coast is there seems to be a lack of really good food, I have yet to find a restaurant that makes me say wow although Fat Donkey is my place for ice cream.   My husband does like Intercoastal Brewery in Melbourne and I do think their food truck, the Bearded Chef, has the best French fries I have ever tasted plus their taco specials each Tuesday are good.  Fish Lips at the port has a good brunch on Sunday, I would also like to try Rising Tide at the port.  Our son has recommended the Fat Snook on A1A in Cocoa but they do not have outdoor seating.     I am still looking for some decent Indian food and we’ve yet to find a good pizza.😂. I also want to try the place Anita suggested many pages back.  

OOTD: exercise clothes as I need to make up for my lack of activity yesterday.

Have a great day!

Sherri🙂

Sherri