for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

3 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I "ran" my race this morning. It was miserable--the temp wasn't bad, but the humidity was near 100%. I finished! My time was a bit longer than my goal, but I've been training on a relatively flat surface and the so-called "hockey heart break" hill was brutal. I came in 808th of 1085, so not last, and 41st of 77 in my age/gender class. I have another on Saturday, but the temp is supposed to drop. 

congrats!  that is really an accomplishment!  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

congrats!  that is really an accomplishment!  

You did it!  So many (including me now) don’t. I miss my running days, but my foot just won’t allow it anymore

• Like 2

Purple - congrats on finishing the race!  Races in the morning are brutal - I just couldn't do them, even if I trained on the same route in the evening!!  

So sad about the young woman.  I knew it wasn't going to end well for her.  There just wasn't enough days  from when they were here to go up to camp up around Jackson and then him be back in FL on 9/1.   They weren't actually camping in Grand Teton NP, but in a place outside of the park where you can dry camp if you don't have a reservation for a campground.  That they got to that spot and found her so quickly - there are so many of those "dispersed camping" areas around there.  They get used by seasonal workers in the area because they can't afford the rent in town.  Now, to find him and let things take it's course with him.  

For those who do Athleta:  Sweaty Betty is having their big sale right now.  

Another cool day here.  But will warm back up the end part of the week.  My inside temp was 59 when I got up - I'm not ready to turn on the heat yet.  So OOTD is a pair of sweats and a long sleeve Shirt.  

• Like 3

PH, congrats on that race from me too.  Something I could never do.........just not in me to run. I try to walk every morning but that is about it. 

Kat, they are all over his parent's house this morning..........

• Like 2

Well fun day for me 🙄. Dentist this morning & our 3rd Moderna vaccine tonight. Our doc highly recommended we both get a third shot & our hospital agreed. We’ve already had our flu shots too

30 days till we cruise!!!  Melody

• Like 1

I guess I have to go to Home Depot today and buy the filter for my heater.  It got down to 32 degrees last night outside.  When I got up, the temp in the house was 54 degrees!  

I'm going to wait to get Moderna #3.   I don't think any of my "ailments" are worthy of getting my PCP to approve.  

Clothing update:  If any of you would like a classy legging to wear out, it looks like Athleta got a new batch of the Delancy in.  I've got the herringbone in 2 colors - the black/gray and a black/blue (they didn't do this one this time).  Absolutely classy enough to wear out in the evening.  They were 2 of my go-to leggings for work - they made me feel a little more business-like than standard leggings.  Worth the price!!  I may buy the brown ones - they didn't have that color before. 

OOTD:  It's not going to get above 60 until later this afternoon.  Since it's going to be a Home Depot run, I'll put on my Gap girlfriend jeans with one rip on the thigh (my accident) and a flannel shirt and a baseball hat.  I'll fit right in!!  

• Like 1

Kat, mighty chilly here (low 30s) too but will go up to 70s by 11-12. Have you considered getting some more insulation in your attic/walls?  Our house stays pretty consistently around high 60s when weather outside is at freezing. We added more insulation a few years ago & immediately noticed the difference. 

we got our 3rd Moderna last night. Neither of us have any negative symptoms. My arm is slightly sore, that’s all. 

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I think I found my Winter outfit:

onsie.jp2 47.27 kB · 11 downloads

Interestingly Chrome told me that your file was "dangerous" and wouldn't let me open it.... 😲

But if it's a onesy I'm onboard. Unfortunately although Fall is here, no one has yet told the meteorologists in the Deep South. Still hot and muggy here. And what's with the rain -- it has rained every. single. day. for the past week.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 12:06 PM, Lois R said:

PH, congrats on that race from me too.  Something I could never do.........just not in me to run. I try to walk every morning but that is about it. 

I walked it, with three sixty second runs mixed in the first half.  I may try to train to run it next year, or I may continue to walk. I hate running. I find it tedious and boring. And painful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, Chrome told me the same thing.😲

Hmm.  I copied it from Facebook.  Anyway, it's a sherpa fleece onesie.  The model tops it off with a beanie, a webbed belt and laceup booties.  Right up my alley.  It was one of the offerings of a new line on backcountry.com.  I have the beanie, the belt and the booties already.  If I had that onesie, I wouldn't care what temperature it was in the house!!!   If you go to backcountry.com and look for the Basin and Range Sherpa Jumpsuit.  

Made myself a panzanella with burrata instead of pieces of mozzarella.  My local market sells 1/2 loaves of Tuscan bread, so I can do it up authentic.  I have some REALLY good balsamic that I keep around for special occasions ($50 for the bottle).  I used it over the panzanella - so yummy!!!!!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Good morning ladies 😊sitting in the Alaska air lounge at LAX, enjoying a mimosa. Flight is delayed, but that’s ok…. Tested negative yesterday & can’t wait to reach Seattle!

-Debbie

Hi Debbie, wishing you a BIG BON VOYAGE😀....and of course happy to know you had a negative test😀

I think you sail tomorrow..........smooth sailing and fair seas!😀

• Like 1

Debbie - enjoy your cruise!!!

Busy day today.  Visit to my dental hygenist & dentist for cleaning & checkup.  My baby tooth is still hanging in there, but Dr. Jensen thinks we may have to extract it and either implant or bridge next summer as it's getting rather thin in the root.  I also have a very old composite filling that has let a little cavity in.  We're going to do an inlay for it since the tooth is still intact.  That takes a visit to clean it out, get an imprint, send it to the lab to get the inlay made, cement (or whatever) the inlay back in the tooth.  There is 2 weeks between, so I'm going to get it done the beginning of Nov.  Fun fun fun.

Since I was down in the valley for the dentist, I went over to Trader Joe's.  The pumpkin stuff is in!!  It was almost a "holy cr*p" kind of shopping:  pumpkin cream cheese, pumpkin bagels, SIX boxes of the pecan pumpkin oatmeal (I have it for breakfast in the winter), pumpkin bisque soup, pumpkin tortilla chips, pumpkin cranberry crackers.  And some of my usual stuff.  

OOTD:  I "dressed up" today: white patterned short sleeve button shirt from Sundance (thanks Outlet), my girlfriend jeans, my really heavy leather and metal rivet belt from Sundance, my tan Teva short boots, necklace and earrings turquoise and tan stone from down on the Reservation.  It felt a little weird to be so cleaned up...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Good morning ladies 😊sitting in the Alaska air lounge at LAX, enjoying a mimosa. Flight is delayed, but that’s ok…. Tested negative yesterday & can’t wait to reach Seattle!

-Debbie

I'm hoping you have a wonderful, wonderful time on your cruise. 🥂🌈🏔️🚢

We enjoyed the cruise and the "Celebrity treatment" so much that I just booked a 10-day to the Caribbean on Silhouette in early December. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

We enjoyed the cruise and the "Celebrity treatment" so much that I just booked a 10-day to the Caribbean on Silhouette in early December. 

Cynthia, what dates are you sailing? I will be in the Caribbean at the same time😀

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Great minds think alike??  😊. The Silhouette leaves Dec 3 from Fort Lauderdale.

I am sailing on Dec 2nd for 15 nights on Silversea Whisper.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

That's funny -- you keep departing a day ahead of me. First Alaska and now Ft Lauderdale. I guess you are doing a BTB?

Good morning🙂.  I actually booked one long cruise for 15 nights.....there are 2 legs but I got a fantastic price on the long one. The first leg is 7 nights....the 7th night is in Barbados......and then the last 8 nights go back north to Ft. Lauderdale. 

So you can pick and choose😀.....I chose 15.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Celebrity is our favorite. we’re on Royal in under a month 

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning🙂.  I actually booked one long cruise for 15 nights.....there are 2 legs but I got a fantastic price on the long one. The first leg is 7 nights....the 7th night is in Barbados......and then the last 8 nights go back north to Ft. Lauderdale. 

So you can pick and choose😀.....I chose 15.

i need to check out Silversea. we prefer longer cruises