for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

10 minutes ago, awhfy said:

i need to check out Silversea. we prefer longer cruises

Hi Melody🙂, just to give you some info......the ships are MUCH smaller than mass market ships. The largest ship holds 596 passengers and others only hold 388. So if you really enjoy the "Big ones"......just giving you a heads up.  The atmosphere is nothing like mass market......no "big sales along the promenade deck"......they do offer speakers and have trivia but the whole vibe is much more mellow. 

Evening entertainment is on a smaller scale too.  It is more about itineraries, fantastic food.....and service is a cut above (in my opinion). They will know your name after 1 day and remember what you are drinking after your first time in whatever lounge you are sitting in👍.  It is more $$$ than mass market too......but I have gotten spoiled now.......can't wait to go again in 2 weeks🙂

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody🙂, just to give you some info......the ships are MUCH smaller than mass market ships. The largest ship holds 596 passengers and others only hold 388. So if you really enjoy the "Big ones"......just giving you a heads up.  The atmosphere is nothing like mass market......no "big sales along the promenade deck"......they do offer speakers and have trivia but the whole vibe is much more mellow. 

Evening entertainment is on a smaller scale too.  It is more about itineraries, fantastic food.....and service is a cut above (in my opinion). They will know your name after 1 day and remember what you are drinking after your first time in whatever lounge you are sitting in👍.  It is more $$$ than mass market too......but I have gotten spoiled now.......can't wait to go again in 2 weeks🙂

We prefer the smaller ships without all the bells & whistles. We like sitting on our balcony watching the water. Don’t participate in sales, games. Like the good food & some music. Interesting itineraries are important. Silver sea sounds good to me, I’d expect to pay more for luxury

Just now, awhfy said:

We prefer the smaller ships without all the bells & whistles. We like sitting on our balcony watching the water. Don’t participate in sales, games. Like the good food & some music. Interesting itineraries are important. Silver sea sounds good to me, I’d expect to pay more for luxury

Good morning🙂........ohhhh........ok, I wasn't sure what type of ships you preferred so that is why I gave the description. 

• Like 1

So what is everyone up to today? I went to Fresh Market and got some salads and wraps and they always have good stuff in their deli.  I also tried for the first time a Hummus made by a company called  "ithaca" and yes it is all small letters LOL.......

Any of you try it before? It is DELICIOUS😀....I tried the "beet and lemon".......soooo good!

I had never bought it before but I will definitely get it again.

I did my virtual 5K this morning, but since the real one I did Sunday proved my GPS to be inaccurate, I used the time from that sanctioned run. The app the race used didn't work at all, unless I was really walking 300+ minute miles (my normal range on both a phone and Fitbit GPS ranges from 12-18 minute miles). So, unless I'm training for a race, I'll just walk for time and aim for as far as I can go in an hour or so and not worry about the distance.

Other than that, I pretty much sat around and enjoyed the nice weather. Tomorrow, I plan to pull weeds on the hill behind our house. They're mostly blackberry brambles and honeysuckle vines. It's not supposed to be hot, so I should be OK for a while.

Daughter and granddaughter came over for dinner. I always enjoy the grands, but they wear me out with their energy! Hubby made grilled tomahawk porkchops and corn on the cob and I made mac and cheese from scratch. Sooooo good!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

So what is everyone up to today? I went to Fresh Market and got some salads and wraps and they always have good stuff in their deli.  I also tried for the first time a Hummus made by a company called  "ithaca" and yes it is all small letters LOL.......

Any of you try it before? It is DELICIOUS😀....I tried the "beet and lemon".......soooo good!

I had never bought it before but I will definitely get it again.

Someone actually recommended that brand of hummus to me but I haven't found it anywhere in the stores near me. Do you recall what other flavors they had?

On 9/24/2021 at 6:29 PM, awhfy said:

Celebrity is our favorite. we’re on Royal in under a month 

I have to say that they do it well, especially on cruises where it is more about being "at sea" and relaxing. Right amount of fun and relaxation.

For the more intensive cruises I do (outside the US) I tend to like the smaller ships and especially if there is a good enrichment speaker or two onboard.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Someone actually recommended that brand of hummus to me but I haven't found it anywhere in the stores near me. Do you recall what other flavors they had?

Good morning🙂 at least 4 others (I think) regular, lemon, lemon garlic, the beet lemon, I think there was a roasted red pepper........ If you google Fresh Market you can find the store near you or check out the ithaca website. The HQ is up in Rochester, NY. 

Hi Cynthia, have a question for you........did you and your son have a PCR or Antigen before your recent cruise?  I have an appt for an Antigen but keep looking for a PCR but concerned it won't come back on time.

I am guessing the Antigen will be just fine since it is also offered.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:08 AM, cruise kitty said:

Good morning ladies 😊sitting in the Alaska air lounge at LAX, enjoying a mimosa. Flight is delayed, but that’s ok…. Tested negative yesterday & can’t wait to reach Seattle!

-Debbie

Hi Debbie, not sure if you will check in here or not but hope you are having a wonderful time🙂

21 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, have a question for you........did you and your son have a PCR or Antigen before your recent cruise?  I have an appt for an Antigen but keep looking for a PCR but concerned it won't come back on time.

I am guessing the Antigen will be just fine since it is also offered.

We had an antigen test, it was spelled out on the Celebrity pre-cruise info that either antigen or PCR (or the Walgreen's NAAT) test was acceptable. 

If the cruise line accepts antigen tests, I would always get as opposed to doing the PCR test. But that's just me, I don't like waiting around in suspense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

We had an antigen test, it was spelled out on the Celebrity pre-cruise info that either antigen or PCR (or the Walgreen's NAAT) test was acceptable. 

If the cruise line accepts antigen tests, I would always get as opposed to doing the PCR test. But that's just me, I don't like waiting around in suspense.

This is for the country of Portugal.  The cruise line does their own testing before we board. Even though I flew to Greece, at the time, I didn't need any testing before that flight. United also has the policy on their website giving the date and time of the earliest you can be tested for this trip. Since I fly out on Wednesday 10/6 at 4:00pm it says an Antigen test can be dated no earlier than Monday 10/4 at 4:00pm.  I  found an Urgent Care Facility and was able to make an appt for Monday at 4:30pm.  (47.5 hours LOL).  

• Like 1

Just got back from our cruise this morning.  Left the ship at 815 and was home by 850 so super quick debarkation!   Good cruise with great weather and I have to say, Royal seems to be taking COVID protocols much more seriously than Celebrity but that may be due to more unvaccinated children on board.  Masks were required in all indoor public venues unless eating or drinking while sitting down.  Some venues were for vaccinated only, vaccinated passengers wore white bands to be easily identified by crew.  

I think it is going to take me a while to catch up with everyone!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, welcome back🙂 glad you had a good time and to be honest, in my opinion, it is good they are enforcing protocols.  I am guessing there were a lot of kids on board? And none of them have been vaxxed....(well, most of them).

I was very happy to see them enforcing the protocols, there were times on Celebrity that I felt a little uncomfortable with the lack of physical distance and no mask.  

Not sure how many kids were on board but definitely more than the dozen or so on Equinox.  2400 passengers out of a possible 6000 made for a very pleasant cruise!😂

Sherti🙂