for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Good morning friends🙂........well, today is the day........not sure if I told ya'll this, but this cruise is a replacement for a cancelled 2020 sailing.  When I booked it SS was running a special and there was a $1000.00 OBC attached to it as well😀......it took care my tours! And there is still credit left to use while I am on the ship.

Anyway, not sure if Debbie is back or when she is coming back......hope she had a great b2b!🙂

I won't be back home till VERY LATE on the 21st.......(like midnight).  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Got all the jewelry done..........just watching some tv........going to bed soon. I don't have to leave till about noon tomorrow. There is a Longhorn's near the airport and I think I will stop there for lunch and then hit the airport🙂

Smart to get a good meal in you before a long flight. A nice glass of wine too

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning friends🙂........well, today is the day........not sure if I told ya'll this, but this cruise is a replacement for a cancelled 2020 sailing.  When I booked it SS was running a special and there was a $1000.00 OBC attached to it as well😀......it took care my tours! And there is still credit left to use while I am on the ship.

Anyway, not sure if Debbie is back or when she is coming back......hope she had a great b2b!🙂

We leave very, very early on the 22nd to fly to Galveston for our cruise. Have a fantabulous cruise!!!  Melody

Have a great  cruise Lois!!!  You are my intrepid traveler now!   What airline are you flying?  Are you doing business again?  I'd love to know your post-COVID flight experience - supposedly the airlines are getting back to "regular" service on the trans-Atlantic flights.  

Weird thing:  I was couch surfing and watching reruns of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills - I was too bummed from watching "Maid" on Netflix (touched a few childhood memories) and too angry to watch more CNN.  Imagine my delight when one episode showed them in Provence (and L'Ise-sur-la -Sorgue, where I want to go) and another episode had them in Rome.  At least I got to see a little bit of the places, way better than anything right now.  

On 10/6/2021 at 8:57 AM, Lois R said:

Hi Lois and bon voyage!!  I look forward to hearing about your latest adventure.

I've been looking for a cruise that departs Lisbon and goes up the coast visiting Porto, La Coruna, Bilbao, then on the France's coast and possibly ending in England or Netherlands. I have one in mind but waiting to see if prices come down...

• Like 1

Hi girls😀 I am sitting in the hotel lobby and it is about 12:15. The emails we received said boarding will start at 2. The transfer SS provides is not going till 2:45 and I am not waiting for them. I will go on my own about 1:45 and the port is only about 15 minutes away. No idea why the transfer is starting so late.

Anyway, flight was good and the weather is awesome😀mid 70s and sunny and no humidity!

• Like 3

On 10/6/2021 at 5:57 AM, Lois R said:

hi Lois on way home today!  Haven’t been able to post or read here for a while, not sure if it was boards or me 🙂

a very big, late Bon Voyage to you!!!

22 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Did you decide to work the winter season?  Maybe you'll get some big tippers -- that will help defray expenses, lol.

Yeah, I'm going to work again.  A bunch of the owners  and my boss  want me back.  I don't mind - I've said before this is the easiest job I've ever had.  Some new owners came on board this Summer, so maybe some new Holiday and end-of-year tips.  If not, I can become one of the many service workers who donate plasma 🤪  I'm trying to hold off on Social Security until April at the earliest to get a little more money out of it.   You all convinced me that I should spend it and do it while I can...  I'm AirBnB -ing in Aix and Tuscany to cut down on expense.  I might in Paris as I did have a nice VRBO experience there.  

Cold and rainy today - in the 40s.  Sweats are in order.  IF I go out to grab food, maybe leggings and a sweatshirt.  I'm just being a lazy old lady today.

• Like 3

Kat, our financial guy told us to start spending. Les said, Melody never stopped 😉 she doesn’t need an excuse. We decided long ago that we were traveling as long as we were physically able to

• Like 2

Lois, do you think the 2:45 transit time was designed to spread out arrival times of cruisers? Of course it could reflect arrangement between hotel and bus line. We have used Holland America's transit between hotel and port several times. Was efficient and easy, we were never among the early arrivals at port. Wishing you a safe and enjoyable cruise.

Hi all!  Kat & Melody, you both have my new philosophy, I'm saying yes to a lot more things...(within our means, of course)  pre covid, I was very cautious when it came to spending/travel...  so easy to say we'll do something in 3 years, or 5 years, but after the last 2 years, I"m ready to say "lets do it now"

Currently outfit of the day:  ratty shorts & tee shirt to finish Halloween lights outside, I did interior before I left, but outside lights weren't finished.   My favorite time of year!

• Like 2

Not a rainy day, but chilly.  Woke up to snow on the tops of my mountains - about down to 8000'.  I heard some folks in an ultra marathon got caught in a foot or so of snow just north of us and they had to be rescued.  It happens this time of year - you never know what weather you're going to get.  The high is only going to be in the 50s and lows in the high 20s or so the next 10 days so could be snow down here at night.  Ugh.  I guess I have to make an appointment to get my snow tires put on the KIA!

Travel-wise:  I still think it's funny that my 10 day barge trip has now morphed into about 21 days in 2 countries!  I think I should not buy totally changeable flights anymore!!!   My circle of girls have been taking some wonderful trips since they have retired so I guess I need to change my outlook on spending for trips.   There is a group from Canada called "Journey Woman" - they have a website and a FB page; full of great content from "mature" women who have traveled everywhere you can think of solo.  A bunch have been doing multi-week road trips in the US (sounds familiar) and some did the Camino de Santiago this year.  Lots of good ideas for me there!  And, of course, a cruise if I find one that calls to me.  

OOTD:  sweats again.  Lazy again.  The highlight of the day will be doing my workout squats and lunges every hour to try to build up my leg muscles again.  If I get down on my knees to work on something, I all of a sudden have a bi%ch of a time getting back up!  

• Like 1

Good news!  I scored a ticket to Andrea Bocelli!!!  So, my trip is now pretty firmed up with only having to get the Paris-Florence-CDG hotels/AirBnB/rental car stuff done.  It's now definitely a Bucket List trip.  The hamster wheel needs to stop spinning!!  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Good news!  I scored a ticket to Andrea Bocelli!!!  So, my trip is now pretty firmed up with only having to get the Paris-Florence-CDG hotels/AirBnB/rental car stuff done.  It's now definitely a Bucket List trip.  The hamster wheel needs to stop spinning!!  

It sounds like you will have a great trip!  I am somewhat envious!

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317

8 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Kat, congrats on scoring those tickets, this is turning out to be a bucket list trip for sure!  

Back to work today was such a rude way to start a Monday lol, but after taking two weeks off it seemed a bit much to not work today.... Kat, when do you start work again?  Hopefully not only will people be generous tip wise, but also leave behind some nice wine & spirits to restock your winter supply 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Kat, congrats on scoring those tickets, this is turning out to be a bucket list trip for sure!  

Back to work today was such a rude way to start a Monday lol, but after taking two weeks off it seemed a bit much to not work today.... Kat, when do you start work again?  Hopefully not only will people be generous tip wise, but also leave behind some nice wine & spirits to restock your winter supply 😉 

We haven't decided yet on a start time.  There is still some construction going on with the renovation of the lobby and owner lounge, so I don't think I'll be starting until mid-Nov at the earliest.   Hey, I still have gallons of Tito's, but I could use more wine - I'm down to 2 bottles from last year!!!  Last year, tips got me new camping gear and my Apple Watch.  This year, tips, Santa Claus, Cupid, and the Easter Bunny are paying for this trip!  

Work is always harsh on the first day back from vacation.  I feel you.  Imagine my first day back at work after 7 months!!!  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, slidergirl said:

So exciting!  Isn't it fun to have something to plan for?  

That's been one of the toughest things for me during COVID -- not being able to plan for future trips.

I have something to keep me excited all through the Winter now.  I have a lot of reading and research and language learning to keep me occupied when I'm not working.  I can see down the line where packing is going to be interesting, with all those days and multiple environments to plan for.  I think my plan of just using my carry on is going out the window.  I may have to use my Osprey instead,  at least it's manageable on all forms of transportation.  I'll think of it as a math/fashion puzzle!!  

Speaking of Winter, it arrived here today.  Woke up to about 4 inches of really heavy, thick snow.  When the snow is like this, it pulls over all the branches of trees and entire little aspens trees.  They eventually bounce back, but it looks so sad to see them all hunched over.  Supposed to keep up off and on all day.  

OOTD:  I pulled out my tie dye hoodie mini dress to wear today - some splashes of brightness on an overcast, snowy day.   I got my grocery shopping done yesterday, so I'm not going anywhere today.  Bringing the garbage can back in after it's emptied is the most activity I'm doing.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, hope you got your tires done before the snow hit. Coming our way today

I saw that!  I think you're going to get it worse than we did.  Stay safe!

I gotta say that I must NEVER buy changeable tickets again!!  Freakin' hamster wheel.  Last night, I was thinking why am I going  back to Paris for a few days after Provence then going to Florence - why not do something else after Provence, get to Florence for a few days for the concert, then go back to Paris for maybe 2 days before I fly home.  That started the ball rolling downhill.  I could do a day in Monaco and visit my bobsled friends (although Albert may be too busy running the country 😉) then do a train down Italy, stopping maybe in Milan (only been at the airport and train station), maybe Bologna, maybe Naples, and ending in Florence.  I've been looking at rail schedules and the possibilities are just endless.  This is fun, though, with all my combinations I have go play with.  

P.S.  Did anyone else notice that the weirdness with not being able to log in or post seems to be gone??

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Kat, love hearing about your expanding plans!  & yes, I've been having nothing but problems with the boards, can't react to stuff, can't post, can't login...I'd like to do a little mini photo review of our trip, but it's good frustrating with the problems, hopefully it'll get fixed soon 🙂

Melody, I hope your snow is an enjoyable, pretty level, & not a "snowed in" level... especially since I believe you have a cruise coming up 🙂

Cynthia, the being able to plan again has made me feel alive again 🙂  I actually booked our hotel rooms for our Thanksgiving cruise, we're going to take the train with our DD & SIL to San Diego for two nights, then get on the ship on Sunday, can't wait!    Are you still considering booking a river cruise? (I think that's what you mentioned)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Kat, love hearing about your expanding plans!  & yes, I've been having nothing but problems with the boards, can't react to stuff, can't post, can't login...I'd like to do a little mini photo review of our trip, but it's good frustrating with the problems, hopefully it'll get fixed soon 🙂

Melody, I hope your snow is an enjoyable, pretty level, & not a "snowed in" level... especially since I believe you have a cruise coming up 🙂

Cynthia, the being able to plan again has made me feel alive again 🙂  I actually booked our hotel rooms for our Thanksgiving cruise, we're going to take the train with our DD & SIL to San Diego for two nights, then get on the ship on Sunday, can't wait!    Are you still considering booking a river cruise? (I think that's what you mentioned)

We leave next week. Trying to make the decision do we stay with our SW flights on Friday or do we drive out on Wednesday. I really don’t get a warm fuzzy about driving…& I love road trips

• Like 1