for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

10 hours ago, awhfy said:

I’m having a real issue on the boards, shows I’m signed in but I can’t respond to anything. Irritating

we have decided to fly, neither of us feel like a 2-day drive looking at oil rigs. I’ve been keeping close track of our flights & 🤞🤞🤞. We leave at oh dark really early on Friday. Melody

Yup, clearing history & cookies is getting little old 😉

Best wishes for smooth flights & smooth seas, hope you have a wonderful cruise 🙂

Melody - have safe travels and a wonderful cruise!

Yay!  A blue sky day for once.  And, temp will get up in the 50s.  

I have to drive down to the airport to have my Global Entry interview.   I hope it's as easy as the first (and only) one I had.  It's my second renewal.  After this is done, all my necessary travel docs are ready to go for next Summer.  

Since I have to drive into the Valley, I might stop by Trader Joe's on the way back.  I want to pick up some of the Argentinian shrimp that they have frozen - some sheet pan dinners are in the works.  And, I want to get some of their soups. 

Melody - when you had your dental work done, did you use protein drinks as your liquid meals?  I'm thinking I'm going to have to use something easy to "eat" when I get my inlay work done in 2 weeks.  I have a Blend Jet so I can make lots of interesting smoothies, but I need some protein in the mix.  

OOTD:  jeans on the bottom and a chambray/white stripe shirt.  I may or may not add a "man vest" to finish off the look.  

• Like 1

Well, a 40 minute drive down to the airport for a less-than-5-minute Global Entry "interview".  The officer couldn't figure out why I was down for an interview and not just automatically renewed.  When I mentioned it was my 2nd renewal, his lightbulb came on.  Apparently there some new additional criteria since I enrolled, the program flagged me.  We didn't have anything except that 5 second chat, then new fingerprints and a photo.  If nothing else, I got to see the new airport entry.  It's nice and big and roomy.  I heard that the walk to the gates is painful though until the tram is put in (like 2 years out).  

I did go to TJ's.  It ended up being a "holy cr*p" moment since the goodies I always get for Thanksgiving are out.  Some salads, some frozen stuff.  Strangely, they were basically out off all things pumpkin - one clerk said they haven't received another shipment.  Glad I stocked up in that case!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I have a Blend Jet so I can make lots of interesting smoothies, but I need some protein in the mix. 

You didn’t ask me but we’ve had to add protein to smoothies and after trying many different kinds…the absolute BEST is straight up collagen powder from grass fed cows. This is the brand we use:

https://www.target.com/p/garden-of-life-grass-fed-collagen-peptides-dietary-supplement-9-87oz/-/A-76614087?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tmnv&DFA=71700000079683306&CPNG=PLA_DVM%2B0060H00000uK4nmQAC-Garden+of+Life_Google_Always+on_2021_Fllight_AO&adgroup=PLA_Garden+of+Life&LID=700000001393753pgs&network=g&device=m&location=9011776&gbraid=0AAAAAD-5dfbQ7kRvBybrM8FG4SsAnC7v8&gbraid=0AAAAAD-5dfbQ7kRvBybrM8FG4SsAnC7v8&gclid=CjwKCAjwn8SLBhAyEiwAHNTJbcvkffQPETMZSdGFq6E8eaxnDg-E-OB3AZSxBzoeMW1uwTz5du73ZxoCd9YQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just in case that link doesn’t work. It’s the Garden of Life brand without any added flavor. It absolutely disappears in a smoothie…no chalky powder texture and absolutely no flavor. It’s an excellent source of protein.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

You didn’t ask me but we’ve had to add protein to smoothies and after trying many different kinds…the absolute BEST is straight up collagen powder from grass fed cows. This is the brand we use:

https://www.target.com/p/garden-of-life-grass-fed-collagen-peptides-dietary-supplement-9-87oz/-/A-76614087?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tmnv&DFA=71700000079683306&CPNG=PLA_DVM%2B0060H00000uK4nmQAC-Garden+of+Life_Google_Always+on_2021_Fllight_AO&adgroup=PLA_Garden+of+Life&LID=700000001393753pgs&network=g&device=m&location=9011776&gbraid=0AAAAAD-5dfbQ7kRvBybrM8FG4SsAnC7v8&gbraid=0AAAAAD-5dfbQ7kRvBybrM8FG4SsAnC7v8&gclid=CjwKCAjwn8SLBhAyEiwAHNTJbcvkffQPETMZSdGFq6E8eaxnDg-E-OB3AZSxBzoeMW1uwTz5du73ZxoCd9YQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just in case that link doesn’t work. It’s the Garden of Life brand without any added flavor. It absolutely disappears in a smoothie…no chalky powder texture and absolutely no flavor. It’s an excellent source of protein.

Thanks Anita!  I know Melody had dental work done this year and had done liquid.  I didn't mean to shut out everyone else.  

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Thanks Anita!  I know Melody had dental work done this year and had done liquid.  I didn't mean to shut out everyone else.  

You betcha...DH had dental surgery earlier this year and was required to eat soft foods, idk if you will be on full on liquid or if you will be on "soft foods" following whatever you have done. My local library had this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Foods-Easier-Eating-Cookbook-Follow/dp/0757002900/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&qid=1634921077&qsid=131-4911556-5119923&refinements=p_27%3ASandra+Woodruff&s=books&sr=1-1&sres=0757002900%2C1583330844%2C0757004210%2C0757004202%2C0895296306%2C0757004296%2C0895298600%2C1583332014%2C1583332375%2C0895296683%2C0895298619%2C0895297485%2C0895296292%2CB000I35Q1M%2C0895298805%2C0806906901

IDK if your library would or if the look inside is enough to get some ideas but this was a helpful book for understanding what might or might not interfere with healing (foods that get caught vs. food that doesn't) while having some "real" food and not just liquid for however long.

thanks Anita!   I know it's a 2 part process and I'm supposed to be careful of what I eat inbetween the processes.  

Well, I had an email a little while ago - my Global Entry is approved.  Kind of a waste of my time yesterday. At least I didn't have to fly somewhere to get it...

Hi girls,😀 I got home very late last night......like 1am.......had a VERY close connection in Atlanta but I did make it. My flight from Amsterdam left over an hour late and I barely had enough time to get to my gate. The only good thing was going through customs....there was NO line and for anyone flying in/out of Hartsfield knows that is not normal. But I guess when you arrive from overseas in the late evening, there are not a lot of flights.   Anyway, by the time I reached the gate for my flight home, they were already boarding.  Normally Atlanta is BUSY all day/night long.........

I had a fantastic time......Lisbon and the Islands around are beautiful!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

Anita, great to hear from you!   I was worried about you...  sounds like everything is fine & you just took some time off 🙂   I was revisiting your wonderful Alaska review from a few  years back....  we had a great time in Alaska a few weeks ago, & your tips helped!

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls,😀 I got home very late last night......like 1am.......had a VERY close connection in Atlanta but I did make it. My flight from Amsterdam left over an hour late and I barely had enough time to get to my gate. The only good thing was going through customs....there was NO line and for anyone flying in/out of Hartsfield knows that is not normal. But I guess when you arrive from overseas in the late evening, there are not a lot of flights.   Anyway, by the time I reached the gate for my flight home, they were already boarding.  Normally Atlanta is BUSY all day/night long.........

Welcome home, Lois!   Dang, that sounds like a tough travel time, arriving in middle of night, but maybe it helped with jet lag?  Sounds like you really enjoyed the new places you visited 🙂  So where are you off to next, lol 😉 

17 hours ago, Lois R said:

I had a fantastic time......Lisbon and the Islands around are beautiful!!!!!!!!

Hi Lois, welcome back. Hope you're fully recovered from your long travel day. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip and the cruise. 😃

Thanks for the welcome back..........Melody is now cruising? I forgot.....hope they have a wonderful time.

Debbie, I have a 15 night Caribbean cruise booked for December😀....Dec 2nd-17th. Not sure how much I will even get off the ship for that one. After that? A b2b in April..........Lisbon to Barcelona and then Barcelona to Rome.........17 nights.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thanks for the welcome back..........Melody is now cruising? I forgot.....hope they have a wonderful time.

Debbie, I have a 15 night Caribbean cruise booked for December😀....Dec 2nd-17th. Not sure how much I will even get off the ship for that one. After that? A b2b in April..........Lisbon to Barcelona and then Barcelona to Rome.........17 nights.

Oh my gosh, you are indeed an intrepid traveler!   I think Melody is embarking today...  seems like our little group here is doing our best to make up for lost travel time 😉   In your case, you should just have a permanently packed toiletry bag lol 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2021 at 12:09 PM, slidergirl said:

Melody - have safe travels and a wonderful cruise!

Yay!  A blue sky day for once.  And, temp will get up in the 50s.  

I have to drive down to the airport to have my Global Entry interview.   I hope it's as easy as the first (and only) one I had.  It's my second renewal.  After this is done, all my necessary travel docs are ready to go for next Summer.  

Since I have to drive into the Valley, I might stop by Trader Joe's on the way back.  I want to pick up some of the Argentinian shrimp that they have frozen - some sheet pan dinners are in the works.  And, I want to get some of their soups. 

Melody - when you had your dental work done, did you use protein drinks as your liquid meals?  I'm thinking I'm going to have to use something easy to "eat" when I get my inlay work done in 2 weeks.  I have a Blend Jet so I can make lots of interesting smoothies, but I need some protein in the mix.  

OOTD:  jeans on the bottom and a chambray/white stripe shirt.  I may or may not add a "man vest" to finish off the look.  

I lived on the Costco Premier Protein drinks & the taste good. Favorite is vanilla then chocolate. They do well in blender with fruit too

• Like 2

Made it safely (& 30 minutes early to Houston). Great driver to Galveston. Staying at Harbor House (400’ from the cruise terminal). Nice flat walk. Two fabulous dinners & wandering around The Strand. We board tomorrow. Right now we are having one of the best thunderstorms ever. Hope it gets it out of its system!!!  We all tested negative yesterday!!! Melody

• Like 3

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Made it safely (& 30 minutes early to Houston). Great driver to Galveston. Staying at Harbor House (400’ from the cruise terminal). Nice flat walk. Two fabulous dinners & wandering around The Strand. We board tomorrow. Right now we are having one of the best thunderstorms ever. Hope it gets it out of its system!!!  We all tested negative yesterday!!! Melody

Congrats on your negative test!  Hope you have a lovely time, enjoy 😊

• Like 1