for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

I get emails from Cleveland Clinic because that's where we go. I usually don't pay much attention to some of them unless they are directly about me. This one came in today about the MMR. Thought I'd share but something tells me most of you have already read this info.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.medicalnewstoday.com/amp/articles/mmr-vaccine-could-prevent-worst-symptoms-of-covid-19

17 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Sherri, that must have been scary learning that your son and his DH were so sick but what a relief that your grandson didn’t get it, 

Kat, oh yes I bought the apple cider spread and I have the pumpkin cream cheese too. I agree, the spread would make a good glaze on pork-might give that a try-thanks for the idea  Speaking of ideas, yes, there are so many good recipe ideas on the TJ site. I like that you can just get all the ingredients from them instead of tracking things down from multiple stores. Will have to look for that salad. Nice alternative to take out.

Don’t forget to post a picture of your outdoor display once the sight comes in and you are finished.

Sharon

I feel like going down the mountain again to TJs again.  I really liked that udon salad!  And, they had a turkey quesadilla that I had last night - it was tasty.  It was in the refrigerated section.   I saw the recipe for the turkey pumpkin chili on their recipe section.  I may have to try that one, too!  Nothing going on today, so it would be an excuse to get out of the house!  

I guess there's something big on TV tonight 😉  I'm all set with my 19 Crimes wine.  Can't wait to watch Jane Chastain and her real-time comments on Below Deck Mediterranean!!!  Probably the best thing on TV tonight that won't set off my blood pressure!!!

• Like 1

Well there wasn’t enough wine in the house to handle tonight’s main event! Am now watching TLC.

On a more positive note, the air purifier came today and just in time for another onslaught of smoke. I could really smell it when I left the house to go to the dentist. She has air purifiers in the office and I noticed the difference when I walked in. 

Take care all and Lois I hope you are doing ok.
Sharon

• Like 2

It's amazing how much better (happier, less stressed) I feel when these big work projects end. I have to say (very quietly) that I'm not sure how many more of these I can take; they definitely take a toll and I am not as young as I used to be, lol...

I also am happy that October is nearly here and the weather has obligingly moderated, allowing me to make some use of the yard and get out of the house. October is one of my favorite months -- at least, it is now that I can pay someone else to get rid of the leaves!  I'm not a fan of pumpkin, but I love crisp mornings and blue skies.

Kat, your finds at TJ's are making me want to go. Maybe this weekend I'll get there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

It's amazing how much better (happier, less stressed) I feel when these big work projects end. I have to say (very quietly) that I'm not sure how many more of these I can take; they definitely take a toll and I am not as young as I used to be, lol...

I also am happy that October is nearly here and the weather has obligingly moderated, allowing me to make some use of the yard and get out of the house. October is one of my favorite months -- at least, it is now that I can pay someone else to get rid of the leaves!  I'm not a fan of pumpkin, but I love crisp mornings and blue skies.

Kat, your finds at TJ's are making me want to go. Maybe this weekend I'll get there.

I know exactly what you mean. I retired exactly 9 years ago today. I was replaced with 5 people to do the job I did by myself. I adored my job but retirement is so fabulous (if only we could cruise soon). Melody

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I remember that feeling.  When I left my software job, I trained 2 kids in India to do my job.  Take a little time to think if there's a way you can "downsize" the job.  

It's that weird time of year, temp-wise, for a little bit up here.  Mid to upper 70s high, mid-30s low.   And, I'm with you - I have to find someone to do my Fall cleanup of leaves and cut the suckers for a cheap price.  

Definitely look for the Apple Cider spread if you like cider!  They had all sorts of good bread/brioche/bagels, too in cool flavors, but I was a good person and stayed away from them.  

Well, last night's TV offering was, shall I say, interesting?  My wine was gone in an instant.  It was hard to watch.  It is always sad to watch Kiko get thrown under the bus by Hannah and get fired.  Then, Hannah pops a Xanex to get rid of her guilt.  The only good thing is that I know Hannah will have Karma bite her on the butt in the next episode...  (how's that for avoiding the real show???).   Stayed up late to watch Chris and Don together.  I think I'm all caught up.  

• Like 1

Hi girls, it has been a long few days.   I have an update about what happened---------if you look back you will see

I posted on Sunday, which was the day I was released from the hospital.  I have not posted over the last 4 days.

It ended up Sunday night (yes the same day I cam home)........well, Sunday night I woke up and had actually had

to call 911 again and was taken back to the hospital. I won't go into all the full details but to tell you, I was close

to being a goner........thankfully I was able to crawl to the phone and rescue came.   It was a scary episode and 

they kept me in the hospital (was released this afternoon).  I don't wish a bleeding ulcer on any of you........it is 

very dangerous. (I lost ALOT of blood in a short period of time). 

Anyway, hope all of you are ok..........

5 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

just popping in really quick to say hi, & hopefully everyone's doing well 🙂   super busy work wise, so I will have to catch up with everyone when I get caught up work wise 🙂  & when I recover from tuesday's very interesting tv program 😉    

I watched that Fiasco from my  hospital bed............

53 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I watched that Fiasco from my  hospital bed............

oh my gosh, thank goodness you were able to get to the phone.... I can't imagine how you are coping with one thing after another being thrown at you...  

sending you cyber hugs & flowers Lois,  are they sure it's under control now?   I don't know anything about bleeding ulcers, but it sounds terrible.   XOXOX at you :)

Oh my god Lois!  I'm thankful that you were able to get to the phone to call 911.  Hopefully, your time at the hospital gives a path to getting back to where you were pre-ulcer.   I wish I could do something for you.  Internet hugs and some chicken soup are the best I can do.  PLEASE take care.  

• Like 1

Lois you’ve really had a year, haven’t you!  Seems to come in spurts like that sometimes. The year I retired I had 5 different major surgeries. It was like my body said, okay you can break down now. Hopefully this is the end of health issues for you & you can start enjoying your retirement. Melody

Hi Melody, yes, it seems I can't just catch a cold or something simple..............

Hopefully things will improve going forward. I feel pretty good today. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I still say we buy a shipload (nod to CC) of bubble wrap and we just cocoon up for the remainder!!!!

We just might have to do that since there are many who aren’t taking this seriously and aren’t concerned about others. So if I wrap myself in bubble wrap can I then visit with my kids?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1