for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

Hi girls, well, I decided to have my carpet professionally cleaned.  They are coming tomorrow afternoon. They

are running a special so I am actually have all 3 bedrooms done and I told the gal about the blood stain so hopefully

it will look much better after they do their thing!😃

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, well, I decided to have my carpet professionally cleaned.  They are coming tomorrow afternoon. They

are running a special so I am actually have all 3 bedrooms done and I told the gal about the blood stain so hopefully

it will look much better after they do their thing!😃

definitely the way to go, & if worse comes to worse, you could always put a cut area rug on top of the stain. :)

sharon & kat, thanks for mentioning the waldorf salad, going to the register recorders office to drop off my ballot, & then going to TJ to pick up that salad, sounds good  :)

other good news:   a very expensive car repair from about 18 months ago had a class action lawsuit, & we are getting reimbursed...  they said a check was mailed on tuesday :)

uploaded a little video from last nights run, sound on for the birdsong, it was very peaceful :)

36 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

definitely the way to go, & if worse comes to worse, you could always put a cut area rug on top of the stain. 🙂

Hi Debbie, I don't think I will need to put anything on top.....actually it looks much better today as well.

Debbie - I had the Waldorf Salad yesterday.  It was good.   Also, pick up one of those Harvest Apple bags of salad if they have it.  Also really good.   What kind of car do you have?  I just got a notice from KIA about some kind of settlement that would give me a lifetime warranty on part of the engine.  Curious. 

My adventures out into the World may go back on hold for a few days.  We've had a big uptick in COVID cases here and our hospital is overtaxed right now.  No reason to get out and about.  

Last note:  after The Big Show Wednesday night, I made a small addition to my Holiday Display.  See if you can find it!  

IMG_0763.JPG

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Debbie - I had the Waldorf Salad yesterday.  It was good.   Also, pick up one of those Harvest Apple bags of salad if they have it.  Also really good.   What kind of car do you have?  I just got a notice from KIA about some kind of settlement that would give me a lifetime warranty on part of the engine.  Curious. 

My adventures out into the World may go back on hold for a few days.  We've had a big uptick in COVID cases here and our hospital is overtaxed right now.  No reason to get out and about.  

Last note:  after The Big Show Wednesday night, I made a small addition to my Holiday Display.  See if you can find it!  

IMG_0763.JPG

The fly swatter adds a nice touch!😂 

Sherri🙂

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

The fly swatter ! I watched the debate that was so funny when that fly landed .The snow birds are returning so Florida is getting crowded and the numbers are climbing .

I just couldn't help it.  When I bought this house 12 years ago, the owners left 2 swatters on the laundry room door.  I finally found a reason to use one!  It was just too funny to ignore.   I have to stay up to watch Saturday Night Live tomorrow night to see who plays The Fly.  I want my BFF's boyfriend's son do it (he plays Putin and was Chris Wallace last week), but "the word" has Jeff Goldblum doing it.  It's the gift that keep on giving!!  Kind of like the White House Raccoon that pestered the CNN reporter!

With the snowbirds, you have to watch out for 2 things now - their driving AND their social distancing!!!  Just avoid the Early Bird Specials and Happy Hours for a few months 😷

Edited by slidergirl
1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

I just couldn't help it.  When I bought this house 12 years ago, the owners left 2 swatters on the laundry room door.  I finally found a reason to use one!  It was just too funny to ignore.   I have to stay up to watch Saturday Night Live tomorrow night to see who plays The Fly.  I want my BFF's boyfriend's son do it (he plays Putin and was Chris Wallace last week), but "the word" has Jeff Goldblum doing it.  It's the gift that keep on giving!!  Kind of like the White House Raccoon that pestered the CNN reporter!

With the snowbirds, you have to watch out for 2 things now - their driving AND their social distancing!!!  Just avoid the Early Bird Specials and Happy Hours for a few months 😷

Beck Bennett did a really good job as Chris Wallace, when I closed my eyes I could have sworn it was Wallace speaking.  And he also was really good last year as pence, I am hoping he will reprise that character this year. 

I, too, am staying up to see what SNL does.😂 

Sherri🙂

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

IMG_0763.JPG

👍 Great addition!

Hi girls,  well, the carpet people came today and everything looks really clean😃...smells good too. This company

does not use a detergent. They use VERY HOT water with grapefruit skin.......it may sound strange but it works.

Looks like the blood is all gone and the entire carpet looks great.🙂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Beck Bennett did a really good job as Chris Wallace, when I closed my eyes I could have sworn it was Wallace speaking.  And he also was really good last year as pence, I am hoping he will reprise that character this year. 

I, too, am staying up to see what SNL does.😂 

Sherri🙂

My fave with Beck will always be Putin.  especially when he comes out bare-chested.  Just too funny.   But, it would make sense for him to be Pence this time and have Goldblum be the Fly.  

I can't imagine SNL NOT doing the fly this week.  

OH - whoever recommended the microwave popcorn popper last month - I LOVE IT!!!  It's so freakin' easy - 3 minutes and I have my popcorn nice and naked - no processed oils!  Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by slidergirl
Just now, Lois R said:

Hi girls,  well, the carpet people came today and everything looks really clean😃...smells good too. This company

does not use a detergent. They use VERY HOT water with grapefruit skin.......it may sound strange but it works.

Looks like the blood is all gone and the entire carpet looks great.🙂

Yay!!!   Interesting that they used grapefruit skin.  Very eco-friendly!

Now, NO MORE BLEEDING PLEASE!!! 

9 hours ago, slidergirl said:

IMG_0763.JPG

it's an Audi,  & I actually got the check today :)   Luckily I had kept all repair receipts

I love your display :)

Lois, glad your carpet came out good :)

Ladies, I too am liking forward to SNL tomorrow...  they have plenty of fodder for a good show this week ;)

In typical 2020 fashion, our washing machine broke earlier in the week, I was able to goggle the problem, both the part on amazon, & it was delivered on wednesday evening,  so thursday afternoon steve started working on it, but didn't find out till hours into it that he didn't have the right socket wrench...found one, but it was so late, so figured he'd finish today.....I took our stuff to laundry mat & washed, figuring when I got home it'd be done, however, since it's 2020,  when taking it apart he broke another part....

found a parts place that had one in stock, drove 2 hours out to Riverside to get it, though I should look in the box to make sure it was the right part....& get this....  it was broken :classic_rolleyes:    so, I just ordered one online, & it should arrive on tuesday...  it's been quite a week ;)

so this is my washing machine, lying on it's back, with all it's insides taken out:IMG_1261.thumb.JPG.08aa0f0db63e44e0c6b0a8dc8b2918f6.JPG

it's almost 7:30 here, so it's perfectly acceptable for me to take a shower & start drinking :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/homemade-limoncello-1236891

It actually says 10-40 days for each "rest" period. I figure the longer the better.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to start a second batch using 100 proof and do a better job of zesting. I'll also let it sit longer with the peels and then compare the two.

10 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Lois, glad your carpet came out good 🙂

Ladies, I too am liking forward to SNL tomorrow...  they have plenty of fodder for a good show this week 😉

In typical 2020 fashion, our washing machine broke earlier in the week, I was able to goggle the problem, both the part on amazon, & it was delivered on wednesday evening,  so thursday afternoon steve started working on it, but didn't find out till hours into it that he didn't have the right socket wrench...found one, but it was so late, so figured he'd finish today.....I took our stuff to laundry mat & washed, figuring when I got home it'd be done, however, since it's 2020,  when taking it apart he broke another part....

found a parts place that had one in stock, drove 2 hours out to Riverside to get it, though I should look in the box to make sure it was the right part....& get this....  it was broken :classic_rolleyes:    so, I just ordered one online, & it should arrive on tuesday...  it's been quite a week 😉

so this is my washing machine, lying on it's back, with all it's insides taken out:IMG_1261.thumb.JPG.08aa0f0db63e44e0c6b0a8dc8b2918f6.JPG

it's almost 7:30 here, so it's perfectly acceptable for me to take a shower & start drinking :classic_biggrin:

Good morning.......so sorry about your washer!

10 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

found a parts place that had one in stock, drove 2 hours out to Riverside to get it, though I should look in the box to make sure it was the right part....& get this....  it was broken :classic_rolleyes:    so, I just ordered one online, & it should arrive on tuesday...  it's been quite a week 😉

I have no words other than that this completely sums up 2020, doesn't it? :classic_laugh:

I know what you mean about parts. My DS had a problem with the fan on his computer -- ordered a part that had the right number (after he had taken his expensive computer apart to find out :classic_ohmy:). But when it arrived, it was the correct piece, but REVERSE of what he needed -- I guess like having a right foot and a left foot, his computer has a right fan and a left fan, LOL. 

Anyway, after another week we finally got the right fan part and he put it together and it worked, so there was much happiness on his part. 

36 minutes ago, Sailor_Sally said:

Sorry about your washer ! 2020 will go down as the weirdest year ever .

You got that right........and probably one of the WORST years ever as well.

14 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

OMG!  You washer debacle reminded me of an old episode of Modern Family when Phil tried to fix the machine!!!   You know there are people you can pay to fix appliances, right?  <just joking>

It's going to be an "interesting" weekend, weather-wise up here,  Today, sunny and a possible high of 75.  Overnight, it drops into the 30s, stays there and possible snow Sunday.  And, Monday, it stays in the high 20s/low 30s.  So, I might have to see if I can squeeze into any of my jeans on Monday!  At least I have a bunch of different sizes in the closet!  

Oh - a note on the Pumpkin Chili - after sitting in the fridge for a day, it actually tasted better.  The pumpkin blended in more, not so out front as it was.  Maybe that's the thing.  But, clumsy hands happened:  I went to get another bowl out for dinner *had one for lunch*, I dropped the container and it went SPLAT all over the floor.  Had salad for dinner, instead.  Now, I'm short a dinner for Sunday.  Sounds like take out from my clean eating place. 

I'm just waiting until SNL tonight!!!  Soooo much material to choose from to put in such a short time!!

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I have no words other than that this completely sums up 2020, doesn't it? :classic_laugh:

I know what you mean about parts. My DS had a problem with the fan on his computer -- ordered a part that had the right number (after he had taken his expensive computer apart to find out :classic_ohmy:). But when it arrived, it was the correct piece, but REVERSE of what he needed -- I guess like having a right foot and a left foot, his computer has a right fan and a left fan, LOL. 

Anyway, after another week we finally got the right fan part and he put it together and it worked, so there was much happiness on his part. 

I think it should be against the law for things to break during a pandemic ;)   On the brings side, though, if anyone needs an LG top loader taken apart & put back together, I"m your person....  & you and DS can start up a computer repair business lol...