for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Kat, love your very creative RGB costume! Candy serving idea is a good one.  On our walk this morning, we found a street with several unique decorations. The pirate themed one was really quite elaborate but there was too much shade from large trees so sadly, no picture to share.

I see that this thread is up to page 80. Wow!

Took advantage of a few deals on Prime day sales, including the use of my $10 Whole Foods credit. 4 of the items are coming today. 

Warm today so wearing summer clothes. Wish we had some fall weather.

Sharon

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 4:33 PM, Lois R said:

I had multiple coupons to Bed, Bath and Beyond and bought a George Foreman grill today. Not sure why I 

didn't get one before now.  It is such a great thing! I had one many, many years ago so I know how good they

work. Anyway, I grilled 2 chicken breasts that I had marinated in Teriyaki sauce........less than 10 minutes and

they were done!  Had a side of cole slaw and macaroni salad with it. I only ate one breast so have leftovers

for tomorrow.  So much easier than pre-heating the oven and you just have to wipe down the grill with a wet

paper towel too!

Hi Lois, I have an older GF but it doesn’t cook evenly. Thinking of replacing it. Which model did you buy?

Sharon

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I was a bad girl and bought a new pair of joggers to wear this Fall & Winter.  Lululemon Ready to Rulu.  The black/gray camo ankle length (not the crop).  Oh my.  They are soooo freakin' soft and comfy!!!  I may never get out of them!!  Yes, the price point is high, but it's what I expect from Lululemon.  I have pieces from them that I've had for 10 years and still going strong, so I don't mind paying.  Toss on a Tshirt or a sweatshirt and they'll be good to go out.   I'll have to call this my "get out of the doldrums" present since my Apple Watch took care of Christmas.  

The Lulu's are cute. I like the camo color -- I like a little camo print but not too much and not in the "traditional" khaki.  I have a pair of Cole Haan street sneakers that I absolutely love in a black/gray/silver camo pattern. Wore them all over Rome and Ravenna last fall.  (Big sigh...😢)

2 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Hi Lois, I have an older GF but it doesn’t cook evenly. Thinking of replacing it. Which model did you buy?

Sharon

Hi Sharon, I got this one: I actually had a coupon so it was even less than 30.00!

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/george-foreman-reg-5-serving-classic-electric-indoor-grill-and-panini-press/5337102?keyword=george-foreman-grills

• Like 1

Hi Ladies, trying to catch up again :)

Sharon, good to hear from you,  did you get the microwave sorted out yet?

Cynthia, yikes on the storm & the sump pump...  our retirement goal is a townhome, no more big yard or pool to take of,  or outdoor maintenance.  Congrats on the new tv & outdoor lounger.    BTW, we haven't had anyone inside either, except the two little grandkids, at two & four, we consider them our acceptable risk level.  

Regarding Halloween,   I'm decorating & leaving a bowl of candy on the driveway with a sign that says take one please :)   

Our kids will come over & I'll have the backyard decorated & we'll have a little bonfire, & watch a children's halloween movie in the pool (my daughter bought an outside projector for our pool)  that way we can be outside, socially distanced, but they will still have a memorable Halloween.     I also have zoo tickets for the day before so they will wear their costumes there.  

Lois, I used to have a GF grill, but got rid of it when we moved, now I wish I'd kept it of course :)

Kat, I hope you get to take a little vacay :)

I have some exciting news, DH & I will be part of the phase 3 Pfizer vaccine trial....the cool part is that even if we get the placebo, if the trials go well,  everyone in the trial who wants the real vaccine will be able to get it in December.....  keeping my fingers crossed that it goes well,  sounds like this is the most promising of all the top contenders :)

& speaking of Halloween decorations, here's a couple of houses around here:

IMG_1315.thumb.JPG.7af98dbfa80384b982a7f4b39dfbfbf7.JPG

IMG_1375.thumb.jpg.3cc0bec04efb7d5959342371b81ab41a.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

I have some exciting news, DH & I will be part of the phase 3 Pfizer vaccine trial....the cool part is that even if we get the placebo, if the trials go well,  everyone in the trial who wants the real vaccine will be able to get it in December.....  keeping my fingers crossed that it goes well,  sounds like this is the most promising of all the top contenders 🙂

That's brilliant -- congrats!  One sure way to get the vaccine early. 

And I loved the pics of the decorated houses. I will have to remember to snap some pics around our neighborhood.

• Like 1

I thought I had posted this last night, but it looks like I forgot to push "send'.  Duh.  Here it is:

Good job on getting into the Phase 3 Trials.  Brave move on your parts.  I hope you get "the good stuff" and all goes without issue.

I never knew I could order online from While Foods and pick it up!!!!  AND, there were SAME DAY times to do it!!!  I put in the order and 30 minutes later, it was ready.  And since I live 5 minutes away, it was perfect.  And, I only bought what I needed - no picking up extraneous stuff that jacks up the price.  What a wonderful world I live in!!!  

Second day in my Lulus.  They are so soft!!!  I may wear them out before January!!!  

• Like 2

I bit the bullet & bought an air fryer/toaster oven. Cuisinart digital air fryer/dehydrator/toaster oven. Looking forward to opening it on Christmas morning!

60AE3D8D-6A2D-47A1-BB19-81A361788E2A.jpeg

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

Melody , You will love it !

Now to find some good recipes. Sally do you recommend any cookbooks?  About all I can think of is chicken Parmesan!

tomorrow is  National Pasta Day, mangia!

I found the best recipes online . For me it was trial and error to learn the settings and time . For chicken parm. I bread the chicken with panko bread crumbs then do 8-10 minutes in the air fryer on 370 . I then put on a small amount of sauce and some cheese and cook it for a minute at 250.I do a lot of chicken,pork chops and fish in it . It is super great for potato wedges and heating left overs .I love mine . I bought my daughter one and now she loves hers . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Here's my limoncello. Isn't it a pretty color? In a week, I'll add sugar syrup and mellow another 40 days.

20201017_093217.jpg

so pretty!   Just FYI, I tried to make mine with less sugar than the recipe called for, & while it's delicious, I can't keep it in the freezer cause it actually freezes ;)    Next time I make it I'm going to try the higher proof vodka, & put the full amount of sugar in :)

Can't wait to hear how yours turns out!

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 7:26 PM, cruisemom42 said:

That's brilliant -- congrats!  One sure way to get the vaccine early. 

And I loved the pics of the decorated houses. I will have to remember to snap some pics around our neighborhood.

Hi Cynthia,  thank you :)  & please post decoration pics if you have time :)

On 10/15/2020 at 5:20 AM, Lois R said:

Good morning,  Debbie, wow........that is pretty cool🙂 how did you get chosen to be part of of the trial?

Hi Lois, I just googled "vaccine trials"  & signed up online.   This was quite a few weeks ago & I didn't think anything would come of it, but I got a phone call last week, did a phone interview, & now we start next Friday, it's a two year commitment, & I hate needles, but it's worth it if it helps everyone to move forward.

On another note, I'm now doing a hybrid work schedule of some from home, & two days "live" in the office & having to meet with clients, so I finally scheduled a haircut appointment for the 27th.... heaven knows I need it :)

• Like 1

Debbie - I'm a tad curious about your Pfizer trial.  I was just watching CNN on the virus.  Pfizer is trying to get their vaccine out the door the end of November with an EUA.  Since you are just starting participating, it takes 2 doses weeks apart, and you have to commit to 2 years, how does that work?  Is it that you are commiting to also taking multiple doses of reworked/"improved" vaccines durng this time?   Did they give you a projected efficacy?  Let's say I'm having some trouble believing some things coming out of the "Warp Speed" communications.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Debbie - I'm a tad curious about your Pfizer trial.  I was just watching CNN on the virus.  Pfizer is trying to get their vaccine out the door the end of November with an EUA.  Since you are just starting participating, it takes 2 doses weeks apart, and you have to commit to 2 years, how does that work?  Is it that you are commiting to also taking multiple doses of reworked/"improved" vaccines durng this time?   Did they give you a projected efficacy?  Let's say I'm having some trouble believing some things coming out of the "Warp Speed" communications.  

Hi Kat, I'm only going off what I was told from the clinical trial lab, we'll get two doses, aprox. 3 weeks apart, of course if anyone has a very bad reaction to dose one, then dose two will be put on hold.  If everything goes as they hope, then they expect approval in December....  they are doing the approval process at the same time as they do this trial.... I'm comfortable with this as they paused the other two vaccine phase 3 trials to check out some reactions & whether or not they are actually caused by the vaccines, or just coincidence. 

From what they said, right now, if it's approved in december, most people wouldn't get it until next summer...

The two year commitment will involve us each keeping a daily diary of how we're feeling, & daily self temperature checks...  & lots of blood draws to check our antibody levels to see how long the antibodies last.  I think at this point they don't know if people will need boosters every year or every few years

In other news, the final part for our washer showed up this morning, & Steve is doing a load as we speak :)   so glad not to be at a laundymat :)

22 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Kat, I'm only going off what I was told from the clinical trial lab, we'll get two doses, aprox. 3 weeks apart, of course if anyone has a very bad reaction to dose one, then dose two will be put on hold.  If everything goes as they hope, then they expect approval in December....  they are doing the approval process at the same time as they do this trial.... I'm comfortable with this as they paused the other two vaccine phase 3 trials to check out some reactions & whether or not they are actually caused by the vaccines, or just coincidence. 

From what they said, right now, if it's approved in december, most people wouldn't get it until next summer...

The two year commitment will involve us each keeping a daily diary of how we're feeling, & daily self temperature checks...  & lots of blood draws to check our antibody levels to see how long the antibodies last.  I think at this point they don't know if people will need boosters every year or every few years

In other news, the final part for our washer showed up this morning, & Steve is doing a load as we speak 🙂   so glad not to be at a laundymat 🙂

Thanks for the explanation.  Like I said, I couldn't grasp the timelines.   I still can't imagine a true approval in December, maybe if all goes exactly right, an EUA.  But, a couple of months with not as many subjects as they were supposed to have, constitutes a thorough trial.   This isn't just Pfizer, but all of them.