for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

I forgot - the ski resort where my condos are (they are slope-side) are requiring face masks for everything except actual skiing down the hills: waiting in lift lines, on the lifts, in the lodges...  And the "Buff" kind of things will not be allowed, you must have a genuine mask.  That's going to piss off a lot of the 20-something ski rats as they wear those all the time.  

Melody:  just saw that the entire town of Estes Park has been asked to evacuate.  That is truly sad.  I spent some quality time backpacking in Rocky Mt. Natl Park back in the day and Estes Park was our starting point,  Beautiful area. 

My Mute button for my TV got quite a workout last night.  Then, I started bouncing between one particular "news event" and reruns of Southern Charm.  I figured I could scope out names of bars & restaurants in the show to give to my grand niece who just relocated to the area (she's the new teacher).  The rosé was a nice drink to go with the activity.  

Whole Foods Note:  I had their "everything" chopped salad bag last night.  Surprisingly good.  Everyone is gettng on the "Everything but the Bagel" seasoning wagon lately.   It had a not-too-heavy Ranch dressing with it.  I'll buy this one again.   If I was so inclined to DIY, I could, as I have EBTB seasoning here at home.  But, I'm a lazy girl and I'll just buy the bag with everything already cut and prepped.  

I've got an appointmant with my opthalmologist in 2 hours.  My eye has been bothering me again and my driving vision is fuzzy again.  I'm hoping I'm just paranoid and it's allergy, but I want to be absolutely sure.  

OOTD:  It's a cool gray day here.  Leggings and a sweatshirt are on tap.  It's 27 right now and only going up to 40-something today.  I just can't get myself to wear a jacket yet.  

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, hope your eye will be ok......let us know what the Dr says!

Thanks Lois.

Phew!  She said everything is OK, pressure is normal, no infection.  Just really dry and irritated, which is a long haul CV-19 thing.  So, all I have to do for now is regular drops to keep it hydrated.  If it doesn't help, she'll have me do some low-dose steroid drops. She said she wants me to be paranoid and to come back for any strangeness.  

I attired in my camo leggings and one of my Woolx long sleeved 1/4 zip shirts.  Ladies - if you want a nice zip shirt to wear this Fall/Winter for "active" wear, look at Woolx.  Again, pricey but worth it.  Today's shirt is the Rory 1/4 zip "sweater" in the Midnight Heather.  Soooo comfy!!  I bought the black one last year and wore the majority of my camping trip in the evening.  It's not really a sweater, but a nice combo of wool/poly panels.  And, it doesn't stink up!  

It's still in the upper 30s - it feels so nice and crisp!

Now, I'm going to relax and de-stress for the rest of the day!  

• Like 1

Hi Kat, glad the Dr said your eye is ok!

Upper 30s?😲 wow.........it is still shorts and t-shirt weather here!

***Not a political comment***  Yesterday we had over 71,000 new cases of Covid!☹️

I know the real MD's are saying we are going to be having a VERY hard winter........looks like it is already starting........

Please be safe everyone!

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Kat, Glad your eye is ok. It’s scary when you can’t see!

Yeah, it is.  She did say that the dryness can contribute to fuzzy vision.  

Lois - I keep seeing those COVID numbers and get a combination of angry and sad.  Through the COVID group I belong to, I've come to know quite a few people who join when their spouse/grandparent/etc. are in the hospital and on a vent and end up passing away.  It's really upsetting.  Then there are the lucky ones who spent time in hospital, on vents, and recover.  Those make me grateful.  Then there are those of us who got the "it's not that bad, go home and take Tylenol for 14 days" version but are still having issues months later.  That is frustrating.  It's the gift that keep on giving to all of us.  If you get it, you get to roll the dice to see how it will affect you.   My county, where we've been very, very good and have had that mandatory mask thing going on all summer & fall, well, we just moved into the dark red "high" situation.  We're back to 10 people for a meeting.  I think it's going to be a terrible Winter, illness-wise.  No one in right mind can think it's just going to go away.  I'll be hanging at my house unless I must go do something.  

The weather temps are "relative".  I felt great outside today.  For me, I didn't see a jacket.  But, lots of people did have one their puffies.   I remember when the ex and I would go down to Arizona for a long weekend in the winter, we'd be sitting out on our deck in shorts & long sleeve Tshirts.  We'd watch the golfers go by in sweaters or jackets and wool hats.  If we went to breakfast, people thought we were crazy because they were wearing jackets like it was 10 degrees!!!  

Have a nice evening!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

That just about sums up this whole year in a sentence, doesn't it??  😂😂

Beautiful plant, btw.

Thanks, it’s a babied piece from my grandmother’s cactus. The original plant is over 150 years old & it always blooms between Thanksgiving & Christmas, this year it’s blooming now too!

• Like 1

Just catching up after a hectic week of work... They will be coming to install my new TV today. 

Lois:  Good to hear that the medication issue was caught quickly -- hope the new medication works well for you.

Kat:  Sorry to hear your eye is still giving you problems. That's scary and sobering if it is a COVID complication. Perhaps it is just being exacerbated by the poor air quality?  Oh and major congrats on the job front.

Everyone:  So good to hear everyone has voted/is voting. Our ballots were dropped off at the county pick-up box this week.

• Like 1

Good morning friends.......it really is quite amazing how many people are voting early!👍.....we still have 10 days left

until 11/3 and over 51 million folks have already voted!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sailor_Sally said:

This is the first year we voted early and I like it . Once my ballot was in the box a calm came over me and I can now ignore all the political crap until it's over.

Now if only they could tell we've voted and stop all the calls and mute the commercials....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sailor_Sally said:

This is the first year we voted early and I like it . Once my ballot was in the box a calm came over me and I can now ignore all the political crap until it's over.

I vote early every time! I go in person but always go when early voting opens.

Hi girls, well, I actually went to Trader Joe's today!   Got a few different items to try.......one is a dip......."everything bagel yogurt dip."

It is DELICOUS!  I also tried their spinach dip but haven't opened it yet.  Got a few other things too, 

some baby broccoli, some mushrooms too.  And I got 2 different types of frozen veggies.......one is various roots

that you bake (instead of potatoes).........beets, parsnips, carrots......will see how they taste.

And the other is a bag called "COLORFUL CARROT COINS"..........a blend of orange, yellow, white and purple carrots!

They look interesting for sure😃 

12 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, well, I actually went to Trader Joe's today!   Got a few different items to try.......one is a dip......."everything bagel yogurt dip."

It is DELICOUS!  I also tried their spinach dip but haven't opened it yet.  Got a few other things too, 

some baby broccoli, some mushrooms too.  And I got 2 different types of frozen veggies.......one is various roots

that you bake (instead of potatoes).........beets, parsnips, carrots......will see how they taste.

And the other is a bag called "COLORFUL CARROT COINS"..........a blend of orange, yellow, white and purple carrots!

They look interesting for sure😃 

Uh oh.  We have another TJ's person now!!!    Next time, pick up a bottle of the Everything but the Bagel seasoning.  You can have fun trying it on everything!  Now you know why I always end up saying "holy crap" when I see my total - there is sooo much good stuff there.   Go to their website and look at the recipe section if you are ever wondering what to make up.  

The eye thing is just frustrating.  I'm just going to keep it soaked in the drops.  The survey that 1500 of us did for Indiana University showed that over 400 of us reported dry eyes with fuzzy vision.  So, at least I'm not alone.  My opthalmologist was interested in the survey so I sent her a copy.  

The early voting around is just crazy.  What is interesting is the number of people who are in their "older" years who are voting for the first time.  It speaks to the importance of this particular election cycle.  

21 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Uh oh.  We have another TJ's person now!!!    Next time, pick up a bottle of the Everything but the Bagel seasoning.  You can have fun trying it on everything!  Now you know why I always end up saying "holy crap" when I see my total - there is sooo much good stuff there.   Go to their website and look at the recipe section if you are ever wondering what to make up.  

The eye thing is just frustrating.  I'm just going to keep it soaked in the drops.  The survey that 1500 of us did for Indiana University showed that over 400 of us reported dry eyes with fuzzy vision.  So, at least I'm not alone.  My opthalmologist was interested in the survey so I sent her a copy.  

The early voting around is just crazy.  What is interesting is the number of people who are in their "older" years who are voting for the first time.  It speaks to the importance of this particular election cycle.  

Hi Kat, not sure when I will be going back......the only reason I was there really......I was looking at the Steinmart

in the same shopping center. All the Steinmart's are closing this coming week and I was seeing what was left (not 

much at this store) LOL.

I am truly a Publix shopper🙂

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Kat, ask your Dr. first, but you might want to start adding a "lid" wash to your routine, it has helped me so much.   There are special solutions you could buy, but i just use baby shampoo (the no tears kind)  mixed with sterile water in a bottle,  I gently wash my lids, but the trick is, that you sort of wash your lashes (eyes closed gently) and make sure you really get the roots of your lashes clean, then do drops after about 10 minutes.   It has truly helped me.  

• Like 1

Hi everbody, 

Started the Covid trial yesterday, it was a whole day event with lots of jabs, & a not so fun Covid up the nose test :)     Pretty sure I got the placebo as I have no effects.   Funny story though,   as we were waiting in a room with about 15 people (well spaced & masked of course)   we were all awaiting test results, to get the shot.  When one of the nurses comes to the door & says she needs to speak with me in private...  I completely inadvertently shouted Oh my God, you're not going to tell me I'm pregnant, are you???

I think Steve almost passed out lol....  no, I'm not pregnant, but I had to promise to use two methods of birth control, which at 53 is not something i thought I'd have to do, but ok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Kat, ask your Dr. first, but you might want to start adding a "lid" wash to your routine, it has helped me so much.   There are special solutions you could buy, but i just use baby shampoo (the no tears kind)  mixed with sterile water in a bottle,  I gently wash my lids, but the trick is, that you sort of wash your lashes (eyes closed gently) and make sure you really get the roots of your lashes clean, then do drops after about 10 minutes.   It has truly helped me.  

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.  Now, to be sure, this is the OUTSIDE of the lids, right???? 🤪

I wish we had Publix up here.  I really enjoyed the one I used on vacation in Cocoa Beach.   Nice produce, nice prepared foods, good bakery.  

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.  Now, to be sure, this is the OUTSIDE of the lids, right???? 🤪

I wish we had Publix up here.  I really enjoyed the one I used on vacation in Cocoa Beach.   Nice produce, nice prepared foods, good bakery.  

Yep....Publix is always good! They keep the stores very clean and the folks are always cordial/friendly/helpful.

Debbie , That gave me a real chuckle ! 

Trader Joe's is a drive for me so I don't go there . I do go to a store called Fresh Market . It is such a nice store . I always leave with a few items and a huge bill. I do most of my shopping at Publix.

There is a face book group for Covid long timers . It is sad that so many people are having continual problems from Covid .

Hi Sally, I know Fresh Market very well too.  I have one about 20 minutes away but the Publix I shop at is much

closer.  But I do like Fresh Market as well.

As for those long haulers? It seems this horrible disease has very, very long time after effects☹️.

Debbie,  I thought about you and the trial yesterday and wondered how it went. I laughed about your reaction to the nurse wanting to talk to you. Did Steve have any reaction to the first dose? 

Melody, your Christmas cactus is lovely especially it’s long history.

Kat, I hope your eye clears up. I’ve heard about those who continue to have all sorts of problems long after they thought they were over the virus. It’s so sad.

Lois, glad you found some good stuff at TJ’s. I’m going to look for that Everything Bagel Yogurt Dip. Hoping it will be good for dipping veggies into.  I’ve had the root vegetable “fries” and they good. I remember shopping at a Publix just before a cruise. It was across from our hotel and we bought wine and something for dinner when we saw what a nice selection of ready prepared foods they had. 

As for voting, it will be interesting to learn the voting percentage for this election. Should be quite high based on all the early voters.

Sharon