For all the naysayers and the others: Covid19 - Time to take a deep breath

Elusive_Cruiser

The past few weeks, about to be months, have been a very tremulous time for every one.

In every country.

I do not believe there will be a single individual on this continent that will not be directly affected by Covid19.  Hopefully... not health affected.  But, for certain financially affected.

This is a good time to sit back and:

(1) Count your blessings, if, financially, you can ride this out

(2) Count your blessings, if, health-wise, you have been unaffected

The best thing we can do is be cognizant of the ever changing requirements, as dictated by our governments.  They can only do as well as the science is giving them.  AND, the scientists are doing their best.  And, it is changing daily.

Please be kind to yourself, by protecting yourself in the way that you've been instructed.  Please be kind to your neighbours, by doing the same.  Please be kind to the people you know that may need your help... the elderly... the quarantined... the self-isolated.

This really is a time to reflect and come together.  Whether that means 'staying away' or reaching out.   

P.S.  Currently under gov't quarantine as the result of being on a cruise ship PRIOR to the outbreak, but hubby came home with a nasty 'dry' cough that will not go away.  

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Elusive_Cruiser said:

9 hours ago, Elusive_Cruiser said:

P.S.  Currently under gov't quarantine as the result of being on a cruise ship PRIOR to the outbreak, but hubby came home with a nasty 'dry' cough that will not go away.  

Wishing you good health and your DH a good recovery from his nasty dry cough.  If you were on the Summit or Silhouette in late February / Early March - there are dedicated threads relating to COVID-19 and confirmed positive cases, if you want more info.

Sharing something that I thought was a positive post to get you through this troubling time.

Thoughts.thumb.png.77ae1375e0c429ac045379b9e6c971eb.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

A great thread. I find myself getting worked up watching the stock market free, but in reality I’m in good health, still financially secure and safe. I have friends who own restaurants who are in trouble and friends who are waitstaff Who live paycheck to paycheck. So I keep them in my thoughts. So little we can do.  Will do an order to go and will tip heavily. Just a minor amount of what they need but something. 

back to puttering in the yard and trying to reorganize the garage(!) -  doing what I’ve put off and playing games w my wife. Enjoying yet being aware how lucky I am. 

den

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Denny01 said:

A great thread. I find myself getting worked up watching the stock market free, but in reality I’m in good health, still financially secure and safe. I have friends who own restaurants who are in trouble and friends who are waitstaff Who live paycheck to paycheck. So I keep them in my thoughts. So little we can do.  Will do an order to go and will tip heavily. Just a minor amount of what they need but something. 

back to puttering in the yard and trying to reorganize the garage(!) -  doing what I’ve put off and playing games w my wife. Enjoying yet being aware how lucky I am. 

den

That a lot of thing you can do Den.

Share your wealth.

On 3/18/2020 at 8:06 PM, Elusive_Cruiser said:

If you could, get yourself a few bottles of the Sambucus Black Elderberry (the more concentrated the better).   It supports your respiratory immune system.   Drink it for a week and any dry cough will go away.   Some people make it themselves but I just buy the Nature's Answer brand one with 12,000mg elderberry per serving.

On 3/19/2020 at 9:15 AM, Denny01 said:

den

Still frozen here...wish I could get into the garden as well.......games??

Games ......we play lots if cards such as Gin and Golf card game. . We play Sequence (or wild jacks) a fun board game. 

my wife makes jewelry and I’ve been doing Kumihimo a Japanese braiding. 

den

1 hour ago, lostchild said:

If you could, get yourself a few bottles of the Sambucus Black Elderberry (the more concentrated the better).   It supports your respiratory immune system.   Drink it for a week and any dry cough will go away.   Some people make it themselves but I just buy the Nature's Answer brand one with 12,000mg elderberry per serving.

Thanks for the info - seems to be a product in high demand at this time... almost $37 for 4 ozs😬

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Games ......we play lots if cards such as Gin and Golf card game. . We play Sequence (or wild jacks) a fun board game. 

den

OH....sounds like that'll use up some of your longggg days.

On 3/18/2020 at 11:06 PM, Elusive_Cruiser said:

If it's any consolation, I come home with that same dry cough on about 3/4 of our cruises......lasts about a month and just disappears on it's own.  I hope your husband has a similar cough and outcome..

2 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

If it's any consolation, I come home with that same dry cough on about 3/4 of our cruises......lasts about a month and just disappears on it's own.  I hope your husband has a similar cough and outcome..

Yes, it's the same for him - we think it's the flying.  We're at four weeks home today.  It is subsiding, but still there!  Just bad timing, as no one wants to be around him (except me, of course 😁)with what's going on, and you can't blame them.  AND, we still have not been contacted to be tested, so home we stay, for now.

On 3/19/2020 at 7:43 AM, hvbaskey said:

Wishing you good health and your DH a good recovery from his nasty dry cough.  If you were on the Summit or Silhouette in late February / Early March - there are dedicated threads relating to COVID-19 and confirmed positive cases, if you want more info.

Sharing something that I thought was a positive post to get you through this troubling time.

Thoughts.thumb.png.77ae1375e0c429ac045379b9e6c971eb.png

Very nice

- Joel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Denny01 said:

den

I would like to drink expensive scotch but my state (PA) has only state-run liquor stores and they closed them all this week.  😵 So we are playing but not drinking Gin and also a card game called Frustration with my wife.  And watching a lot of Nexflix and Prime.  What do you do with Kumihimo??

17 hours ago, ghstudio said:

ALWAYS end up with a dry cough after a cruise.