Cruise Critic Community
Keith1010

Live Views - Crystal Serenity - Fremantle, Australia

These might be some of the last live views from Crystal Serenity after she leaves Fremantle and repositions to Piraeus/Athens.

We were last in Fremantle last year as part of World Cruise 2019.  Never would have guessed last year or as recently as a few weeks ago that Serenity

would return fo ratios unplanned visit.

Keith

1303164954_ScreenShot2020-03-19at2_25_44AM.thumb.jpeg.457539468f2c2c0fe72eaff1f159beea.jpeg

100585169_ScreenShot2020-03-19at2_33_45AM.thumb.jpeg.685bb24f8d642e9b1e8a806118277756.jpeg

1659278342_ScreenShot2020-03-19at2_35_19AM.thumb.jpeg.900bb6e26ffe99146da693eeae2df8c0.jpeg

Noticed this am - had heard 1 report about Australia not allowing any cruise ships so I worried but glad to see docked.

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

These might be some of the last live views from Crystal Serenity after she leaves Fremantle and repositions to Piraeus/Athens.

We were last in Fremantle last year as part of World Cruise 2019.  Never would have guessed last year or as recently as a few weeks ago that Serenity

would return fo ratios unplanned visit.

Keith

1303164954_ScreenShot2020-03-19at2_25_44AM.thumb.jpeg.457539468f2c2c0fe72eaff1f159beea.jpeg

100585169_ScreenShot2020-03-19at2_33_45AM.thumb.jpeg.685bb24f8d642e9b1e8a806118277756.jpeg

1659278342_ScreenShot2020-03-19at2_35_19AM.thumb.jpeg.900bb6e26ffe99146da693eeae2df8c0.jpeg

"...last live views..." Ever? Or for now? Do you know something the rest of us don't know?

Wishing all the passengers and crew making their way home a safe and stressless trip. (Got the red line under stressless. Have I invented a new word?)😎😍

Patty

2 hours ago, suzeluvscruz said:

"...last live views..." Ever? Or for now? Do you know something the rest of us don't know?

Yep!

Might be last views until she repositions to Athens.

Keith

I think cruise ship arrivals are banned but Serenity arrived 3 March.  There will be several more ships already in Australia ending their voyages in Fremantle.

Pacific Princess may be the last.

Roy

Roy, thankfully Serenity was in Australian waters when it was.  Amazing that Fremantle turned out to be the unplanned ending for various cruises including World Cruises for Regent and Crystal and I guess one of the Cunard World Cruises.  I didn't look closely at the Seabourn photo to see if that is their ship for their World Cruise.

Keith

5 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Roy, thankfully Serenity was in Australian waters when it was.  Amazing that Fremantle turned out to be the unplanned ending for various cruises including World Cruises for Regent and Crystal and I guess one of the Cunard World Cruises.  I didn't look closely at the Seabourn photo to see if that is their ship for their World Cruise.

Keith

It was the Sojourn and I believe it was. Apparently another ship is coming in at 9:00 PM this evening, which is why Serenity will be anchored out in the bay overnight before they leave. Of course, with all the cancellations announced this morning, who knows where they are headed now! Maybe they should just take both ships to Meyer-Werftt and park them there until things resume somewhere down the road!

19 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I think cruise ship arrivals are banned but Serenity arrived 3 March.  There will be several more ships already in Australia ending their voyages in Fremantle.

Pacific Princess may be the last.

Roy

Roy,

I was sad to see your blog post from Sydney, where you mentioned how tired you were. I hope soon you will be home, safe and sound in your own bed. We, your fans, will wait patiently for your return to your usual self. Be well! Or, as I used to tell my friend in Australia, and she told me, shluff gesundt.

—May B Muriel

A Princess ship terminated it's cruise in Sydney yesterday and all 2700 passengers were allowed to disembark even though many were showing flu like symptoms. They did Corona Virus test on 13 people and so far 4 have come back as being positive. These people are now at large in and around Sydney. I just can not understand how this was allowed to occur. You can't even get into this country with an apple without it being quarantined and 2700 people on a cruise ship with Corona cases are now roaming around all over Sydney and with some on flights back to their home countries!!  

Great news (not). All those “pure” WCers who have to get on planes to go home from Sydney now these people to muck it all up. This is unconscionable. Not to mention spreading it all over Sydney!

2 hours ago, ClefsDor said:

A Princess ship terminated it's cruise in Sydney yesterday and all 2700 passengers were allowed to disembark even though many were showing flu like symptoms. They did Corona Virus test on 13 people and so far 4 have come back as being positive. These people are now at large in and around Sydney. I just can not understand how this was allowed to occur. You can't even get into this country with an apple without it being quarantined and 2700 people on a cruise ship with Corona cases are now roaming around all over Sydney and with some on flights back to their home countries!!  

This is unconscionable!

13 hours ago, suzeluvscruz said:

Great news (not). All those “pure” WCers who have to get on planes to go home from Sydney now these people to muck it all up. This is unconscionable. Not to mention spreading it all over Sydney!

Saw this in the SMH in the Business Class lounge in Brisbane on our way to Sydney this afternoon. Thought to myself, "Really?? After all the BS they put us through in every port after Sydney even though we had been away from anywhere that had this damned virus for almost six weeks??" This actually happened Thursday, so I suspect most of them will have hightailed it out of Sydney by now before the health authorities could catch up to them! Still, it does give a little urgency to that "recommended" 14 day self isolation when we get home tomorrow afternoon!

I heard from my daughter yesterday who lives in Sydney and she told me about this.

I am shocked they let this happen as strict as I have found Australia over the years about things such as food.  Just crazy.

I just checked the live views from Serenity and she is "Out To Sea".

Keith

112044810_ScreenShot2020-03-21at9_12_18AM.thumb.jpeg.a4a39ee1cf34eca7fbdc7cbf7a7725f0.jpeg

Posted (edited)

There's something very sad about that picture of Serenity "Out to Sea."  Uncharted waters and all.

Bill

Edited by CabinBoy2020

Serenity is on its way to land; either Singapore or Malaysia.  Looks like she will be close to Symphony.

This is a brighter look which I just viewed on the Crystal Cruises site.

Keith

2030503719_ScreenShot2020-03-23at3_03_53AM.thumb.jpeg.60671a35a8c0ea35798ab6699898d2b2.jpeg

Looks like a nice day at sea as Crystal Serenity and the many crew on-board sail towards Singapore.  

Looking forward to returning to Serenity when we get this Pandemic behind us around the world.

Keith

492582527_ScreenShot2020-03-26at3_32_50AM.thumb.jpeg.1bace088cc496fcdc505980bcbccc351.jpeg

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Looks like a nice day at sea as Crystal Serenity and the many crew on-board sail towards Singapore.  

Looking forward to returning to Serenity when we get this Pandemic behind us around the world.

Keith

492582527_ScreenShot2020-03-26at3_32_50AM.thumb.jpeg.1bace088cc496fcdc505980bcbccc351.jpeg

I am curious where you got the information they are headed to Singapore. When we left the ship on Friday they were still heading for Athens for whenever the Europe season finally gets off the ground.

1 minute ago, Roland4 said:

I am curious where you got the information they are headed to Singapore. When we left the ship on Friday they were still heading for Athens for whenever the Europe season finally gets off the ground.

From a few people on board right now, Larry.

Keith

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

From a few people on board right now, Larry.

Keith

Interesting. Going to Singapore doesn't seem to make much sense, unless they are heading to the same shipyard Symphony is in to get some work done during this unscheduled gap in service. Ours is not to reason why...........🙂

1 minute ago, Roland4 said:

Interesting. Going to Singapore doesn't seem to make much sense, unless they are heading to the same shipyard Symphony is in to get some work done during this unscheduled gap in service. Ours is not to reason why...........🙂

Does Genting have docks that they own in Singapore? Might be cheaper to keep her there for the time being. Just throwing that out there! 😏

Patty

2 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Does Genting have docks that they own in Singapore? Might be cheaper to keep her there for the time being. Just throwing that out there! 😏

Patty

Don't actually know, but they may. The thing that doesn't make a lot of sense otherwise is that theoretically, Serenity needs to be in the Med in late-May to re-start operations. If anyone believes things will be back to something approaching normal by then, of course. If they were going to park her somewhere, the Meyer-Werft yards would make more sense. Oh well, I am sure they have their reasons, but at least it gives us something new to speculate about!🙂

IIRC, Genting has a good relationship with the Sembcorp shipyard in Singapore from operating ships in the region for so long, but I don't think they hold a stake in anywhere they could dock the ship in Singapore.  It could well be less expensive to dock the ship in Singapore than in Europe for the time being though, or give it access to more services or some other use.  

From where I sit, which is in a VERY different place than where Crystal sits, I feel like the summer Europe season is getting further out of focus every few days.  Not that it can't happen, but it's getting less and less clear to me what it would look like if it did proceed.  A lot can happen between now and then though. 

This is complete speculation, but Crystal may just be holding off sending the ship all the way to Europe until they get a little clearer picture of what the summer might look like.  I think they have more time than they did when they originally talked about Piraeus -- a restart in May is looking less likely than it did even days ago...  [With the caveat that the lens that I'm looking through is different than a cruise line's.]

Vince