Anyone use the "Change Sail Date" CWC option?

Hllb

I've mostly seen discussions of future cruise credits, but the program also lists a change sail date option.  Does anyone have info on that?  Is it better than a FCC, or the same thing?  I was wondering if that option would allow you to select a different sailing but keep your incentives, etc, or lock in the same price, etc. If it does, I would assume it would need to be the same itinerary?

I believe the change sail date provision would be like doing that outside of the penalty period.  You can change the ship and sail date (not restricted to same itinerary) at the current pricing and promotion available at the time of the change.

Perks and price would not be retained.  Only exception would be the OBC bonus for booking onboard and that would be adjusted for the new cruise length and accommodation.   Of course any perks from a TA would be renegotiated as well.  Some TAs may also charge a change fee (but they wouldn't be my TA!).

Prices for upcoming cruises seem pretty high to me and I believe with the global impact to cruising and the economy in general.   My opinion is that unless there is a future cruise at a price you are comfortable with and know you would take that I would outright cancel before final payment even if you had to take a hit for NRD.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Prices for upcoming cruises seem pretty high to me and I believe with the global impact to cruising and the economy in general.   My opinion is that unless there is a future cruise at a price you are comfortable with and know you would take that I would outright cancel before final payment even if you had to take a hit for NRD.

Not worried about the NRD hit, but still holding out hope that mid-July cruise could take place.  

I talked to an agent at my big, online TA the other day about our May 18 cruise out of Dublin.  My specific question was can we roll this over to a similar cruise next year and keep our perks etc?  The answer was NO. You can cancel or you can go.  You cannot retain your perks or pricing. Soooooo, I am waiting for May 10 to tell them to cancel and give me the FCC unless Celebrity cancels before then and I can get cash back.  We alos have a July 3 Alaska cruise out of Vancouver that is at risk with Canada ports closed until at least July 1. Final payment onj that one is April 1 so we are waiting until then to cancel just in case they cancel it for us.

I have a May 2 which is past final payment and if I had to predict today will be cancelled.  If it's not I'll probably take the CWC offer a few days before sailing.   I also have a Sept 4 sailing which if things are not wildly better by final payment I will cancel and take the NRD hit.  My thoughts are that if things were to get better there would be some much better deals available last minute to get cruising going again and I could just rebook.

• Like 1