What do you get with a Haven Spa Suite

Lisafourty

Just booked a spa suite in the Haven on NCL's Breakaway.   Can someone tell me what comes with this?  Do we have a butler, and what does he do?  Does he work 24/7?  How is the hot tub in the room, can you open the doors all the way to feel like your outside?

The far better place for your question would be the NCL board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/64-norwegian-cruise-line/

There is also a bunch of info on the NCL website, here:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations

You could also Google search, and get pictures and videos, reviews, all sorts of info.

You have a butler and there is a pool of butlers working different shifts so a butler is available 24x7 to deliver whatever room service you want.  Butlers mainly deliver room service including food and cocktails.  The spa tub in the room is small but works OK - not a great one but not bad just average. It comes with bath salts.  It is up against a picture window.  There is 1 door  to the balcony next to it.  You. would have to block it open, not sure it would feel like being outside as there is a glass surround on each end of the tub.  The shower is large - plenty of room for 2 normal size people.  You have a coffee/tea maker, access to the thermal suite, access to The Haven, The Haven Bar, The Haven restaurant (we always eat breakfast and lunch there unless we are onshore.).  You will have flowers in the suite when you board as well as fruit and some sparkling wine.  There is a wine opener in the room as well as wine glasses, champagne glasses, cocktail glasses,  plates and cutlery.  You can get different types of pillows - I asked the room steward and received 2 foam pillows and a lighter blanket as the comforter was too heavy and hot for us.   You will get upgraded Bulgari amenities.  Some spa rooms have a table and chairs, other have a small sofa and coffee table.  Having had both, I think I prefer the table and chairs. Each day your butler will bring canapés to your cabin in the late afternoon.  We got stuff like chocolate covered strawberries, tea sandwiches, cookies and other types of canapés.   It was our anniversary cruise, so they surprised us with decorations and a cake.  Here's a video tour of The Haven Spa Suite: 

2 hours ago, Lisafourty said:

Just booked a spa suite in the Haven on NCL's Breakaway.   Can someone tell me what comes with this?  Do we have a butler, and what does he do?  Does he work 24/7?  How is the hot tub in the room, can you open the doors all the way to feel like your outside?

@Lisafourty

Howdy! emo22.gif

Thank you for your post on the Ask a Cruise Question forum that is for general questions about cruising. 👍 

Since your thread concerns a specific cruise line & ship, to help you out I have moved your thread to the Norwegian Cruise Line forum where it will be on-topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed on Breakaway frequent that forum and will be glad to provide feedback there. 

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

1 hour ago, Host Kat said:

@Lisafourty

Howdy! emo22.gif

Thank you for your post on the Ask a Cruise Question forum that is for general questions about cruising. 👍 

Since your thread concerns a specific cruise line & ship, to help you out I have moved your thread to the Norwegian Cruise Line forum where it will be on-topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed on Breakaway frequent that forum and will be glad to provide feedback there. 

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Lisafourty said:

Thank you

You are most welcome! emo3.gif 

Glad to be of service,

Host Kat emo32.gif

3 hours ago, SuiteTraveler said:

You have a butler and there is a pool of butlers working different shifts so a butler is available 24x7 to deliver whatever room service you want.  Butlers mainly deliver room service including food and cocktails.  The spa tub in the room is small but works OK - not a great one but not bad just average. It comes with bath salts.  It is up against a picture window.  There is 1 door  to the balcony next to it.  You. would have to block it open, not sure it would feel like being outside as there is a glass surround on each end of the tub.  The shower is large - plenty of room for 2 normal size people.  You have a coffee/tea maker, access to the thermal suite, access to The Haven, The Haven Bar, The Haven restaurant (we always eat breakfast and lunch there unless we are onshore.).  You will have flowers in the suite when you board as well as fruit and some sparkling wine.  There is a wine opener in the room as well as wine glasses, champagne glasses, cocktail glasses,  plates and cutlery.  You can get different types of pillows - I asked the room steward and received 2 foam pillows and a lighter blanket as the comforter was too heavy and hot for us.   You will get upgraded Bulgari amenities.  Some spa rooms have a table and chairs, other have a small sofa and coffee table.  Having had both, I think I prefer the table and chairs. Each day your butler will bring canapés to your cabin in the late afternoon.  We got stuff like chocolate covered strawberries, tea sandwiches, cookies and other types of canapés.   It was our anniversary cruise, so they surprised us with decorations and a cake.  Here's a video tour of The Haven Spa Suite: 

Thank you so much for the tour.  We are on the 14th deck in May.  Hopefully we will be able to go and and not get cancelled.  Do you have to pay for the cocktails and champagne if you have the drink package?  Also can you take your champagne and drinks into the spa?

1 hour ago, Lisafourty said:

Do you have to pay for the cocktails and champagne if you have the drink package? 

Yes.

You will get a bottle of sparkling wine in your stateroom on embarkation day but other alcoholic drinks delivered to you will be charged even if you have a drink package.

Thank you so much for the tour.  We are on the 14th deck in May.  Hopefully we will be able to go and and not get cancelled.  Do you have to pay for the cocktails and champagne if you have the drink package?  Also can you take your champagne and drinks into the spa?

You can't take drinks into the SPA (obviously you can have then in your in room tub). There are various waters and teas available. 

Also, you have nice Haven robes in your room. Use those instead of the SPA robes. 

Edited by fastpitchdad

For most drinks, they are included in the basic package - I believe up to $15.   We paid nothing extra on our last cruise. We had to get our drinks one at a time - we used The  Haven bar.  If you order through your butler, you have to pay for drinks, though.  We found it easy to go upstairs to the Haven bar instead.  As far as drinks in the spa, alcohol and saunas and steam rooms are unsafe to use together.  In the case of just one drink it can cause fainting or dehydration leading to a severe headache.  If you have more, it could even cause a heart attack or stroke.  Kind of defeats the purpose of the spa.  https://www.sauna-talk.com/sauna-and-alcohol.html  And it is an equally. bad idea to drink alcohol in a hot tub:  https://www.thermospas.com/blog/is-it-safe-to-drink-alcohol-in-a-hot-tub/ Go enjoy the spa,  then get showered and dressed and go to a bar afterwards instead.  That's the etiquette at most on-land spa resorts.