SS Norway

mkcurran

These posts and pics being posted are absolutely amazing.   I am still kicking myself, as an ocean liner buff, that I never sailed on her when i had the chance.   Before you knew it, she was gone.    Keep the pics and memories coming ... I'm loving seeing and reading them!!

My wife and I were on the Norway in 1994 with a family group. It was our second cruise. It just so happens there were some former Green Bay Packers on that cruise. The pictures show a couple of us posing with Fuzzy Thurston and Jerry Kramer. We've been on a lot of cruises since, but that one holds a special place for us. Everything seemed a little more special back then.

SS Norway002.jpg

SS Norway003.jpg

• 3 years later...

Just watched our wedding video .... 21st anniversary. So many wonderful memories of S/S Norway. We always watch a DVD someone made us with an entire section devoted to the ship. So with I could find a door number to purchase.

• Like 1

Love these old threads! 🥰 I only ever got to tour NORWAY when I was a travel agent. Back then it was self-guided, and I had complete free-roaming access of all her public spaces and staterooms/suites - touring an empty ship… so amazing! I still have all sorts of post cards, flyers, brochures, etc. and not sure why I even kept them. 

Here are a few pictures from my private collection, sorry for the quality I don’t have a scanner. 

IMG_9154.jpeg

IMG_9155.jpeg

IMG_9153.jpeg

IMG_9157.jpeg

IMG_9152.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

Love these old threads! 🥰 I only ever got to tour NORWAY when I was a travel agent. Back then it was self-guided, and I had complete free-roaming access of all her public spaces and staterooms/suites - touring an empty ship… so amazing! I still have all sorts of post cards, flyers, brochures, etc. and not sure why I even kept them. 

Here are a few pictures from my private collection, sorry for the quality I don’t have a scanner. 

IMG_9154.jpeg

IMG_9155.jpeg

IMG_9153.jpeg

IMG_9157.jpeg

IMG_9152.jpeg

Do you know what year those pictures are from?  Looks like maybe late 80’s to mid 90’s

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Do you know what year those pictures are from?  Looks like maybe late 80’s to mid 90’s

Unfortunately, like most of my pictures not in albums - these are just loose in a folder - they’re not dated. Just random scribble or nothing on the backsides. I have drawers full of old cruise stuff I’ve been dragging around for decades. 

On 3/21/2020 at 7:16 PM, mamashamiller said:

F54AA803-54E5-4A0B-9F12-7393E8152B63.jpeg

A45C5460-835D-4E5E-8C78-2CCBDC11BF1C.jpeg

CF17E3D1-38D4-40E9-8F59-D3EDEA09F094.jpeg

466EC1FE-CE8A-475F-8926-400518F72F56.jpeg

Looking at the Cruise Director Denny Anderson, I had the Privlage to work with him on the Norwegian Sea back in 2005 I believe. I was on the cruise directors staff during i belive my second contract. Would have loved to work onboard the Norway.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Like others, love this tread and the pics. We sailed on the Norway in 2000, I believe...porthole cabin on the lowest deck...secret stairwell up to dining room entrance, dancing at Club International, sunsets on the promenade...a real ship.  

Edited by VUCruiser