Cruise Critic Community

Hi all. I received the email from royal today with my future cruise credit info, and a question. I called my travel agent but my guess is I won't hear back for a few days. The sailing was supposes to leave 3/14 and I canceled before they shut down everything, but after they released the cruise with confidence thing. 

My cruise total for the two of us was $3776 including taxes and fees. My fcc I received today was totaling $3090. Any idea what the difference of $686 is? I was under the impression I would get the full amount as a fcc? Or am I missing something? 

taxes and fees, gratuities, and anything else you purchased will come back to your credit card.   Insurance is non-refundable, but there has been talk of being able to transfer some insurance policies to future bookings.

Taxes and fees are only about $170 and we didn't prepay gratuity or anything else so it's a difference of about $500. Travel agent called back and said they weren't sure either so they were going to reach out to royal and get back to me on Monday. Sigh. 

Posted (edited)

We received our FCC and its less than booked price. Our cruise was over 7k and we received 5.2k. Called and best I can tell ( language difficulty) they will be another FCC coming this week. Like most port and taxes were only $225 total .. we should be getting 2K more. 

Edited by Tulsacoker

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

We received our FCC and its less than booked price. Our cruise was over 7k and we received 5.2k. Called and best I can tell ( language difficulty) they will be another FCC coming this week. 

...minus taxes, port charges and anything else you purchased in your CP. That will be credited back to your CC. 

Edited by davekathy

Just now, davekathy said:

...minus taxes, port charges and anything else you purchased in your CP. 

good to know but the 7.2K was just the cruise (including taxes and port fees which equaled $225 for both) no CP or pre-purchased drinks or gratuities 

6 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

We received our FCC and its less than booked price. Our cruise was over 7k and we received 5.2k. Called and best I can tell ( language difficulty) they will be another FCC coming this week. Like most port and taxes were only $225 total .. we should be getting 2K more. 

Leave it to Royal to do something to drive even more phone calls and confusion 🤦‍♂️we'll see if that actually happens

I'm not expecting anything but the gentlemen on the line seemed to think I would be getting a second FCC. He could not explain why it didnt come at one time

We got our FCC today too.  The FCC is in the amount that we expected, 75% of our cruise fare.  We have yet to see any refunds to our credit card for taxes/fees, excursions, Voom, drink packages and 25% of our cruise fare.  Our sailing wasn't until May and we were in 75% penalty, so we are supposed to get 25% back to our credit card.  We knew we would lose our insurance.

We are still waiting on the airlines to extend their dates for credits and refunds.  We were flying on May 1st and the airline is only giving refund or credit for flights through April 30th. 😞 

Why 75%? were you not inside the cruise with confidence and the 48hr cancel with 100% FCC?

8 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Why 75%? were you not inside the cruise with confidence and the 48hr cancel with 100% FCC?

My cruise was in May, so not in 100% penalty yet, was in 75% penalty.  I will get 25% refunded to my credit card and 75% FCC.  Only have the FCC as of now.

Anyone else receive there's and get the entire amount minus the taxes or? 

3 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

I'm not expecting anything but the gentlemen on the line seemed to think I would be getting a second FCC. He could not explain why it didnt come at one time

Guess could be. I only sail Solo, in the past 4yrs canceled 5-6 Cruises and refund always came in 2-3 separate amounts

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

My cruise was in May, so not in 100% penalty yet, was in 75% penalty.  I will get 25% refunded to my credit card and 75% FCC.  Only have the FCC as of now.

Unfortunately when large amount people are due to receive refunds in past takes at least twice long as normal if not longer. Now even worse, hard to tell

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I may be wrong, but I think you are misinformed.  From what I understand, if you have a cruise up to a certain date, you can cancel and get taxes/port charges sent back to you with 100% FCC.  If you cancel expecting the 25% refund, that's it -- no FCC.  If Royal cancels your cruise, you have the choice of 100% refund or 125% FCC, with taxes/port charges refunded.

That's my understand and what my TA has told me as I have a cruise that leaves 18 April and asked her that question, i.e. can I get 25% cash and the rest OBC -- I was told NO.  I can cancel that cruise and only get 100% FCC, but I am holding out to 48 hours prior in hopes Royal cancels so I can get the entire 100% refund or the 125% FCC should I choose.  🍷

1 minute ago, Wine-O said:

I may be wrong, but I think you are misinformed.  From what I understand, if you have a cruise up to a certain date, you can cancel and get taxes/port charges sent back to you with 100% FCC.  If you cancel expecting the 25% refund, that's it -- no FCC.  If Royal cancels your cruise, you have the choice of 100% refund or 125% FCC, with taxes/port charges refunded.

That's my understand and what my TA has told me as I have a cruise that leaves 18 April and asked her that question, i.e. can I get 25% cash and the rest OBC -- I was told NO.  I can cancel that cruise and only get 100% FCC, but I am holding out to 48 hours prior in hopes Royal cancels so I can get the entire 100% refund or the 125% FCC should I choose.  🍷

We were issued a 75% FCC today, my DH and I each received them in our emails today, I am not wrong.  I confirmed every number with the rep prior to hanging up.  Have read posts on FB that FCC are coming prior to refunds for those who cancelled in the timeframe I did for cruises after the 30 day announced shutdown period.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We were issued a 75% FCC today, my DH and I each received them in our emails today, I am not wrong.  I confirmed every number with the rep prior to hanging up.  Have read posts on FB that FCC are coming prior to refunds for those who cancelled in the timeframe I did for cruises after the 30 day announced shutdown period.

That's not what I was told when I started to cancel.  Was your rep a TA or a RCL person?   Maybe your circumstances were different from mine.   🍷

Edited by Wine-O

4 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

That's not what I was told when I started to cancel.  Was your rep a TA or a RCL person?   Maybe your circumstances were different from mine.   🍷

I called C&A, I had booked directly, no TA.  I cancelled when they were still trying to figure out what they were doing and changing policy daily.  You might have called after.

Has anyone fallen into my situation yet where they didn't get the full amount of fcc expected?? 

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I called C&A, I had booked directly, no TA.  I cancelled when they were still trying to figure out what they were doing and changing policy daily.  You might have called after.

Yes, I'm sure your situation is different -- I just called on my issue a couple of days ago. 

I'm hanging on in hopes Royal cancels my cruise since the new International Travel ban and the fact that Australia is not letting in foreign nationals at this time with the 14-day quarantine.  I could cancel now for 100% FCC, but I'm waiting for the full refund. 🍷

Anyone else get their fcc within the last day or two? Correct amount or less? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, colesc15 said:

Anyone else get their fcc within the last day or two? Correct amount or less? 

OK update, I received a refund on my CC for the difference between the FCC and cruise fare. I was under the impression I would get 100% of the cruise fare as FCC (minus Port fees and taxes) but looks like I got 75% FCC and 25% refund. Our cruise was  April 12th and I cancelled inside the new cruise with confidence program 

Edited by Tulsacoker

1 minute ago, Tulsacoker said:

OK update, I received a refund on my CC for the difference between the FCC and cruise fare. I was under the impression I would get 100% of the cruise fare as FCC (minus Port fees and taxes) but looks like I got 75% FCC and 25% refund. Our cruise was  April 12th and I cancelled inside the new cruise with confidence program 

When did you cancel. They changed policy around March 10.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When did you cancel. They changed policy around March 10.

about two days after they announced 48 hr cruise cancellation. I'm thinking I canceled on March 7th