Urgent - Ruby Princess 3 people infected - Urgent Tracking of Passengers

I have lost count of the Ruby casualty lists, what is it now?  15 dead, 600 confirmed cases and 200 odd sick crew still on board? 

Our friends down here confirmed positive  who disembarked Ruby on 19 March, I mentioned them before, decided to stay quarantined at home for 3 weeks not 2, have had another test a couple of days ago, now clear and have a doctors certificate to prove it. His words to me today were 'I am off to Dan Murphys and Bunnings.🤩'

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I have lost count of the Ruby casualty lists, what is it now?  15 dead, 600 confirmed cases and 200 odd sick crew still on board? 

Our friends down here confirmed positive  who disembarked Ruby on 19 March, I mentioned them before, decided to stay quarantined at home for 3 weeks not 2, have had another test a coule of days ago, now clear and have a doctors certificate to prove it. His words to me today were 'I am off to Dan Murphys and Bunnings.🤩

A man has died today in Victoria. They said he picked it up in the Barossa Valley which I seem to recall was the location where a group of overseas (US) tourists repaired to after the Ruby Princess cruise.

This is what I heard this morning on the radio. I can't find anything on-line to confirm this right now but I'll change or delete these details if any of them prove to be incorrect.

8 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

A man has died today in Victoria. They said he picked it up in the Barossa Valley which I seem to recall was the location where a group of overseas (US) tourists repaired to after the Ruby Princess cruise.

This is what I heard this morning on the radio. I can't find anything on-line to confirm this right now but I'll change or delete these details if any of them prove to be incorrect.

There was a death here in SA from the same Barossa Hub. I'm not sure though that the US passengers were from Ruby.  I don't think the dates work but must admit I haven't researched that properly. 

10 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Yes the US travellers in the Barossa Valley visited a few cellar doors and stayed on a wine estate, cannot recollect which one.  They were not from the Ruby but on an independent tour.

Edited by NSWP

20 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Our friends down here confirmed positive  who disembarked Ruby on 19 March, I mentioned them before, decided to stay quarantined at home for 3 weeks not 2, have had another test a couple of days ago, now clear and have a doctors certificate to prove it. His words to me today were 'I am off to Dan Murphys and Bunnings.🤩'

Glad to hear your friends are well. 😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pushka said:

There was a death here in SA from the same Barossa Hub. I'm not sure though that the US passengers were from Ruby.  I don't think the dates work but must admit I haven't researched that properly. 

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes the US travellers in the Barossa Valley visited a few cellar doors and stayed on a wine estate, cannot recollect which one.  They were not from the Ruby but on an independent tour.

Thanks to you both for the clarification. It's getting hard to keep track of it all.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pushka said:

You are correct. The American tourists who tested positive while in the Barossa Valley had nothing to do with the Ruby. It was stated that had been in Australia for two weeks and that they "toured the Eastern States".

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

A bit melodramatic don't you think?

NSW Police seize Ruby Princess's 'black box' in overnight raid for coronavirus investigation

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-09/nsw-police-seize-black-box-in-ruby-princess-coronavirus-probe/12135832

Just to get the attention of the public away from the stuff up of NSW Health, Border Force and the Port Authority. Find a scapegoat. Drag it out, enlist the press to make sensational headlines. Months later nothing will eventuate.

All this has done has made me lose confidence and respect in the police force for good. I no longer respect them or see them as a trustworthy arm of law enforcement. 

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

A bit melodramatic don't you think?

NSW Police seize Ruby Princess's 'black box' in overnight raid for coronavirus investigation

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-09/nsw-police-seize-black-box-in-ruby-princess-coronavirus-probe/12135832

Yes. That is the media for you😁.  Apparently the police went to the ship at 7pm by pre-arrangement and saw the captain. The 'black box' they refer to is apparently a recording of conversations on the Bridge.

Just now, DiamondFour said:

Just to get the attention of the public away from the stuff up of NSW Health, Border Force and the Port Authority. Find a scapegoat. Drag it out, enlist the press to make sensational headlines. Months later nothing will eventuate.

All this has done has made me lose confidence and respect in the police force for good. I no longer respect them or see them as a trustworthy arm of law enforcement. 

I don't think they have to 'enlist the press'. 😁The media is all over this. It makes good headlines and makes our friend Rod happy.

I wouldn't blame the police. These are people just doing their job. It is the politicians who turn things around to their advantage.

What I want to know is why the media was there in the first place. Surely the handover of the black box could have been done discreetly. I imagine the wharf where the ship is docked is out of bounds so the media must have had special permission to be there. Grandstanding, what?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

What I want to know is why the media was there in the first place. Surely the handover of the black box could have been done discreetly. I imagine the wharf where the ship is docked is out of bounds so the media must have had special permission to be there. Grandstanding, what?

Very good point. 

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It all adds to the smoke and mirrors of the cover up operation the NSW police force are undertaking.

19 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I wouldn't blame the police. These are people just doing their job. It is the politicians who turn things around to their advantage.

I don't see how their job was to target, or to forcibly evict the cruiselines.

That said, I don't blame or generalise that all the police made that decision either.

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Often, they get informed by the police when things are going to happen. Otherwise there was a leak... but then it's usually not to a whole bunch of outlets.

On the Channel 9 news they just said that the Police have declared the Ruby Princess a 'crime scene'.

Then they said that there were 140 ill people on board the ship when it docked, but they were still allowed to disembark. Apparently they don't know that there are ill people on virtually every cruise and yes, they are allowed to disembark.

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

On the Channel 9 news they just said that the Police have declared the Ruby Princess a 'crime scene'.

Then they said that there were 140 ill people on board the ship when it docked, but they were still allowed to disembark. Apparently they don't know that there are ill people on virtually every cruise and yes, they are allowed to disembark.

Capt and dr allowed that to happen

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We have sometimes been ill on a cruise and we have been allowed to disembark. Of course we didn't have COVID, but no-one the ship knew these people, or some of them, had COVID. I don't think it is reasonable to criticize the ship for allowing ill people to disembark when the ship had been cleared.

17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

So your take is it is the Captain and Doctors fault?  They are the ones that get to decide if passengers should disembark? 

It is the Port Authority that allow people off the ship, not the ship's captain or medical Doctor.

Secondly, it was Border Force and the NSW health officials that interferred with the process, and could have stopped people from disembarkation.

I just cannot understand why anyone would think it was the ship's decision.