Urgent - Ruby Princess 3 people infected - Urgent Tracking of Passengers

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Lady in her 70s, with the virus, off the Ruby Princess, has died. Ā She was taken to hospital off the ship. Ā 

ABC News

Ā 

My sympathy to the lady's family. Ā Sad day for Australia with the number of infected people increasingĀ 

Ā 

1.2 billion investment in Queensland hospitals to be made by Queensland Government.

Ā 

ABC News

I like your Premier, she has guts and speaks on a positive note.

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I like your Premier, she has guts and speaks on a positive note.

I like our Premier also. Ā I used to work with her father when he wasĀ Minister for Primary Industries, in a Labor Government. Ā As mostĀ People would know, Labor's top policies aren't primary industries. Ā Yet he outperformed many former ConservativeĀ Primary Industries Ministers. Ā He was genuinely interested in the country people. Ā He was a Brisbane City Minister, whoĀ looked comfortable mixing with country people at the Brisbane Ekka. Ā I would say our Premier learnt her caring people skills from her father. Ā 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vader1111 said:

There is nothing to suggest that "flattening the curve" or "social distancing" has had any impact on infection rates so far.Ā  Hopefully, the measures which came into force yesterday will start to make an impact in the next few day

I agree -Ā people donā€™t seem to beĀ practicing those things required to actually ā€œflatten the curveā€ !!

We are still infecting each other?? Sad times, personal lock downs needed perhaps .....

Ā 

Edited by Porky55

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I was just browsing Princess forum and came across this thread;

Ā 

Folks are still planning to cruise in the next few months. Isn't anyone telling them NO!! Don't do it!!

It's an eye opener just how much up a river in Egypt people are. The cruise line industry is cactus for 6 months.Ā 
Ā 

And Vancouver has closed its borders. And Alaska requires 14 days isolation on entry. But hey ho, which cabin is best!

Edited by Pushka

6 hours ago, lyndarra said:

We know that but nobody's told the Americans.

Ā 

There's a whole bunch of followers of a certain president who are upset about any action that's been taken and its impact to the economy (or their share prices). So he rambled another tweetstorm last night saying he may well get rid of those restrictions in another week (though I think his advisers will prevent that entirely).

US Election. All they need to do is keep Biden alive and it's a shoe in. I don't follow US politics, I don't like any of them. And they are all in the high risk age group.Ā 
Ā 

I think Scott Morrison is doing as good a job as anyone could. If only he could get rid of some state Premiers. Although our Premier seems to be on top of it although we haven't exploded so much in SA except for 10 damn USA tourists. Once we shut down completely, if we did it now, it would be for 6 months. Drip feed is the only way.Ā 

Edited by Pushka

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

He seems to be more about the economy than about the health of the nation but then I am not surprised, we have one here as well.

ScoMo said last night "Every one who has a job has their work deemed as essential".

Ā 

Yes, I noticed that resemblance as well - and that remark also stuck.

Ā 

Apparently they're essential - til they lose their job and are in the Centrelink queue, including those new groups he added yesterday that were being shut down. But he is a marketing man, which means they redefine words as they wish to.

Mark Outram head of Border Force has just given a presser on what happened on Ruby Princess he was very blunt and very detailed. There is a transcript of it on just scroll down to around 1045am

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/25/coronavirus-updates-live-australia-shutdown-nsw-victoria-queensland-qld-tasmania-covid19-cases-social-distancing-pm-scott-morrison-latest-update

4 hours ago, Pushka said:

US Election. All they need to do is keep Biden alive and it's a shoe in. I don't follow US politics, I don't like any of them. And they are all in the high risk age group.Ā 
Ā 

I think Scott Morrison is doing as good a job as anyone could. If only he could get rid of some state Premiers. Although our Premier seems to be on top of it although we haven't exploded so much in SA except for 10 damn USA tourists. Once we shut down completely, if we did it now, it would be for 6 months. Drip feed is the only way.Ā 

What is wrong with the State Premiers? Ā I think they are all doing a brilliant job, in the circumstances. Ā Looks like StageĀ 3 is coming sooner rather than later, with the two states with the most infected people moving further quicker. Ā I think our Qld. Premier is doing a great job.

15 hours ago, Pushka said:

It's an eye opener just how much up a river in Egypt people are. The cruise line industry is cactus for 6 months.Ā 
Ā 

And Vancouver has closed its borders. And Alaska requires 14 days isolation on entry. But hey ho, which cabin is best!

They must be cruisers from another planet with oversize blinkers on as well.šŸ˜

2 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

Mark Outram head of Border Force has just given a presser on what happened on Ruby Princess he was very blunt and very detailed. There is a transcript of it on just scroll down to around 1045am

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/25/coronavirus-updates-live-australia-shutdown-nsw-victoria-queensland-qld-tasmania-covid19-cases-social-distancing-pm-scott-morrison-latest-update

They are all blaming each other. In my opinion all the agencies have been negligent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lyndarra said:

And from news reports this morning it seems the orange man has now lost the plot. It'll be all over by easter. WT?

He would probably say all the cruise ships will be back on the high seas by Easter.šŸ™„ Ā  Yeah Donald, Easter 2021.Ā  Maybe.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

What is wrong with the State Premiers? Ā I think they are all doing a brilliant job, in the circumstances. Ā Looks like StageĀ 3 is coming sooner rather than later, with the two states with the most infected people moving further quicker. Ā I think our Qld. Premier is doing a great job.

Yes, agree.Ā  I'm really happy with ours (SA) , and from reports, yours! And WA it seems. I guess I didnt want it to get too directive.Ā  But NSW really needs to be taken over by Qld.Ā  And All the Vic Premier does is send mixed messages at odds with what Morrison is saying.Ā 

5 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

There is a transcript of it on just scroll down to around 1045am

Place little to no credence in The Guardian reports - up there with the Daily Mail : sorry just sayin .......

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Place little to no credence in The Guardian reports - up there with the Daily Mail : sorry just sayin .......

Ā 

Actually in this case it is word for word for what he said as I was listening at the same time they were reporting on it which is why I posted it as I knew it was correct.

Edited by Cruisegroover
Sentence left out

5 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

Actually in this case it is word for word for what he said as I was listening at the same time they were reporting on it which is why I posted it as I knew it was correct.

Ok then - give it to the Guardian this time šŸ‘Ā  Trawling through the pages to get to the actual article you have noted was like fishing for Marlin though, so gave up šŸ¤Ŗ

Edited by Porky55

2 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Ok then - give it the Guardian this time šŸ‘

But there certainly has been some terrible reporting both on TV and print/online media so its hard to believe a word anybody says.

Ā 

And too many people pointing blame with the incorrect facts. Now is not the time.