Marina is finally going through the Panama Canal

YoPhilly

2 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Great pictures.

Thanks for posting.

Yes, really great. She may be the only cruise ship in the world that is still sailing with guests.   Travel save.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Yes, really great. She may be the only cruise ship in the world that is still sailing with guests.   Travel save.  

No, there are quite a few others.  Equinox, Azamara Pursuit;  Not sure if Hanseatic Nature (Hapag-Lloyd) still have guests, but they will be transiting the canal next week.  Arcadia on her world cruise, with itinerary reworked multiple times, looks like she will cross the Indian Ocean, make a tech stop at Durban, then on to Southampton, 5 weeks with no port calls!  Two CMV ships:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22639-cmv-pulls-off-at-sea-passenger-transfer-between-ships.html.  Queen Victoria is in the Atlantic heading home to Southampton.  Braemar, homeport Barbados and Dom. Rep. has been denied as she has corona onboard, so she is headed for Cuba...EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

No, there are quite a few others.  Equinox, Azamara Pursuit;  Not sure if Hanseatic Nature (Hapag-Lloyd) still have guests, but they will be transiting the canal next week.  Arcadia on her world cruise, with itinerary reworked multiple times, looks like she will cross the Indian Ocean, make a tech stop at Durban, then on to Southampton, 5 weeks with no port calls!  Two CMV ships:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22639-cmv-pulls-off-at-sea-passenger-transfer-between-ships.html.  Queen Victoria is in the Atlantic heading home to Southampton.  Braemar, homeport Barbados and Dom. Rep. has been denied as she has corona onboard, so she is headed for Cuba...EM

Sorry, it is Eclipse, not Equinox.  Princess world cruise terminated in Freemantle (Pacific Princess) is returning to US with a few passengers still onboard who cannot fly.  EM

59 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Sorry, it is Eclipse, not Equinox.  Princess world cruise terminated in Freemantle (Pacific Princess) is returning to US with a few passengers still onboard who cannot fly.  EM

O.K.  I stand corrected.   Still so sad to see what has happened to the cruise industry and all of us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Then there are the 2 Silversea ships "floating" around as nobody wants them; MSC just left Barbados as seen in pictures from album, etc, etc

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cayman09 said:

HAL Amsterdam offloading in Freemantal, Masdam denied disembark ing in Honolulu and will sail away after fueling. Norwegian Jewel same issue in Honolulu.

What an awful mess.  Happy to be home. 

On 3/20/2020 at 12:47 PM, susiesan said:

Those of you onboard enjoy your last few great meals.

That is absolutely hilarious!!!!! We loved the food on Marina in December but I can cook as well or better as I'm sure many can. 🙂

On 3/20/2020 at 3:12 PM, Paulchili said:

Then there are the 2 Silversea ships "floating" around as nobody wants them; MSC just left Barbados as seen in pictures from album, etc, etc

I tell ya it will be a long, long time before I'd be cruising. Do you suppose all these countries are going to put something in writing when they're reopening?

1 hour ago, clo said:

I tell ya it will be a long, long time before I'd be cruising. Do you suppose all these countries are going to put something in writing when they're reopening?

Because so many are dependent on tourism for their livelihoods, I am certain they will. 

4 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Because so many are dependent on tourism for their livelihoods, I am certain they will. 

Doesn't sound they did when closing ports. Sounds like ships showed up and were denied. I'm more and more thinking one to two years.

15 minutes ago, clo said:

Doesn't sound they did when closing ports. Sounds like ships showed up and were denied. I'm more and more thinking one to two years.

Who knows?  Hopefully in the next six months, scientists worldwide will find out a great deal more about COVID-19 reoccurrence possibilities, effective treatment possibilities, vaccine possibilities, etc. so that more educated/informed decisions can be made.

2 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Who knows?  Hopefully in the next six months, scientists worldwide will find out a great deal more about COVID-19 reoccurrence possibilities, effective treatment possibilities, vaccine possibilities, etc. so that more educated/informed decisions can be made.

I hope the same. And then tack on another six months or a year.