passion island

Bugger54

• 1 month later...

My sisters and I did Passion Island as an excursion on NCL in February and hated it.  It sure wasn't a speed boat and the water was a bit rough so I think they went slower than usual so it took a long time to get there.  Then they made us stop twice to take pictures, then stop for instructions etc.  Finally get to the beach and there was a group there before us so most loungers were taken.  We were supposed to have over 2 hours on the beach and only got a little over an hour.  Drinks were horrible so ended up buying a bucket of beer and were just finishing the first one when they called us to head to the boat.  WHAT?  Only had some nachos so sure didn't get our money's worth.  It was pretty but we didn't get to really enjoy it.

• 2 months later...

I am having a tough time finding it again but I read recently they are building a road to reach Passion "Island" more directly... which in my thinking would bring more people and services... and make it another beach club more than the escape it has been. Purely conjecture, but maybe the excursion operators are holding off because things are changing now.

52 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

I am having a tough time finding it again but I read recently they are building a road to reach Passion "Island" more directly... which in my thinking would bring more people and services... and make it another beach club more than the escape it has been. Purely conjecture, but maybe the excursion operators are holding off because things are changing now.

Was this the article you were thinking of?

https://www.archdaily.com/777078/sordo-madaleno-arquitectos-disena-nuevo-desarrollo-turistico-en-la-isla-de-cozumel-mexico

....... one day, in someone's dreams.

It is my understanding there is a road that goes most of the way already but it is mostly unpaved and requires a short boat/ferry/kayak ride at the end. I think it takes too long for it to be viable for most cruisers. I suppose it would be possible to upgrade it.

27 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Was this the article you were thinking of?

https://www.archdaily.com/777078/sordo-madaleno-arquitectos-disena-nuevo-desarrollo-turistico-en-la-isla-de-cozumel-mexico

....... one day, in someone's dreams.

It is my understanding there is a road that goes most of the way already but it is mostly unpaved and requires a short boat/ferry/kayak ride at the end. I think it takes too long for it to be viable for most cruisers. I suppose it would be possible to upgrade it.

Goodness! I read about the road being upgraded and extended.  This was written 5 years ago and would be something far beyond that if it comes to be!