Can't wait for my next cruise!

WallyNDiane

My wife and I were on the Norovirus shortened Caribbean Princess cruise that sailed last February 2. We did not get sick and despite the virus concern, we made the best of our cruise despite missing 5 of our 8 ports. At the same time, the Covid 19 virus was just starting to catch the attention of Americans. While we were disappointed by missing the 5 ports, we really enjoyed Princess' movies shown on the outdoor screen as well as in the theater. The movies were great and we really enjoyed the excellent sound system on both the outdoor screen system and the main theater. They played several concerts including one by The Who. They had the sound system cranked and it was a joy to see many 60 and 70 year olds playing "air guitar" to Pete Townshend unique playing style. Clearly others on our cruise were making the best of it as well. Princess also put us up in excellent hotels for 3 nights. We were lucky to be put up in a JW Marriott -Turnberry resort. That resort was stunning.

Because we got a future cruise credit for the shortened cruise, we booked a ten day cruise for next February, As I sit here watching the panic of the Covid 19 panic, I am putting together our just completed cruise photo slideshow. Despite taking a reduced number a photos, I still have a great photo presentation of our shortened cruise. And I am getting excited about our next cruise. Am I concerned about the Covid 19 virus? I would be lying if I didn't say I am a bit concerned. But I am betting that through everyone's diligence in minimizing the spread of this virus and the research of the brilliant minds of people who work in the health systems, that our February 2021 cruise will be an excellent cruise.

So please don't think that our cruising days are behind us. We will survive and hearing Hot Hot Hot music (kinda don't like that song) and seeing spontaneous Congo lines breaking out will still be in our future. Carry on.

• Like 6

yeah, and as of today … not real disappointed that our next booked cruise , on Princess of course , is not until 11/20

hopefully, maybe, somehow that may change, but not really counting on it as we have a beach vacation scheduled for July, and hoping that doesn't change ...

Our cruise next month was canceled as we all know so our next cruise after that is in August which in my mind is doubtful.  We would love to go on it of course.  It may well be that we will not go on any more cruise this year. ☹️  So we will be looking for next year with 4 on the books.

We still have a cruise scheduled for June 3rd (Alaska).  Until Princess tells us it's cancelled, it's our next cruise and I will get on the Pacific Princess (our favorite ship in the fleet) and happily cruise.  There's no way this will stop me from cruising, barring ill health, of course. 

Let's all just stay positive, healthy and focused upon the prize of that next embarkation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spikesgirl said:

We still have a cruise scheduled for June 3rd (Alaska).  Until Princess tells us it's cancelled, it's our next cruise and I will get on the Pacific Princess (our favorite ship in the fleet) and happily cruise.  There's no way this will stop me from cruising, barring ill health, of course. 

Let's all just stay positive, healthy and focused upon the prize of that next embarkation.

I have no idea how an Alaskan cruise would be even remotely possible with Canada having closed all ports to cruise ships.  Don’t think Seattle would want any crowds either

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Relaxedfun said:

Hi friends, Can you tell me why the Pacific Princess is your favorite?  I am gathering information for when I do get to cruise again.  Thanks

Pacific Princes is one of eight "R" class ships built by Renaissance 20 years ago before it went bankrupt.  690 passengers.  Azamara has three of them and operates as a "boutique" cruise line.  Oceania also has three.  Small enough to get into ports the larger ships cannot yet big enough for trans-oceanic travel.  Much more intimate than the bigger ships.  Have sailed on Azamara's ships many time and once on Pacific.  Azamara's are more upscale.  Their focus is focusing on guests rather than on board "adventure" themes like water slides and wave runners.  

On 3/20/2020 at 9:40 AM, MissP22 said:

Somehow the idea of sailing on a cruise ship lately doesn't seem to be all that appealing. 😷

soooo , does this perhaps mean we will be seeing less of you in the future ?

1 hour ago, Relaxedfun said:

Hi friends, Can you tell me why the Pacific Princess is your favorite?  I am gathering information for when I do get to cruise again.  Thanks

The ship has 650 passengers and that gives you the advantage of getting to know your shipmates and the Princess staff.  despite it not having any of the bells and whistles of the bigger ships, she has a style and elegance that harkens back to the glorious days of cruising.  Being a smaller ship, she can get closer to destinations, too.  We docked a mile from the Heritage while the Grand had to dock a two-hour bus ride away.  She is, all in all, a great little ship.

26 minutes ago, Spikesgirl said:

The ship has 650 passengers and that gives you the advantage of getting to know your shipmates and the Princess staff.  despite it not having any of the bells and whistles of the bigger ships, she has a style and elegance that harkens back to the glorious days of cruising.  Being a smaller ship, she can get closer to destinations, too.  We docked a mile from the Heritage while the Grand had to dock a two-hour bus ride away.  She is, all in all, a great little ship.

Great information!  It sounds very appealing to me.  Thanks for the info from the Sacramento area.

35 minutes ago, Relaxedfun said:

Great information!  It sounds very appealing to me.  Thanks for the info from the Sacramento area.

Hey, from one local to another, she is a great ship with a great crew.  Give her a chance, you won't be disappointed.

6 hours ago, Relaxedfun said:

Adding to what the others said:

o As a smaller ship you can get from one end to the other in a couple of minutes without rushing and without pushing past a crowd.

o Production show dancers double as members of Cruise Director's staff for trivia, contests, etc., so you ge to know them as people.

o Elevators are rarely crowded and usually appear quickly.

o Very nice and spacious library

Also of note:

o Only one pool and it is saltwater

o Fixed dinner seating only in dining room unless you are in Club Class.

o Same person is Captain's Circle Rep and Future Cruise Sales rep.

o Ice cream hour in the buffet each afternoon with fixings to make a sundae.

o Production shows have less dancers/singers and scenery/props than on the larger ships but the performances are often better than on the larger ships. Showroom does not have sloped seating.

o Unusual to have enough children on board to have a kid's club.

o No schedule yet for MedallionNet or Medallions

o No International Cafe or equivalent

o Specialty restaurants (Steak House and Sabatini's) alternate evenings to be open.

o No MUTS

Also our favorite ship.