Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

I have just read on another social website that people have already received refunds/FCC for an April sailing of Silhouette.

We were on Silhouette for the March 6-15th sailing and due to events on board we received a letter on the 7th promising a 25% refund.  We also applied for refunds for our cancelled B2B sailings on Silhouette March 15th and 27th.  So far we have received no email to acknowledge our requests.  Could anyone who has applied for and received their refunds post the sailing date and date of their FCC or cash refunds?

• Like 1

There are  detailed posts on other threads..If I find mine, I will copy and paste. 

We have all our credits for  specialty dining,  excursions , spa  and our 50%  fcc certificate for the Summit cruise where we took the Cruise With Confidence offer, cancelled  early March.

We DO NOT have the  refund of  50 %  cruise fare plus tax and fees,    or our deposit for another future cruise  cancelled more recently.

Called yesterday..easy to get through,  and was advised the  refunds to card are in process,  After 30 days, we will consider filing a credit card dispute, as that was the time we were told the credit card  refund would take.  Hope it won't be necessary.

Edited by hcat

Celebrity cancelled our 3/27/20 cruise on 3/13/20. We used the link in the email to request refund instead of FCC. No response or refund from Celebrity. The cruise is still showing in our account on website when we log in. I guess they have not processed the cancellation yet! Checked with TA and was told to check with them after 30 days. 

Edited by vkb2751
  • Like 1

I think they are working through the cancellations. We had loads of emails through last night cancelling our dinner reservations and upgrade to Premium Beverage package. This was OBC used so no refunds due from these. This was then followed by an invoice for the cruise!! I presume this then illustrates what is due back to us.

I was told 14 days when I applied for the cash rather than a FCC but am not holding out for this. Cruise was 1st April and I contacted X the day after the notice.

In terms of X cancelling cruises going forwards (which they are going to have to), it makes sense to cancel them in batches to manage the administration of the refunds / FCC. Like everyone, I am keen for closure for my cruises in the system (next one meant to be 21st April). I suggested on another thread that X could announce which cruises would next be cancelled but not open up the means to apply for a refund / FCC until a given date. This would gain X some ‘ brownie points’ I am sure!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downsmead said:

Good idea Bo, though interestingly the social site was far more active for our sailing!

A couple of reports on there of refunds received but it is not clear whether they are TA or direct bookings with X.

I think that X would have to refund to TA so TA can refund to passenger.

I would think that most TA's (or back in the day when I was one) run on thin margins and profits so reimbursing before receiving from the cruise line would put them in a pinch...

bon voyage

• Like 1

My opinion on refunds is that those who live in jurisdictions which have strong consumer laws regarding cruise changes and the like are getting their refunds or face court prosecution whilst us in not so strong jurisdictions are being screwed. Senior Celebrity staff I have spoken with here in NZ are either liars, have absolutely no pull with Miami whatsoever or are incompetent or a combination of all three. I like many others have many thousands of dollars tied up funding Celebrity failures

• Haha 1

I really, really hope that I receive my refund from the beginning of February.  Several of us canceled due to a friend getting cancer.  Two have their refunds, but two of us are still owed an additional thousand+$...this was before the ship cancelations due to the virus...our TA, with the big box company says to keep waiting...well, I have someone with Celebrity helping us now!

Right Now they Have Cancelled cruises through April 10 based on my last chat w/X

So if you’re sailing after that, wait a week & see what happens. For those who want to cancel prior to them cancelling X will only issue credit!

Feb 13 Millie cruise out of Hong Kong - Received the 50%. FCC, still waiting on refund - They're slammed, I'm sure it will come through - Giving them time - The agents have been incredibly helpful - They're so overworked and exhausted now..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

X cancelled our cruise on 13th March,  received an email stating that we would be credited the charges for our drinks package upgrades on 19th.  

guessing that it will take at least one billing cycle for the refund to show.  

Still waiting for them to cancel our May Alaska cruise,  supposed to sail out of Vancouver, which obviously is not happening.

Cancelled all of our private & X excursions today.  :(

trying to figure out how to move our Celebrity Visa OBC to next years cruise instead.

I cancelled my June 12 night Canada/New England cruise on the Summit.  I got a refund of every dime.  Plus X refunded and cancelled the shore excursions as well.  It took about two weeks from the time I cancelled until I got my refund.  I didn't want any FCC credits, so I'm happy I got all my payments back.  I really hope X and Royal Caribbean as a whole can weather this storm.  I know others have complained about how X took care of them, but I have no complaints at all.  One thing I will say, NEVER, EVER book a non-refundable trip!  I cancelled my trip before the 18th final payment date (right after the State department said not to cruise, but before Canada shut down all their ports until July).  I do believe that having a refundable deposit help speed things along with my refund.  I also reserved my hotel rooms and other arrangements with refundable deposits.  I had no problems getting all of my money back.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jeremybe said:

Feb 13 Millie cruise out of Hong Kong - Received the 50%. FCC, still waiting on refund - They're slammed, I'm sure it will come through - Giving them time - The agents have been incredibly helpful - They're so overworked and exhausted now..

I cancelled online and received an email from X a few days later.  You'll hear from them.  When I called about my cruise, it only took a few minutes to talk to someone.  The agent was very understanding when I voiced concern about the trip.  He answered all my questions and didn't attempt to rush me off the phone. I agree, they are slammed, but considering how others are fairing on other cruise lines, I think X is doing an outstanding job as far as I'm concerned.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1Madgreek said:

Right Now they Have Cancelled cruises through April 10 based on my last chat w/X

So if you’re sailing after that, wait a week & see what happens. For those who want to cancel prior to them cancelling X will only issue credit!

YMMV...
Works for me. 😊

Meecheee above said ‘never, ever book a non-refundable trip’ .

Unfortunately here in the UK, we have no other option. All deposits are non-refundable 🤦‍♀️. To that extent CwC at least offers the chance to ‘retrieve’ your deposit albeit in the form of a FCC, better than losing £300.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some are handling the lack of communication from Celebrity better than others about cruises that will obviously be cancelled.

For me there is a lot of money at stake which includes business class travel to the US and back to the UK, and an Aquaclass cabin. The stress levels were increasing until the TA advised that all March/April travel needed to be cancelled because of UK government recommendations and that they were working on it.

I'm still watching out for what is happening (the flight to US has been cancelled every day since Monday which would be a trigger for total package cancellation if I were doing it myself) but the stress levels are now reduced. Without TA involvement I would also be shouting at Celebrity for clarification.

Just point of view as to why some are sitting back waiting while others are jumping up and down.

On 3/21/2020 at 5:23 PM, downsmead said:

Meecheee above said ‘never, ever book a non-refundable trip’ .

Unfortunately here in the UK, we have no other option. All deposits are non-refundable 🤦‍♀️. To that extent CwC at least offers the chance to ‘retrieve’ your deposit albeit in the form of a FCC, better than losing £300.

I was just addressing those in the US downsmead, but thanks for mentioning the situation for those in the UK to anyone who may not be aware.  One of the reasons I stay away from Royal Caribbean is that depending on the room category (suites), your deposit is automatically non-refundable.  In those cases it's so hard to book out ahead to get the best rates because you never know what kind of curve ball life will throw at you.  I do hope X will refund those in the UK their FCC in a timely manner.

On 3/21/2020 at 4:38 PM, meechee341 said:

I cancelled my June 12 night Canada/New England cruise on the Summit.  I got a refund of every dime.  Plus X refunded and cancelled the shore excursions as well.  It took about two weeks from the time I cancelled until I got my refund.  I didn't want any FCC credits, so I'm happy I got all my payments back.  I really hope X and Royal Caribbean as a whole can weather this storm.  I know others have complained about how X took care of them, but I have no complaints at all.  One thing I will say, NEVER, EVER book a non-refundable trip!  I cancelled my trip before the 18th final payment date (right after the State department said not to cruise, but before Canada shut down all their ports until July).  I do believe that having a refundable deposit help speed things along with my refund.  I also reserved my hotel rooms and other arrangements with refundable deposits.  I had no problems getting all of my money back.  

When did you cancel?

Things are apparently slowed down now.

,Still waiting on actual credit card refunds.  One was a refundable deposit for APEX, cancelled way before final payment was due.....the other is a 50% cruise fare refund plus fees and tax under the Cruise With Confidence Program,

We were on board Reflection which departed PE on March 13th. The cruise was shortened and we were notified on Sunday the 15th that we'd be returning to PE on the 17th and would be issued a 100% refund along with a 50% FCC. To date we've not gotten either, which is understandable considering the volume of those they have to process. Captains Club sail the refunds could take 5-6 weeks and we would be receiving the email with the FCC certificate hopefully by March 27th. I'll update when we get either.

Nothing  new from X  on our  credit card!

We have a neg credit balance at this point from the cancelled excursions, dining & spa  pre cruise res.  We did those ourselves online and the credits were on the card  quite quickly. Glad we did

Maybe the big refunds will come in our next billing cycle..not optimistic esp when we are left hanging.,.the Celeb way!

We talked to Celebrity on Sunday.  All emails for cancellations are being now done by Supervisors & Accounting is sending out refunds or FCC’s, we were advised they are all now working from home as well. So it will all take time.  We canc March 11 for our April cruise.  We have still heard nothing but were given amounts etc over the phone.

Edited by If only
  • Thanks 1