Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

1 minute ago, toddmanka said:

I was on the same cruise and received my OBC on the 25 Still waiting for the cruise refund

We got our remaining OBC refunded in cash while still on board on the 15th, the day we received the notice that we  would be returning to port early. Since we disembarked we have only received a $50 credit from X. I have no clue what that amount is for. 

5 hours ago, Denny01 said:

And why is it outrageous that a company that has a huge number of refunds/FCCs/1,000’s of people to move off their ships/10,000’s of workers on their ships to support under new circumstances/ships to anchor or dock and many other issues we have no idea what has to be done, and someone find it ‘outrageous’ they haven’t got their refund back in a few weeks. we were told by two other Lines that it may be 30 days. My minor-league guess is it’s because no company has a huge team set up to run 10,000’s of thousands of refunds and it will take a while. 

I’m afraid I find people dying because we don’t have enough test kits and Drs/Nurses dying because they don’t have enough protection equipment outrageous, Not because I don’t have a refund yet. But go ahead and get bent about it, and keep calling some poor soul who has to pretend your complaint has merit and treat you with the respect you won’t show them.

Den

Den:  In any large corporation there is a delegation of responsibilities.  If the employees of the corporation are suffering then I understand a possible problem.  However, Royal/Celebrity is not in business to provide test kits nor protective equipment for health care workers.  That was the responsibility of the people elected for that duty and the "excellent team" that was set up to handle a crises. 

Much of the problem with handling so many refunds is because Celebrity did not take this crisis seriously and continued to book cruises and start voyages with no hope of completing them according to schedules.  The health crises and the request for refunds are two separate issues.

Over a week ago I was told I would get a refund for a problem on Silhouette March 7th.  I called today and I was told "well we did not have your whole credit card number".  If you knew that why did you not call me.  Logic would tell me that all those people who were previously booking cruises (and are not sick) would now be handling refunds starting with the date of cancellation.  According to various posts, that is not happening.  That is why some of us are concerned that we will never get our refunds or FCC.  Some of us are worried that this company will not be around to honor its FCCs.  I'm worried that I will get an FCC for a cruise I can't take because I can't get a doctor's note.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Argo. said:

Den:  In any large corporation there is a delegation of responsibilities.  If the employees of the corporation are suffering then I understand a possible problem.  However, Royal/Celebrity is not in business to provide test kits nor protective equipment for health care workers.  That was the responsibility of the people elected for that duty and the "excellent team" that was set up to handle a crises. 

Much of the problem with handling so many refunds is because Celebrity did not take this crisis seriously and continued to book cruises and start voyages with no hope of completing them according to schedules.  The health crises and the request for refunds are two separate issues.

Over a week ago I was told I would get a refund for a problem on Silhouette March 7th.  I called today and I was told "well we did not have your whole credit card number".  If you knew that why did you not call me.  Logic would tell me that all those people who were previously booking cruises (and are not sick) would now be handling refunds starting with the date of cancellation.  According to various posts, that is not happening.  That is why some of us are concerned that we will never get our refunds or FCC.  Some of us are worried that this company will not be around to honor its FCCs.  I'm worried that I will get an FCC for a cruise I can't take because I can't get a doctor's note.

I am not sure what you mean about “all those people who were previously booking cruises (and are not sick) would now be handling refunds...” I haven’t called my CVP yet about the bookings I just made online, I do need to work through some details on those I couldn’t do in the online Booking page, but I expect he will be there handling bookings when I call and not off doing some other temp job holding people’s hands as they fuss about a refund of dollars they spent. This is a reasonable company people, they continue to do a good job taking care of us as best they can. Chill out, they’ll get to you...

Stan

• Like 2

Got my Taxes and fees refunded after 2 weeks.

Why not refund the total amount at the same time?? Holding your $$??

They have all the info on their screen when they are doing

the taxes and fee refund.  Why make the refund multiple jobs for them??

Refunding in dribs and drabs.

When you pay for a cruise (deposit and then latter pay for the cruise) it is

not in dribs and drabs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Still no refund for us. Will call again to see if there's an issue holding things up. 

Maybe they have an incorrect card number because our booking cred card  account number was changed by the card company after a hacking incident. I did not even think of that.   Our excursions went back onto our present card byt tgey were boked later.   Can't hurt to verify the number in fiie ( thanks Argo)

One is just a $500 deposit refund for a cancelled APEX cruise...no issues.  

The other for a much larger amount  ( 50% of fare plus tax and fees) was cancelled before the big cancellation surge.  We just want to get this over with!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Argo. said:

some of us are concerned that we will never get our refunds or FCC.  Some of us are worried that this company will not be around to honor its FCCs.  I'm worried that I will get an FCC for a cruise I can't take because I can't get a doctor's note.

I cancelled my excursions (to Italy and Spain) on 10th March and had e mails to confirm that the refunds would take 5-10 working days.

They did not show on my credit card until 27th March, - the day I had to pay my credit card bill!!!

But, at least I have the money now and not a FCC, which I read that you had the choice of, when they extended the no sailing date until 11th May.

I have yet to cancel the cruise on 1st August. I am waiting until the beginning of May, to see if there is another round of aborted sailings, as Silhouette is not coming to Southampton on 17th April. I have an agreed extension to defer the payment until 5th June. 

However, as we are both over 70, I can’t see us being able to sail:

1) Celebrity require a health certificate, which I doubt I would get, as I take tablets for blood pressure.

2) Gov.UK advice cautions the over 70’s from sailing on a cruise ship.

B0B706CB-8460-462F-A317-3C957D3FE184.png

• Like 2

Progress!

Called X at 7 am est and got through right away .

Had a great X rep, Ann Louise in Miami.

She patiently went through our 2 cancelled cruise accounts..X does things kind of piecemeal so not as easy as it could be.

Our APEX cancellation deposit refund is in progress. No glitches  were noted other than X will refund it to the  to card booked with,,,the one that was replaced after a compromise.  Only Resolutiins Dept could send it to another card,,,but won't be necessary as per our card company,

The amount due back to us for the  SUMMIT cancellation we made on March 7th,  was  recently processed and sent to our card on March 24th and 25th. Has not hit yet. The deposit amount went  back to our old card number,  and other items went  to the replacement number but BOA assures us that wil not be an issue. 

Once the refunds hit, we may request a refund check.  If  a credit balance remains for 90 days+, they will automatically send out a check.

So we may be done soon...YAY!

Thanks again to ARGO  for the heads up about our cred card, but it worked out.....hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, silviaeaston said:

As you may want to research.... there has been now 4 deaths in the Holland Zaandam which was/is supposed to go from Argentina, then Chile, then crossing the Panama Canal etc..... lots of people SICK!

OK, four people died. What does that have to do with the covid-19? We know NOTHING about the individuals and whether or not they died due to the virus, due to complications from the virus, or due to something else entirely. It is not all that unusual for people to die on cruise ships. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We cancelled March 11th for our April 4th Silhouette/Caribbean voyage and received our FCC certificate via e-mail yesterday, March 27th. We have not been credited yet for shore excursions and such but know they are on approach!! Good luck everyone and be healthy in all your future travels. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, hcat said:

Call early in am ..we did at 7...and no wait.  Rep was able to pull up our files and give us answers good luck!

Thanks.  We also have the same problem with our original credit card being changed by our bank.  That has me a little worried.  Both DH and my TA said our bank will take care of it.  I hope so.

17 minutes ago, mafig said:

Thanks.  We also have the same problem with our original credit card being changed by our bank.  That has me a little worried.  Both DH and my TA said our bank will take care of it.  I hope so.

I made a large payment to our credit card and forgot to change the new card details on the payment. The payment did go through but took about a week instead of a day. 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2020 at 1:56 PM, Denny01 said:

I called my AmEx Cc and they can transfer up to $9,999 to a Bank Account. Personally, I’ll leave it there and use it for my final payment of my Apex TA in Oct. 

And why is it outrageous that a company that has a huge number of refunds/FCCs/1,000’s of people to move off their ships/10,000’s of workers on their ships to support under new circumstances/ships to anchor or dock and many other issues we have no idea what has to be done, and someone find it ‘outrageous’ they haven’t got their refund back in a few weeks. we were told by two other Lines that it may be 30 days. My minor-league guess is it’s because no company has a huge team set up to run 10,000’s of thousands of refunds and it will take a while. 

I’m afraid I find people dying because we don’t have enough test kits and Drs/Nurses dying because they don’t have enough protection equipment outrageous, Not because I don’t have a refund yet. But go ahead and get bent about it, and keep calling some poor soul who has to pretend your complaint has merit and treat you with the respect you won’t show them.

Den

Well said.

On 3/28/2020 at 10:58 AM, upwarduk said:

I have an agreed extension to defer the payment until 5th June. 

However, as we are both over 70, I can’t see us being able to sail:

1) Celebrity require a health certificate, which I doubt I would get, as I take tablets for blood pressure.

2) Gov.UK advice cautions the over 70’s from sailing on a cruise ship.

B0B706CB-8460-462F-A317-3C957D3FE184.png

We are the same over 70s except one of us also has Diabetes 2, and high blood pressure. So probably not acceptable to sail.

I really don't want to be passing more money to Celebrity UK as final payment for the Apex autumn TA, unless i'm certain of a refund, not interested in FCC at this time.

How did you get an extension on final pay, was it a TAs decision or Celebrity please?

On 3/28/2020 at 10:22 AM, hcat said:

Progress!

Called X at 7 am est and got through right away .

Had a great X rep, Ann Louise in Miami.

She patiently went through our 2 cancelled cruise accounts..X does things kind of piecemeal so not as easy as it could be.

Our APEX cancellation deposit refund is in progress. No glitches  were noted other than X will refund it to the  to card booked with,,,the one that was replaced after a compromise.  Only Resolutiins Dept could send it to another card,,,but won't be necessary as per our card company,

The amount due back to us for the  SUMMIT cancellation we made on March 7th,  was  recently processed and sent to our card on March 24th and 25th. Has not hit yet. The deposit amount went  back to our old card number,  and other items went  to the replacement number but BOA assures us that wil not be an issue. 

Once the refunds hit, we may request a refund check.  If  a credit balance remains for 90 days+, they will automatically send out a check.

So we may be done soon...YAY!

Thanks again to ARGO  for the heads up about our cred card, but it worked out.....hopefully.

Refunds  have not hit yet.

Easy to check with credit card company automated call center.

We were to be on the Edge cruise of March 15, which was cancelled by X on March 13.  My TA got through to X on the following Monday (3/16) to request refund.  They told her it would take 7-10 business days.  Yesterday was day 10, but have not heard/seen anything on the three cards involved.  (Paid cruise on one card, prepaid internet on another and accepted MoveUp offer on a third).  Interesting though, is that when I go into my account, list of past cruises, this cruise is there as if completed, points awarded.  And on Sunday, I received this email from X:

Dear Carolyn,

Thank you for sailing with us on board Celebrity Edge® on your cruise. We hope that every day of your vacation was filled with one incredible moment after another.

Don't forget to post your favorite vacation memories with us using hashtag #CelebrityCruises, and follow us via Instagram and Facebook @celebritycruises.

We hope to see you soon!
Celebrity Cruises

Perhaps I should call....

We too are waiting for a refund of port fees and taxes.  We cancelled our shore excursions & dining package a week before we cancelled the cruise and those refunds took about 8-9 days to appear on our credit card.  That was in early March before the first set of cruises were cancelled.  

One thing that struck me last night was that here locally non-essential business are shut down, including travel agencies, most retail stores, hair and nail salons, restaurants, movies, etc.   The travel agency near us is trying to operate with the employees working from home but reports are it is very difficult.  The  TA we use also has had to limit staff due to restrictions on the number of people in one facility.  These same restrictions maybe impacting the staffing of the Celebrity call centers and staff handling refunds.  So we will be patient.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jelayne said:

The travel agency near us is trying to operate with the employees working from home but reports are it is very difficult.  The  TA we use also has had to limit staff due to restrictions on the number of people in one facility.  

I think this is one time I'm glad the agency I use is a collection of agents throughout the country who work from home anyway. It's meant very little disruption in their normal operations - outside of all the busy-ness with everything cancelling/closing. The main thing they've done is that other than a brand new booking, they're not making you e-sign any documents to help keep from crashing their system.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2020 at 2:22 PM, Argo. said:

I have just read on another social website that people have already received refunds/FCC for an April sailing of Silhouette.

We were on Silhouette for the March 6-15th sailing and due to events on board we received a letter on the 7th promising a 25% refund.  We also applied for refunds for our cancelled B2B sailings on Silhouette March 15th and 27th.  So far we have received no email to acknowledge our requests.  Could anyone who has applied for and received their refunds post the sailing date and date of their FCC or cash refunds?

Was also on March 6th Silhouette and haven't received our 25% refund yet. Called Celebrity last week and confirmed that they are aware of the refund to passengers on that sailing....but still haven't received a credit to my CC.

Two things to keep in mind regarding the timing of refunds...  the recent list of canceled cruises was 117.  This roughly could be 230,000+ bookings. That is a lot to process. Secondly, (according to an email from my big box TA), most reps are working from home, and the overloaded VOIP may affect call quality and hold times.  Patience is key.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just received a certificate for the March 27 Silhouette cruise I cancelled March 12 based on the 48 hr cruise with confidence option:

(no 125%, no cash option.)

Dear Guest,

As promised, below is your Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to plan another cruise vacation with us. We appreciate your understanding during this very fluid situation, and we hope you'll use this credit to sail with us again soon! Please know, your credit is based on the penalty amount held on your cancelled reservation.

We would like to make you aware of some important information regarding your FCCs:

• Any booking made using the Cruise with Confidence FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before December 31, 2021.
  • If the Cruise with Confidence FCC is not redeemed and sailed on or before December 31, 2021, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
  • Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.
  • All guests are responsible for taxes and fees where applicable.
  • Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives other reimbursement.
  • FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Celebrity Cruises ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
  • The Cruise with Confidence FCC cannot be redeemed to repurchase the same sailing where the original booking cancelled.
  • Additional terms and conditions apply.

We're glad Cruise with Confidence has given you the flexibility to find the perfect cruise that fits your needs. We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

Edited by Argo.

13 minutes ago, peter1956 said:

My worry with all of this, is that when they start cruising again they will have super cheap pricing to get people back to cruising, but the super cheap prices will not be available to holders of FCC.

I talked with my TA and she explained that she’d make reservations and then transfer my FCC to a reservation. So you book, then make the payment via the FCC so your booking is done for whatever is offered to all. 

I’ve booked one cruise and then added my FCC and that’s how it worked out. 

Den

• Thanks 1