Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

I may have my refunds but need to pull all my receipts and confirmation to make sure -

Long Story Short ---

For may 3/14, 3/21 and 3/28 Cruises -    I got Move Up bids accepted days before the cruise and had ppd gratuities

Booked two rooms on Millennium for Alaska for 4/30 and paid for them on 2/15 and 2/16. 

I had disputed the Alaska Cruises and the Upgrades with Chase so I wouldn't have to pay them. 

Today I received my Statement from Chase and there are a bunch of Credits / Refunds from Celebrity with no notification from either Chase or Celebrity.   The dates do correspond with transaction dates I contested.  Looks just like this... .so now to reconcile as there are no notations.    The transactions didn't even show in my search because I wasn't looking for Feb/March transactions.

Looks like they match up but still awaiting my Port / Tax and PPD Gratuities

image.thumb.png.e36290d28d2137736c39521c749f3731.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

For those that are getting refunds, did you get some kind of written notice that a refund was coming? I called a few weeks back for a late may cruise and haven't seen a refund yet.  Just wondering if they actually are going to send refund or if I should call again.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, katrina915 said:

For those that are getting refunds, did you get some kind of written notice that a refund was coming? I called a few weeks back for a late may cruise and haven't seen a refund yet.  Just wondering if they actually are going to send refund or if I should call again.  Thanks.

I asked my TA about this today. She gets a confirmation for FCC's but absolutely no notice of refunds applied !!!

I looked through the thread some, but haven't seen anything like this so I figured I'd ask. Cruise booked through Celebrity.

Our 5 June Millennium Alaska Northbound (with Denali tour after), was paid in full. Received inevitable cruise cancellation email from Celebrity on 24 March. That evening I cancelled all of the excursions, the next day I filled out the refund form for the cruise.

On 5 April the refunds for the excursions came through. Still waiting on the rest, which does not seem to be out of the norm. But, on 24 April I received two emails. One was an itemization of refunded extras which amounted to $0.00 since it was the drinks perk and I had already cancelled the excursions. The other was from a Celebrity Vacation Planner that opened with, "My name is [Planner's Name] with Celebrity Cruises. I see that you recently had a change of plans and had to cancel your Celebrity Cruise." I also had a voicemail from the planner later that day.

My in-laws used a TA for their booking (same itinerary) and got the same itemized refund email on the same day I did, so I would guess that's normal, but has anyone else that booked through Celebrity gotten an email from a planner as well? Especially one that says you were the one to cancel your cruise? I'm just wondering if I need to call Celebrity or my CC to straighten something out.

15 hours ago, katrina915 said:

We never received a notice from Celebrity about our refund.  We worked directly through our TA who was very prompt in following up for us.  Once the refund was actually processed, it took 19 business days for it to show up on our credit card.  

Recently received refunds for june 5 solstice cruise. Numbers did not add up they say it is due to cruise care not biening refunded. they are telling me that the 657 for cruise care is non refundable if cruise with cinfidence was used. they say i was overfunded. they wont be charging me back. am i wrong about no refund on cruise care. if i waited until the cruise was cancelled i would have recieved 125% fcc and all funds refunded.

Last week Celebrity said our refund was processed and speak to our TA. TA replied this week, to say ‘sorry you have not received your refund, we will contact Celebrity’ and so we go, round and round. I rang them eventually (TA) and said please could someone look into where our money is, and got a reply to say refund was issued yesterday, to my bank, and can take a week to process. Im still not holding my breath. Its not over until the fat lady sings, and at the moment, that fat lady is ME! 🤣

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chief190 said:

Recently received refunds for june 5 solstice cruise. Numbers did not add up they say it is due to cruise care not biening refunded. they are telling me that the 657 for cruise care is non refundable if cruise with cinfidence was used. they say i was overfunded. they wont be charging me back. am i wrong about no refund on cruise care. if i waited until the cruise was cancelled i would have recieved 125% fcc and all funds refunded.

That is my understanding. If you make a choice, for almost any reason, to cancel your cruise reservation, then this invokes the Cruise Care Insurance Policy. Later, if Celebrity needs to cancel that cruise, that is where they are compensating people with full refunds or 125% FCC. In other words, those who waited and through no fault of their own were denied the chance to cruise, those customers receive the special benefits. 

All I received was this yesterday from Chase -  I went to my Chase account and no letters in my Secure Message ara so went to my Statement and Accounts and all there was a statement for April -  Buried in the statement was a message that I have a credit balance.   I also shows the disputed charges with the original date of transaction.

I also received over the weekend a 68 dollar credit from Celebrity that I can't match to anything.

image.png.376fadeccfd1b1934c65d1ea210e1931.png

image.thumb.png.74ce12cf3eb0a4e9ac20957830370fa9.png

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

I also received over the weekend a 68 dollar credit from Celebrity that I can't match to anything.

If it will help you out, you could send me the mystery $68 and I am sure I can find a way to match it to one of my bills... 

And by the way, there is something about the browser or app you are using to post messages here. Typically my Mail reader and my Safari browser will auto format so that sentences do not run off the edge of the screen. With your messages I have to scroll sideways to see a line of text. When I read your posts on my iPad mail app, the whole message is compressed way down so that the full lines show up within the window. A strange incompatibility there somewhere.

Stan

Received the notice for the 125% FCC on my June 14 Alaska cruise today. No refund to my CC yet for taxes, etc, but I check everyday. No problems, and I was pleased to see that the credit can be applied to a cruise booked in late 2021, and not actually starting until April, 2022. I missed that when I read the terms at first. Anyway, now to decide which cruise it will be applied to, or maybe even a new one. 

19 hours ago, katrina915 said:

We never got an email at all for our refund.  We got an email for two other cruises where we requested FCC, and decided to check our bank statement as the refund for our earlier cruise had not come through last time we checked.  Found out the refund was credited to our account a few days earlier.  So bottom line - refund, no email; FCC got an email.

2 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

If it will help you out, you could send me the mystery $68 and I am sure I can find a way to match it to one of my bills... 

And by the way, there is something about the browser or app you are using to post messages here. Typically my Mail reader and my Safari browser will auto format so that sentences do not run off the edge of the screen. With your messages I have to scroll sideways to see a line of text. When I read your posts on my iPad mail app, the whole message is compressed way down so that the full lines show up within the window. A strange incompatibility there somewhere.

Stan

Stan... just an FYI... I have no problem reading OP posts normally with Safari on my Mac, iPhone, or iPad... no compression or long lines of text.  Isn’t technology wonderful?

9 minutes ago, twincheryl said:

Stan... just an FYI... I have no problem reading OP posts normally with Safari on my Mac, iPhone, or iPad... no compression or long lines of text.  Isn’t technology wonderful?

I too don’t have a problem reading Jim’s posts IPad, PC or IPhone.

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

I too don’t have a problem reading Jim’s posts IPad, PC or IPhone.

12 minutes ago, twincheryl said:

Well, I will struggle through! I have often been told I am unique (usually with other adjectives added) and so I am used to being out of synch with the world. And, seriously, thanks to both of you for the feedback.

Stan

• Haha 1

Celebrity cancelled our 3/23 cruise on 3/13 and I requested a refund by phone on 3/20 due to the "70 and over" doctor's note required at that time.  The rep told me to  expect a refund within 7 days which I know now was not possible.  I followed up on this a month later and was told that it was in the process but it would take 30 days.  Today I called about something else and asked them to check on the refund while I was on the phone.  She told me the port fees and taxes were credited but the initial request was entered incorrectly so she had to get Resolutions on the line to correct it.  It will now take another 30 to 45 days to receive the refund.  

Edited by MartinsCruise
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

the initial request was entered incorrectly so she had to get Resolutions on the line to correct it.  It will now take another 30 to 45 days to receive the refund.  

Delay, delay delay... that's the category Celebrity picks when it is entered incorrectly..

Waiting since March 12th cancellation of our Silhouette sailing.

I was told the  same about the incorrect entry for another refund.

I spent much of my career doing IT procurement. The problem may not entirely be the fault of the IT department (although Celeb's certainly designed a pretty creaky website for the 21st Century) - it can also be how the request was translated into requirements for the programmer. I've seen this happen in large companies I worked for, with unpleasant results. I think, in this case, the programmer was probably not aware that there was a difference between customers who cancelled and Celebrity cancelling a cruise.

Sail date March 28th
Celebrity canceled cruise on March 13th

Called March 14th to see about moving to August 1st.  Requested the same route and cabin (it was open) I was told I would lose all 4 perks AND it would be additional $1,100. (I knew we had a great deal) I asked when it due, he said NOW. I told him I could not do it now so please send my refund.

March 16th went online just to see if the cabin was still open for the August 1st sail date.  It was and if I booked it online the final payment due May 3rd.
Now I am very angry he did not tell me that.

March 24th received a refund for the two tours we had purchased.

April 3rd emailed Celebrity to ask why I have not received refund.

April 6th received email from Celebrity asking if they could help with a rebooking. I told them not now and asked about my refund. She told me that my request was “confirmed” and it is being processed and it would take 30 days.

May 2nd - no refund for the cruise or the bus shuttle to return to the airport. Called and she said it was still processing and she does not see a hold on it. It is just taking longer to process.

7 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Stan

We have no issues reading Jim's posts..  on our android tablet

Edited by hcat

7 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Stan

That's weird Stan-

I generally use the Cruise Critic App using Firefox and type directly into the box.   On my side everything is perfectly formatted even when I look at it on my IPhone.    I'll have to pull out Iain's IPad and see what it looks like on and IPad. 

3 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

Celebrity cancelled our 3/23 cruise on 3/13 and I requested a refund by phone on 3/20 due to the "70 and over" doctor's note required at that time.  The rep told me to  expect a refund within 7 days which I know now was not possible.  I followed up on this a month later and was told that it was in the process but it would take 30 days.  Today I called about something else and asked them to check on the refund while I was on the phone.  She told me the port fees and taxes were credited but the initial request was entered incorrectly so she had to get Resolutions on the line to correct it.  It will now take another 30 to 45 days to receive the refund.  

Yikes... maybe I should call again tomorrow and check.    I'm sure there are lots of errors that are getting bounced back.

Received our credit But...

Just received most of my credit for the Feb 15 sailing of the Millenium that was cancelled by Celebrity - We're missing approx $1200 in credits out of $7500  - What a disaster... now to get back on the phone with them...