Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

2 minutes ago, JuliaMS said:

Our cruise for March 14 was canceled the evening of the 13th. After getting home from Puerto Rico we requested the refund and not the FCC (We were given a choice). So far I received nothing from Celebrity and nothing on my Credit Card (check every day). Has anyone eligible for a refund received one yet?

We were scheduled on the Equinox on Mar 14.  We cancelled through or TA on Mar 9th.  No contact from Celebrity or the TA since.  We called Celebrity today to find out where our FCC is.  The Celebrity agent was very nice and helpful.  The story we received however, is hard to believe.  We were told that our TA cancelled our cruise but did not specifically request a FCC so it was never processed.  Now that we have called, our port fees and taxes will be refunded to our credit card and the FCC will be issued.  The kicker is we are now at the end of the line and can expect to see the credits on May 14!  If it has been 30 days and you haven’t seen your FCC or refund I recommend calling Celebrity.

1 hour ago, TXranchgal said:

WELL - It's FRIDAY 4/10 - End of the week...   I called back to Celebrity AGAIN to see why the money charged in error had not been refunded.  I was told AGAIN that it was refunded and would show up on the credit card within 30 days of cancellation.  It has now been 33 days from cancellation and still nothing...…  We will file a dispute this afternoon to attempt to get things rolling.😠

@TXranchgal - please check back with us when you have an update.

Our b/b cruises on 20th March and 1st April were cancelled on 14th March. I phoned on 18th March to request FCC for first cruise and refund for second. Today we received our FCC but no mention of our fees and taxes, prepaid gratuities and an excursion we had booked. Also no mention of the refund for second cruise. If we have no further emails , I will phone up after the holiday weekend . At least we have had something and haven’t phoned Celebrity in between times.

4 hours ago, 1SGCruiser said:

We were booked on the October 22nd through November 5th, 2020 transatlantic on the Apex.  It was to be  preceded by a  land trip starting on 1 October in UK, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland and Spain. 

Due to our belief that cruising will be iffy before at least sometime next year - and more likely to be after a vaccine is created, tested  and ready for distribution, natural immunity increases and better treatments become available, we decided to cancel earlier today.  It doesn't help that I'm 71 and would possibly require a letter from my doctor to cruise and that is unlikely to happen.   We still have time to decide for the land portion of the trip and we still hope we're able to go. 

We called Celebrity around 11:00 EDT today.  The call was answered immediately and we were talking with a rep within a minute.  Here's some info regarding our circumstances and what we did and were told:

1. Our cruise deposit was fully refundable (could also have possibly received credit)
  2. Airfare through Celebrity Air was fully refundable (could also have possibly received credit)
  3. We canceled both the cruise and our flights - and received a cruise cancelation confirmation number.
  4. We should expect cruise refund within 30 days
  5. We should expect our airfare refund within 1-2 credit card billing cycles
  6. We received an email within five minutes with our shore cancelled excursions (paid via perk)
  7. Within 5 minutes I checked online at Celebrity and our booked cruise had been removed
  8. Within 5 minutes I checked online at American Airlines and our flights had been removed.

All in all, it appears to have gone very well.  As long as our refunds show up.  It's really sad as my wife and I really wanted to go on the Apex.  Maybe next year.

Was your booking made with a normally non refundable deposit, or was the deposit always refundable if you cancelled please? 

11 minutes ago, harz99 said:

Was your booking made with a normally non refundable deposit, or was the deposit always refundable if you cancelled please?

Yes, refundable.  There was no non-refundable verbiage on our booking reservation paperwork and the rep today also said it was refundable. 

1 hour ago, jerryd1 said:

The email that you receive when you book your flights thru Celebrity will say  "FLIGHTS by Celebrity Confirmation" and in the fine print at the bottom of the email it usually says the reservation is refundable, refundable with a fee, non refundable or something similiar. 

Thanks!  You are correct. 

Here's what my flight confirmation paperwork says (in part), "You have purchased REFUNDABLE WITH FEE airline tickets through our FLIGHTS by Celebrity program, please note that airline cancellation penalties may apply."

Earlier today, we confirmed with the rep that the full amount would be refunded.  So, due to the current situation, the airlines must have waived the cancelation fee.

2 hours ago, JuliaMS said:

Our cruise for March 14 was canceled the evening of the 13th. After getting home from Puerto Rico we requested the refund and not the FCC (We were given a choice). So far I received nothing from Celebrity and nothing on my Credit Card (check every day). Has anyone eligible for a refund received one yet?

Julia, I was on the Equinox 3/7 cruise and was on board when they canceled the 3/14 cruise.  My sister got her refund for the 3/14 cruise by filing a dispute with her credit card a few days ago.  We were in the same cabin, and I am still waiting for my refund.  Three calls to Celebrity, each with a promise of 5-7, 10-15, and now 30 additional days.  I think the only way I am going to see any money is to start a dispute with Chase, even though I am past the 60 day window.

• Like 1

We were supposed to be on Edge this week.  As soon as we received notification of the cancellation, I used the online form to request the refund.  Today I received an email containing my FCC, ugh!  There is no information in the email about changing it to the refund.

I've been trying to avoid bothering my TA, but I guess now I'll have to.

I just received my FCC for my April 4th 2020 cruise that Celebrity cancelled. It was just for Cruise Fare plus 25% extra. I called Celebrity and asked where the taxes and Vacation Protection Plan was , she said would be credited to my credit card in a few weeks. Still waiting on My Choice Air refund which I was told would be credited to my credit card within 2 billing cycles. 

48 minutes ago, hiccups said:

We were supposed to be on Edge this week.  As soon as we received notification of the cancellation, I used the online form to request the refund.  Today I received an email containing my FCC, ugh!  There is no information in the email about changing it to the refund.

I've been trying to avoid bothering my TA, but I guess now I'll have to.

Ugh! How frustrating! I've received nothing and we were to be on the 03/29 Edge cruise. I also requested a refund on the 13th, the day they cancelled the cruise. I'm getting more and more frustrated as the days turned into weeks and now into a month. 

I just got emailed my FCC.  I had at first chosen a full refund, then switched to FCC when putting a deposit down on Equinox in November to replace the cancelled 3/27 Silhouette ABC voyage.  It took about 12 days.  

Edited by marieps

Finally, after a call to our credit card company on Wednesday to file a dispute, the Celebrity refund showed up today. Only taxes/fees and upgrade costs were refunded, in 3 different strange refund amounts, but the total did amount to the total they quoted me back in March. That’s a 4 week wait. 
Still waiting on the 125% FCC. Our cruise was March 14, we cancelled March 12th. I have nothing in writing for the FCC, just the word of the agent. 

I have been emailing with my Celebrity Planner and she tells me to please allow 30 days for my refund.  I told her 30 days will take us to Apr 24th and if I have no refund by then I will file a dispute with my credit card.  I will keep you posted.

We received a letter while on board our cruise telling us it would be shortened by a week and that we'd receive a full refund and a 50% FCC. Since the we're gotten nothing but daily marketing emails trying to entice us into giving them money for another booking. 

We cancelled APEX on March 14th...due  a $500 refund.

Decided we will follow others in waiting 30 days to file a dispute,

That will be on Monday.. Takes awhile to get through but seems the only way to move the ball,  unless folks luck out!

HAPPY EASTER and PASSOVER  to those who observe these special holidays , We are in NY, still isolating as a precaution,

Edited by hcat
  • Like 4

We are still waiting for a partial refund due from Silhouette sailing of March 6th-15th. which I thought would be initiated by Celebrity on March 7th.

However I reached out to Celebrity again since it is now over a month.  For those seeking an email connection, I received a response:

email: CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

"Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises in regard to your refund.

We apologize for the delay in receiving your refund. We are working diligently to process your refund at this time. As we have an unusually high amount of refunds that we are processing, please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your refund. Although we are unable to expedite this process, we assure you that the refund is forth coming and will be processed as expeditiously as possible.

In looking at your reservation , I can confirm the accounting department is working on a refund

..we appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times. If you have further questions or concerns, please call us at 844-418-6824. "

I hope this helps...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Argo. said:

We are still waiting for a partial refund due from Silhouette sailing of March 6th-15th. which I thought would be initiated by Celebrity on March 7th.

However I reached out to Celebrity again since it is now over a month.  For those seeking an email connection, I received a response:

We apologize for the delay in receiving your refund. We are working diligently to process your refund at this time. As we have an unusually high amount of refunds that we are processing, please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your refund. Although we are unable to expedite this process, we assure you that the refund is forth coming and will be processed as expeditiously as possible.

In looking at your reservation , I can confirm the accounting department is working on a refund

..we appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times. If you have further questions or concerns, please call us at 844-418-6824. "

I hope this helps...

Thanks! I am now at 33 days waiting for a 50% refund & 50% FCC for a May 11th cruise cancelled March 9th.  I've just sent an email to the address & yesterday tweeted CelebrityCruise.  I plan to wait a few more days before filing a dispute with my CC depending if/what responses I get.  I'll report back.

On 4/10/2020 at 6:01 AM, treehugr said:

@babbdawg - So sorry you had to go through this, but glad to hear you were able to come to a successful outcome and get your money back. Soon the cat will be out of the bag (if not already) and everyone could be disputing through their CC, rather than deal with long uncertain processing windows and the ever changing terms and conditions being imposed. Filed our dispute this morning through BofA. It will be interesting to see how long the refund takes as opposed to cruise line. 

@treehugr We received the refund back to our MasterCard in 2 days. Now that the US has suspended all cruising indefinitely that may also help to receive refunds. I live in Canada and our Prime Minister has said we will not return to "Normalcy" until we have an effective Vaccine for Covid-19.  Canadian Ports could be closed for a long time.

I agree with your implied conclusion that it may be a long while before we sail again. But do note - the U.S. has not suspended cruising indefinitely. It is for a 100 day period, some dispute about when the 100 days starts, but conservatively at worst goes through late July.  And that could be shortened if/when the CLIA submits an acceptable plan for control and mitigation of the corona virus.

1 hour ago, Argo. said:

I hope this helps...

@Argo.- as in 4-6 additional weeks to process?

11 minutes ago, babbdawg said:

@treehugr We received the refund back to our MasterCard in 2 days. Now that the US has suspended all cruising indefinitely that may also help to receive refunds. I live in Canada and our Prime Minister has said we will not return to "Normalcy" until we have an effective Vaccine for Covid-19.  Canadian Ports could be closed for a long time.

Congrats...hoping we all have as successful outcomes as you have. Happy Easter.