Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

1 hour ago, prish said:

BEAV, can you please tell me how you did this? I tried yesterday but wasn’t able to. 

From the drop down box where you see "Activity since last statement", select Year to date if the charge you're disputing was made in 2020, or Last year if in 2019. 

Locate the charge you're disputing. On the far right click where you see the ">" button. That will bring up the charge and click on dispute transaction. That will take you to a questionnaire, and ultimately submit/file the claim. 

2 hours ago, JuliaMS said:

Did you file a trip delay claim or is that reimbursing your insurance? Were you already at the port when Celebrity canceled?

No, we didn’t file a claim. They reimbursed us since our cruise was cancelled. Yes, we were already at the port. They cancelled it the evening of March 13. My husband was on the plane on his way to Florida,  but my daughter, her fiancé, and I were already there.

7 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

My concern is with 8 cancellations and multiple refunds per cancellation how do I know which refund is for which cruise?

Is there a field in the credit card refund info with the booking number?

That is the only way to track the refunds against the bookings !!!

FYI it has been almost 6 weeks and I have not received one penny!!!

Celebrity is like a black hole !!!!

You have your work cut out for you!

If your credit card is like mine, it will only give you the refund amount - no other information.

I would make a list of all the expected amounts to the penny, and check them off as they show up. You can then deal with any discrepancies with amounts that don’t match up.

My situation should have been easy for Celebrity -  1 cruise fare only, no other charges.  I don’t know how they could have made such a huge mistake. Very concerning.

36 minutes ago, BEAV said:

From the drop down box where you see "Activity since last statement", select Year to date if the charge you're disputing was made in 2020, or Last year if in 2019. 

Locate the charge you're disputing. On the far right click where you see the ">" button. That will bring up the charge and click on dispute transaction. That will take you to a questionnaire, and ultimately submit/file the claim. 

BEAV, I did the exact same thing, but instead of a questionnaire it gave me a number to call!!!

37 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Very helpful..

Our cruise refunds are with BofA but we also have a vendor issue for Covid masks charged on our Chase acct....We were charged but item was not shipped,.(China,) Trying to work it out  for delivery or a refubdm but good to know we can dispute on line.

4 hours ago, vkb2751 said:

Chase asked me to send fax with details of cruise...

Celebrity requested that I fax them receipts to enable them to send me a refund earlier this year, nothing related to COVID-19. First time I've been asked to fax material in years! I made a few phone calls and was finally able to get a email address with Celebrity that would accept the receipts as email attachments. I only mention it because Chase might also ask for a fax but may have an email address that you can use to send receipts.

39 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Celebrity requested that I fax them receipts to enable them to send me a refund earlier this year, nothing related to COVID-19. First time I've been asked to fax material in years! I made a few phone calls and was finally able to get a email address with Celebrity that would accept the receipts as email attachments. I only mention it because Chase might also ask for a fax but may have an email address that you can use to send receipts.

Chase said no to email. Fax or mail only

3 hours ago, prish said:

Can you please give me fax number? Fax will work faster than mailing all the documents, am yet to get the form they were supposed to send.

Fax # is different for different cards. For sapphire reserve fax is 888 6439624

4 minutes ago, vkb2751 said:

Chase said no to email. Fax or mail only

Are their phones rotary dial? :classic_biggrin: Seriously, it's hard to believe in this day and age that fax or snail mail are the only options. Oh well...

Edited by Fouremco

15 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Are their phones rotary dial? :classic_biggrin: Seriously, it's hard to believe in this day and age that fax or snail mail are the only options. Oh well...

It's like they want to make it difficult to apply for a refund (dispute).

Sound like somebody else you know?

Maybe their commodore 64's don't accept emails?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vkb2751 said:

Fax # is different for different cards. For sapphire reserve fax is 888 6439624

Thank you!

27 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Hard to believe, isn’t it? Who has a fax machine these days?!!!

• Like 1

I think as the credit cards are getting many more calls and disputes,  they are becoming more fussy, requesting more and more documentation...the one thing Celebrity seems to hold back.

Glad we started the process early but seems it is never going to end.!

Something that really bothers me is that aside from our cruise, we booked over $4K in airfare through Celebrity. we cancelled on March 9, and i was assured by Delta Airlines that the cost of the tickets was refunded to RCCL by March 14, less than a week. We've yet to get any money (or FCC) from Celebrity, now getting close to 2 months, and regarding the airfares they will only say "they are in process"....

10 hours ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

Hope your right!

However, many on these boards (incl RCL boards) have yet to see 100%

refunds for March cruises that were cancelled (by the cruise lines). YES

they are trained to give you nice excuses but...

Yesterday received 100% (in 15 pieces, of course) credited to our AMEX card for the infamous Eclipse 3/15 sailing which X cancelled.  All shore excursions, upgraded bev pkg - everything.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, jjmock said:

Something that really bothers me is that aside from our cruise, we booked over $4K in airfare through Celebrity. we cancelled on March 9, and i was assured by Delta Airlines that the cost of the tickets was refunded to RCCL by March 14, less than a week. We've yet to get any money (or FCC) from Celebrity, now getting close to 2 months, and regarding the airfares they will only say "they are in process"....

Airlines have been pretty good, for the most part, at refunding in a timely fashion. DOT rules require they do so within 7 days. After reading lots of posts, I don't believe for a minute if/when Celebrity tries to imply it's a hold up on the airline's part. Just my opinion. 

8 hours ago, prish said:

Chase told me they need proof that Celebrity isn’t paying, were you asked for that too? They’re supposed to send me a form to fill out and send back with supporting documents, how did it work with you?

While we have online banking we get a paper bill for our cc, so can’t file the dispute online, just adding to the delay...

I disputed about $7,000-8,000 in charges on Chase Website by pressing the dispute charge button (all of my charges were within 60 days).   I received an immediate (next day) temporary credit for all 6 disputes.   I've never been asked for additional documentation.   I gave them the Reservation number and the reason for dispute. 

The reason for my dispute was that my due date was approaching and I didn't want to pay them the amount being disputed.   I'm sure it will all eventually sort it out.

As for return of Taxes, Port Charges, PPD Gratuities and Upgrades for which I am due a cash deposit back for our 3/14, 3/21 and 3/28 cruises NOTHING YET.

47 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Yesterday received 100% (in 15 pieces, of course) credited to our AMEX card for the infamous Eclipse 3/15 sailing which X cancelled.  All shore excursions, upgraded bev pkg - everything.

Thanks for the update.   Gives me faith that patience will pay off.   

If there is anyone from Celebrity/RCCL reading these payout threads I would hope you would realize that while these horror stories drag on its making people less and less likely to take up future cruise credits. And its leading to more people getting nervous and filing credit card charge backs.

I have personally sent emails that have gone unanswered and promised refund dates missed.

In the words of Warren Buffett

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."

• Like 5

Just a few points:    Don't know if any of you read the CC post but Celebrity is actually quoting 30 BUSINESS days for refunds and is one of the shortest times.   Some cruise lines are quoting 90 days for refunds.

As crazy as it sounds, credit card numbers are not permitted to be emailed which is why banks require a fax versus email.   It sounds crazy that a fax laying around is more secure than an email but if you've ever deal with a doctor regarding specific medial conditions or advice, they do the same---fax only, no fax.

9 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Two of them I cancelled prior to final payment, so those should be pretty clear, just a refund of my deposits. 

This made me wonder - why can't these types of refunds (ie refundable deposits before final payment)  be automatic and almost instantaneous?

@omeinv explained to me on a different thread that refunds are done manually because there are many steps required for verification. That is somewhat understandable (although the time lines now are excessive and unreasonable).

However with cruises that only have deposits and it is before final payment, why can't these be automatically done within days after the cruises canceled?

1. Call to cancel

2. remove from cruise planner

3. Refund deposit to credit card.

4. BOOM . DONE.

??

• Like 1