Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

We had cancelled  cruises in Categories 2 and 4...

FCC came  via e mail in a few days..much earlier than the 50% refund to the credit card

Filing a credit card dispute moved 2 of them along ..1 in each category.   The 3rd one..just a deposit came through fairly quickly...  approx 30 days.

It also helped that we self cancelled on line via cruise planner,  ALL excursions, spa and pre paid dining res before actually cancelling the cruises.  Those credits came back to the card  in a few days...and  made much less work for the reps to do.

Edited by hcat

Finally received a full lump sum credit card refund for 3/21 Equinox sailing 2 days ago. 
Booked originally through a travel agent and it was considered a group booking. I requested the refund through Celebrity link that was sent to me in their cancellation email. I kept watching for a refund is pending email from Celebrity but never received one. 
It would’ve been nice if they could’ve kept me in the loop more on the refund timing instead of sending me emails about booking future cruises every 2 days. 

Surprise, surprise !

Asked for refund - today received email with FCC instead.

We booked on Solstice May 11 from Honolulu, through online TA.  On March 24 we cancelled through the link provided by TA to select preference of FCC/Refund. and March 24 received email confirmation from X that they will inactiviate FCC and provide with refund instead.

Is this a trick for an excuse to delay refund by another 30-45 days ?

I just received my refund for April 12th cruise

We would like to make you aware of some important information regarding your FCCs:

• Valid on bookings created on or after March 6, 2020 and existing bookings not yet paid to full.
  • Any booking made using this FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before April 30, 2022, and the FCC must be redeemed on or prior to December 31, 2021.
  • If the FCC is not redeemed on or before December 31, 2021, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
  • Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.
  • All guests are responsible for taxes and fees, where applicable.
  • Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives other reimbursement which includes claims through our travel protection or requesting a refund.
  • If there is a remaining balance once you redeem your FCC, you'll receive the balance in a new FCC after you complete the sailing it is used to sail on.
  • FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Celebrity Cruises ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
  • Additional terms and conditions apply.

4 minutes ago, onyourmark said:

Surprise, surprise !

Asked for refund - today received email with FCC instead.

We booked on Solstice May 11 from Honolulu, through online TA.  On March 24 we cancelled through the link provided by TA to select preference of FCC/Refund. and March 24 received email confirmation from X that they will inactiviate FCC and provide with refund instead.

Is this a trick for an excuse to delay refund by another 30-45 days ?

We received the same/similar email.  Upon reading the small print, it says:

Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives other reimbursement which includes claims through our travel protection or requesting a refund.

Since we had requested a refund we should still be getting refund on our credit card.  I agree with onyourmak that it might be Celebrity's way of hoping that passengers with cancelled cruises opt for the FCC rather than a refund.

I've complained enough about how long it takes, so seems only fair to post when it finally comes through.  Today received our FCC for our cancelled April cruises on the repositioned Millennium.  A couple of days ago finally received our refund from our 3/27 cruise.  Fortunately, all three cruises were correct financially.  Only three more to worry about this year😒

Haven’t really tracked any of the 37 pages of this thing, but just to let you know for comparison, got my refund back for a Silverseas cruise that was cancelled 23 March and got it on 29 April, making that 5+weeks. 

And it be quite frank, saw no reason to call or post and get all bent.  Now I can pay off my toilet paper account!!

Den

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Several pages back after reading HCAT''s decision to dispute with the credit card company (BofA), I did the same thing.  Spoke to a very nice gal and she took all information by phone that I had from my credit card bills.  Credit showed up for full amount about two weeks later and today I received a check from BofA for full amount since I don't normally bank with BofA and wanted the check to put in my bank account.  So I guess after many of the cruise lines getting funds and advances on credit lines, they are able to make these refunds.  Don't know what will happen in the future but living in New York on Long Island has not been fun especially if you are over 70.  So we are taking a wait and see attitude but we do love to travel perhaps not by a cruise for a while.

Stay safe, wash hands and wear masks because the virus has no geographical limits.  It has been a trying time.

• Like 1

Celebrity cancelled our April 21 sailing and we requested a full refund.  Today we received an email informing us they have issued us a FCC. Looks like we now will have hours on the phone to try to get the refund.

1 minute ago, opa&oma said:

Celebrity cancelled our April 21 sailing and we requested a full refund.  Today we received an email informing us they have issued us a FCC. Looks like we now will have hours on the phone to try to get the refund.

Someone posted who wanted a FCC and got a refund.  Shouldn’t be to big a problem as the FCCs for suspended cruises  be switched to refunds. 

1 hour ago, General's Lady said:

Several pages back after reading HCAT''s decision to dispute with the credit card company (BofA), I did the same thing.  Spoke to a very nice gal and she took all information by phone that I had from my credit card bills.  Credit showed up for full amount about two weeks later and today I received a check from BofA for full amount since I don't normally bank with BofA and wanted the check to put in my bank account.  So I guess after many of the cruise lines getting funds and advances on credit lines, they are able to make these refunds.  Don't know what will happen in the future but living in New York on Long Island has not been fun especially if you are over 70.  So we are taking a wait and see attitude but we do love to travel perhaps not by a cruise for a while.

Stay safe, wash hands and wear masks because the virus has no geographical limits.  It has been a trying time.

Glad it worked out! 

Soon after the disputes were filed, refunds came through.  Yet oddly, Bofa is still carrying  an open review.  Guess they will see the Credits at some point.

As I mentioned, a third refund came back to the card without  filing a dispute.

I am  just over 70 ( celebrated on EDGE) and live on LI... everyone is still in lockdown but  we see more cars on the roads as we go out for food and Rxs.  Dh back to pt job at local pro shop..many precautions in place.  Was so bright and sunny today...more smiles!

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

Haven’t really tracked any of the 37 pages of this thing, but just to let you know for comparison, got my refund back for a Silverseas cruise that was cancelled 23 March and got it on 29 April, making that 5+weeks. 

And it be quite frank, saw no reason to call or post and get all bent.  Now I can pay off my toilet paper account!!

Den

Lucky you can get TP where you live.

Hit or miss here..and not always the usual brands and rationed.  Not everyone is living the good life. Esp with work cancelled for many of us! Just sayin'

I just discovered I got a refund from Celebrity in the amount of $64.42 on 4/26 and posted on 5/1.

I had 5 cruises cancelled and the amount doesn't match any charge charges on any of the bookings.   The Tax and Fees  ranged from 138-350 pp, Prepaid Gratuities $126 pp.   I guess I will have to wait and see what else comes through and then try to match them to each cruise. 

It sure would help if they at least put in reservation number as a reference.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just discovered I got a refund from Celebrity in the amount of $64.42 on 4/26 and posted on 5/1.

I had 5 cruises cancelled and the amount doesn't match any charge charges on any of the bookings.   The Tax and Fees  ranged from 138-350 pp, Prepaid Gratuities $126 pp.   I guess I will have to wait and see what else comes through and then try to match them to each cruise. 

It sure would help if they at least put in reservation number as a reference.

Makes one wonder how they keep it all straight in their wonderful accounting department.  If there's no reference to what the refund is for or which cruise, how do they keep it all straight?

I got a call from my TA today wondering if I'd gotten any refunds yet as she got the first batch of FCCs in.  Told her no.  Think it's strange they're sending them to the TAs, but what do I know.  I suppose their theory is that we'll use them to book or pay for another cruise.  Problem for me is that my TA is retiring at the end of the year and not taking any new bookings, so I'll have to transfer them to someone else.

18 hours ago, stevetod said:

So today I received the FCC of 125% but I did not receive the taxes and fees portion.

Will this come soon?

Steve

I've been waiting a month after receiving FCC and received a small refund Friday but still waiting 99% of the refunds.

15 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Makes one wonder how they keep it all straight in their wonderful accounting department.  If there's no reference to what the refund is for or which cruise, how do they keep it all straight?

I got a call from my TA today wondering if I'd gotten any refunds yet as she got the first batch of FCCs in.  Told her no.  Think it's strange they're sending them to the TAs, but what do I know.  I suppose their theory is that we'll use them to book or pay for another cruise.  Problem for me is that my TA is retiring at the end of the year and not taking any new bookings, so I'll have to transfer them to someone else.

In my case they sent a FCC to Iain and I separately to the e-mail on record.   They also sent a consolidated FCC to our agent showing the same FCC Numbers.   When asked she said while she would appreciate booing another cruise we are not restricted to using her again.  

Our April 5 Silhouette cruise was cancelled by Celebrity on March 14. I filled out the on-line form that day, requesting a full refund. Unfortunately, their system does not send any sort of confirmation. On March 30, I received an email stating that we would be receiving FCC for a fraction of the amount. After a few attempts at calling, I reached a very nice CSR who corrected the error. It seems some computer geek tried to help with the huge volume by running a program to make mass changes in their system, resulting in mass errors in many folks' accounts. That sure didn't help the call volume that ensued. I requested and received an email confirmation on April 1 that a credit would be processed, please allow 30 BUSINESS days. A former employer of mine used the 30 "business day" payment term, which usually equates to 45 days. I am guessing that the computer error above reset the clock on my refund by two weeks. It's now past the 30 calendar-type days from April 1, but longer since the initial refund request was made. I did receive a credit for around $262 a week ago, which I assume was for port taxes and fees. Hopefully, the somewhat larger amount of the cruise itself will follow.

4 minutes ago, Tangiera said:

Our April 5 Silhouette cruise was cancelled by Celebrity on March 14. I filled out the on-line form that day, requesting a full refund. Unfortunately, their system does not send any sort of confirmation. On March 30, I received an email stating that we would be receiving FCC for a fraction of the amount. After a few attempts at calling, I reached a very nice CSR who corrected the error. It seems some computer geek tried to help with the huge volume by running a program to make mass changes in their system, resulting in mass errors in many folks' accounts. That sure didn't help the call volume that ensued. I requested and received an email confirmation on April 1 that a credit would be processed, please allow 30 BUSINESS days. A former employer of mine used the 30 "business day" payment term, which usually equates to 45 days. I am guessing that the computer error above reset the clock on my refund by two weeks. It's now past the 30 calendar-type days from April 1, but longer since the initial refund request was made. I did receive a credit for around $262 a week ago, which I assume was for port taxes and fees. Hopefully, the somewhat larger amount of the cruise itself will follow.

Hi,

Sorry to hear this.

However, it is one of the most creative excuses I've read on these boards

over the last few weeks. They must be thinking really hard on how to 

tell customers that they are stalling to release refunds. A billion dollar

company hires a computer geek! Yea really?

15 minutes ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

Sorry to hear this.

However, it is one of the most creative excuses I've read on these boards

over the last few weeks. They must be thinking really hard on how to 

tell customers that they are stalling to release refunds. A billion dollar

company hires a computer geek! Yea really?

After years of dealing with their quirky and problematic website, I think most of their past customers would find an "... our IT department messed it up" excuse to be pretty darn plausible.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SunsetPoint said:

After years of dealing with their quirky and problematic website, I think most of their past customers would find an "... our IT department messed it up" excuse to be pretty darn plausible.

Thus, it is a management problem.    For years RC/Celebrity management has either turned a blind eye to the problems with their IT department/website, or , at the very least, they don't seem to care.       More recently, RC/Celebrity management has failed completely to communicate appropriately, accurately, and effectively regarding our FCC's and reimbursements.    I feel sorry for those front line customer service employees who have to wonder about the future of their jobs and, at the same time,  deal with all of us frustrated customers.

We recd fcc on 31/3 for a sum a lot lower that our April cruise cost. Our TA contacted Celebrity and they advised it was an error, to ignore it a full refund was in progress...... Still waiting