Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

15 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

He is one who made a decision to accept an offer from Celebrity, then got miffed because other persons got better offers/options a few days later and he thinks he deserves something to compensate him for poor decisions under stress. So with nothing else to do he has mounted a vendetta of sorts. 

No he is the one that got shafted because Celebrity gave no options to cruisers within 48 hours of getting nothing or an FCC while already having the announcement ready the next morning to people who then got the better deal.  We were on Silhouette B2B2B and experienced the same pain.  It's like asking someone if they want a blindfold before the execution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is what happened to our May cruise.  After we cancelled the and took the FCC option.  Then the next day the FCC of 125 was given.  Is this the right way to treat loyal cruisers??

Edited by Mr&MrsBee
  • Like 1

We cancelled under the first Cruise with Confidence plan .  We received a  50 % refund ( finally) and 50% fcc, nothing back for the insurance.  We had no idea the cruise would be cancelled, and were tired of being dangled  along by X.( seems to be their M.O.)    Yes, it was our choice to cancel so we have to suck it up. Just hope we can use up the FCC are our  accrued BOA cruise pts . We will likely  move on to another line  after many loyal years with X. 

Having observed how X has done business through the ensuing cancellations, we have very little  regard for this company...So sad because Celebrity used to be a real class act... like a Country Club at Sea....until  Royal downgraded it all around.  

Still waiting on  one more refund...It is overdue after we were told it was already procesed and would be posted shortly.. Where  do these things get held up ince they are "approved" and "processed".?

2 hours ago, Argo. said:

No he is the one that got shafted because Celebrity gave no options to cruisers within 48 hours of getting nothing or an FCC while already having the announcement ready the next morning to people who then got the better deal.  We were on Silhouette B2B2B and experienced the same pain.  It's like asking someone if they want a blindfold before the execution.

And I am also "the one" STILL waiting for the 25% refund we were all promised on that 3/6 sailing.

Promises, promises.

I finally put in a CC dispute on 25% of the fare against the charge for that cruise last week too.  I didn't want to have to resort to that but after over two months (and Celebrity's attitude that they won't speak to me directly about any of this because we booked through VTG, our TA) forced me to take that step to elevate this as well. 

Someone here posted the story about what great guys the two board members were who loaned the cruise line $100M and how it showed what great confidence they had but what they don't mention is how those guys are getting 11.5% interest from Celebrity and have the collateral of their cruise ships as security while all of us loyal customers get no interest and are given IOU's (FCC's) and are unsecured creditors should they go belly up.  I mentioned it once but it bears repeating. 

Edited by NHDOC
  • Like 2

We canceled a late October cruise to the Galapagos on May 4th. Did not want to make that large a final payment plus airfare knowing that X will eventually cancel. Received the $900.00 deposit refund today. Very happy with the 17 day turnaround. Still waiting for full refund on cruise canceled by X on April 16th that was due to sail on June 2nd. No hurry, that refund will arrive in good time, I'm sure.   

• Like 2

Just received refund  for Celebrity Air charges for May 18 cruise to Dublin, already received refund for all cruise costs.  We are now whole with Celebrity.  Have message in to credit card  company regarding refund for credit balance.   

Today I received a part refund from my travel agent for my April 3rd Reflection cruise. 
The original deposit Of £300 is still to come.
This cruise was cancelled by Celebrity on March 14th so it has taken just under 10 weeks to get this far. 

14 hours ago, NHDOC said:

And I am also "the one" STILL waiting for the 25% refund we were all promised on that 3/6 sailing.

You're definitely not the only one!  I've been getting the run around for weeks on the 25% promised.  Sent another email yesterday. 

Just can't understand why some got their's without any problem.  Every time I've called, I've been passed to a different dept. or told some new story.   Keep reading how they're going to speed up refunds........🤣    We have a cruise booked for November but with or without the virus, I'm losing my appreciation for Celebrity and we've cruised with them many times.

And the longer this shutdown goes on and the more precarious the cruise lines finances become makes it more likely that when they do open up there will be policies in place to limit the way FCC's are used.  I don't expect it to be open, published policies but more like they will blackout certain cabins on the most popular cruises to cash only customers.  Or the best "guarantee" cabins will go to those who paid with cash.  After all, they already have the money from the FCC's.  Just like the airlines and their points programs, I predict many will find they will find that using FCC's won't be as easy as using cash.  The lines have complete control over who books what cabins and so they can easily control the sale of them. 

People holding FCC's might not want to hear that but mark my words, they may find out the hard way that FCC's, even at 125% of cash refund value are worth less because they will either be forced to use them on off-season cruises or maybe forced into higher category (more expensive and profitable) cabin classes.  We all know the games they played with pricing in cabin credits and "perks" and how some TA's seem to be able to offer a lot more than booking through Celebrity directly.  Nowhere have I read anything that guarantees you can use your FCC on any cruise for any cabin and even if they said it I wouldn't believe them when their systems are so opaque.  No thank you, cash is king, and when the cruises start sailing again the lines will want to see as much new money coming in as possible to prop up their bottom lines.

Edited by NHDOC

43 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

You're definitely not the only one!  I've been getting the run around for weeks on the 25% promised.  Sent another email yesterday. 

They managed to charge my CC for the balance we owed on our shipboard account by 1PM on disembarking day, hours before we got home but now, some ten weeks later they are still making excuses as to why they can't give us that refund. 

I've said it before, the number one reason people don't pay what they owe is because they just don't have the money. 

They are bragging about how "most customers opt for FCC instead of refunds" to reassure their investors and the public, however, as has been seen here many times people are getting FCCs when they did opt for refunds.  Celebrity's system never confirmed when people asked for refunds so now after weeks and weeks and people receiving FCCs that they didn't want they are forced to get back on the end of the refund line and all the while X can brag how these loyal customers "opted for FCCs".  More delays and lies. 

I'd love to know the true percentage of customers who ACTUALLY CHOSE to accept FCCs.  By making it an "opt out" system they knew some percentage wouldn't even read the notices or know they had a choice and therefore would get FCC by default.  Oh, but those people "chose" FCCs too, right 😉

Edited by NHDOC

Cruise date May 11 on Solstice Hawaii to Vancouver.  Celebrity cancelled in the second announcement of suspensions and we selected full credit vie email link on March 24.  I made a screen shot of the instant confirmation, but didn't get any subsequent email for that.

After a few weeks they still sent FCC.  My emails to have this corrected were ignored.  Finally called Captain Club on May 15, and she had someone from Accounting call me back and got FCC changed to a Refund. She said it should be another week or less.

Full refund finally appeared on the credit card, dated May 19 and posted May 21.  It is in 4 amounts showing the initial deposit, taxes, interim and final payment.  The details show Celebrity, Paris France.  (I suppose that's where they consolidate their international credit card processing.)

22 minutes ago, onyourmark said:

Cruise date May 11 on Solstice Hawaii to Vancouver.  Celebrity cancelled in the second announcement of suspensions and we selected full credit vie email link on March 24.  I made a screen shot of the instant confirmation, but didn't get any subsequent email for that.

After a few weeks they still sent FCC.  My emails to have this corrected were ignored. 

They can only blame it on incompetence until a clear pattern emerges...

For two months you were one of the 55% who "chose" to accept FCC.

Edited by NHDOC

We were on the March 13 Reflection that turned back two days into the cruise.  We were promised a full refund and a 50% FCC.  We got the FCC about four weeks ago and today received the full refund on our credit card.  I sent an email to LLP last Friday.  Got a call Friday, another call Monday to tell me my refund had been processed, and today it’s on my credit card.  

Very frustrating overall, and you should not have to resort to writing to the president, but I’m glad it’s resolved.   

Looking forward to better seas ahead.  

56 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

We were on the March 13 Reflection that turned back two days into the cruise.  We were promised a full refund and a 50% FCC.  We got the FCC about four weeks ago and today received the full refund on our credit card.  I sent an email to LLP last Friday.  Got a call Friday, another call Monday to tell me my refund had been processed, and today it’s on my credit card.  

Very frustrating overall, and you should not have to resort to writing to the president, but I’m glad it’s resolved.   

Looking forward to better seas ahead.  

I sent a snail mail to LLP last Friday, should have been delivered to her office on Monday, and I've not heard a word related to that correspondence.

2 hours ago, onyourmark said:

After a few weeks they still sent FCC.  My emails to have this corrected were ignored.  Finally called Captain Club on May 15, and she had someone from Accounting call me back and got FCC changed to a Refund. She said it should be another week or less.

Full refund finally appeared on the credit card, dated May 19 and posted May 21.  It is in 4 amounts showing the initial deposit, taxes, interim and final payment.  The details show Celebrity, Paris France.  (I suppose that's where they consolidate their international credit card processing.)

Hi,

You are very lucky!! Many (like you and me) asked for a refund BUT got FCC

after waiting close to 2 months (applied March 15). They are doing this trick

to prevent giving cash refunds. I also complained to Celebrity (twice) and 

my TA (twice). They said they would change it. Sill waiting 2 weeks. It could

also be a bit more complicated because it was 2 cruises (B2B) and would

require them to refund more cash then they would like.

We were booked on the April 11th ABC Cruise on Summit.  We did not request a refund and understood if you did nothing you would automatically receive the 125% FCC.  We have not received any notice yet.  When logging into our account on Celebrity website and viewing past cruises it’s listed as if we actually went on the cruise.... Is anyone else also seeing this?  Also wondering if I should contact them or just sit tight a little longer. 

1 hour ago, cruisnuts said:

We were booked on the April 11th ABC Cruise on Summit.  We did not request a refund and understood if you did nothing you would automatically receive the 125% FCC.  We have not received any notice yet.  When logging into our account on Celebrity website and viewing past cruises it’s listed as if we actually went on the cruise.... Is anyone else also seeing this?  Also wondering if I should contact them or just sit tight a little longer. 

I just logged on for kicks and our two cancelled cruises also show up in the past cruises records BUT they have no points assigned to them so I think they must just have a glitch in the system.   Probably just a placeholder since they tend to re-use the same reservation number when you re-book a cancelled cruise and assign the credit to the new one. 

Having said that I would still call them about the MIA FCC because eventually you'll want to use it and no point in having to wait then for them to straighten it out. 

Edited by NHDOC

1 hour ago, cruisnuts said:

When logging into our account on Celebrity website and viewing past cruises it’s listed as if we actually went on the cruise.... Is anyone else also seeing this?

Yes, it appears as a "Past Cruise" until they process it.

3 hours ago, Prost Seattle said:

Two things:   Are these same issues happening with RCLs other lines?  And has anybody contacted the consumer division of their State Attorney General if they feel they’ve been dealt with dishonestly?  

The same complaints of long time to get refunds, inaccurate payments, lack of communication are appearing on boards for most every cruise line, this is not unique to X. 

• Like 1