Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

FINALLY received refund in 3 steps from RCL but my agency refuses to refund their cancellation charge----now I certainly understand but in this time and circumstances I feel its OUTRAGEOUS that OVC would stoop this low! I have been a customer of theirs for years

but $198 has cost them a loyal customer!

BEWARE

• July 29, 2000
  •  
  • 1,579 posts
  • anniston,al usa

Dont miss the point, this was my 150th cruise that was cancelled and I have no problem with the $99 fee if I cancel as they do move credit to another booking-----

The problem is I did NOT cancel--Celebrity did and to keep the deposit is THIEVERY!!

FRANK

I will be calling amex today

I didn't want to start another "cancellation thread", but I'm curious about something.

For those of you who had cruises in May and June, how did you find out the cruise was cancelled?  By email or were you called?  And how far in advance were you notified?

Edited by K.T.B.

Just to pass on info. On June 2 when our alaska cruise 8.21.20 was cancelled as we knew it would be we transferred the reservation to next year July 23 2021. We got a refund to our boa royal card on 6.5.20. Can't figure the amounts as it does not add up to anything I can figure. Taxes and port fees pre and post transfers tips for third person etc. Just does not add up. Called and left message for our celebrity cruise planner. Will post further saga. 

On 5/19/2020 at 5:13 AM, cjcruiser27 said:

I did as well, but it was 14 business days.  I was tired of their games.  I am still short $211.66, but I am happy that I have the majority of it!

Received another amount credited back on my CC, now only short $126.50.  It was posted the 3rd and it I saw it this morning.

11 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

I didn't want to start another "cancellation thread", but I'm curious about something.

For those of you who had cruises in May and June, how did you find out the cruise was cancelled?  By email or were you called?  And how far in advance were you notified?

Reflection Cruise on May 28... advised by email from TA on April 16

Edited by phbr

We finally received the last of our refunds and FCC from the cancelled April 24, 2020 Transatlantic cruise on the Celebrity Reflection.   We received an email cancellation notification from Celebrity and our TA on March 24.    The refunds came in two batches, the last was the airfare refund, which showed up on our credit card statement with a transaction date of June 3rd and was posted on June 9th.

Hi,

Am I the ONLY one who has NOT got a 100% refund (not FCC)

after this LONG wait?

It's day 77 since I applied. Not close to the 30 days they said 

(or 45 days for the latest cancellations).

I tried getting an an answer from my TA and Celebrity and they have

no idea.

Thanks

18 hours ago, djh said:

I just received the taxes and fees from our cancelled 4/20 cruise. Got our FCC 5/2/20 and still have not received refunds for shore excursions.

Happy to hear you got your taxes & fees, we are still waiting for ours from our 4/20 cruise.  Maybe this week 😉 

1 hour ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

after this LONG wait?

no idea.

Thanks

I am still waiting for my full refund from my April 12, 2020 cancelled sailing.  I have received a partial refund.  

21 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I am still waiting for my full refund from my April 12, 2020 cancelled sailing.  I have received a partial refund.  

Likewise, I have received our taxes from our April 21st sailing but still waiting cruise fare. Applied on 28th March, after the cruise was cancelled.

• Tried to apply two FCC's to a cruise I have booked in September.....get this nice message back today.  Obviously I changed the FCC#....

Unfortunately, Certificate #1-XXXXX cannot be applied to this booking because the status of the Certificate is Inactive.

Same message for both FCC's....

Edited by PTC DAWG

4 hours ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

after this LONG wait?

no idea.

Thanks

No, you are not the only one.  Have you read the thread?

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:
  • Tried to apply two FCC's to a cruise I have booked in September.....get this nice message back today.  Obviously I changed the FCC#....

Unfortunately, Certificate #1-XXXXX cannot be applied to this booking because the status of the Certificate is Inactive.

Do you know why it  cannot be applied?

5 hours ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

after this LONG wait?

no idea.

Thanks

Try a Credit Card Dispute..if you can

Seems to shake things loose

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Do you know why it  cannot be applied?

I have my PCC looking into it, she said it should be valid...she issued it, said it should work for the cruise in Sept...we shall find out..

10 Day ABC Cruise on the Equinox...probably 50/50 if it even goes. The FCC is 2/3rds of the final due, which is coming up at the end of June..IF they don’t make good on this FCC, I doubt I’m paying the Sept cruise in full..

5 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Ditto for us.  April 12 cruise cancelled March 26.  We received $3714 of the $4254.  It took 73 days to get that.  Still waiting for the remaining $540.

7 hours ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Just checked out credit card balance due today and it was 773.46 LESS NO NOTIFICATION.  So not sure if Celebrity  refunded  but doesn't  matter as 

It was the nonrefundable  Choice air amount. Infinity Ta April 25th

Ontario  Cruiser 

So you have received all your money back then?

9 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

If you opt for a cash refund after you receive your FCC, I believe that they change the status to inactive. Any chance that has happened by mistake?