Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

1 hour ago, Schmoe38 said:

As an FYI, we cancelled our cruise on May 10/20 and received our credits back to our credit cards today. We did not take FCC.

Just to give you an idea as to where Celebrity is in their batch processing.

Randy

It looks as if  you got your money back before you cancelled... by more than a month... 😀

We got the taxes refunded for our Mar 15 cruise on Eclipse, but not the next one Mar 30.  I talked to a Celebrity rep and she said they are swamped.  Said the refund for the cruise would be 4 - 6 weeks.

Well, just off the phone with Captains Club and have never felt like this before. So frustrated!!

I received a call regarding an email I had sent asking about the refund process.  I mentioned that the letter we got from LPP the president of X said 10 days for taxes and port charges and 30 days for the cruise itself.  O.K. I can deal with that time frame and understand it, but when I was told " Well, you have to deal with the "REALNESS" of life", I about lost it!!  I couldn't believe my ears, that in this time where we are all going through our lives in a way none of us ever imagined, and to be told that!! 

Then, he continued to state that LPP was wrong to have said that in the letter that we all received, as she had not spoken to the team that is doing all the refunds.  WHAT???  So, now it is more like the end of MAY or early JUNE.  Double what!!!

What a mess this is, and to be told that by X was the last straw for me.  Beyond frustrated and upset.  They don't know my financial situation.  It is my choice to cancel and ask for a refund vs FCC (might be worthless if they don't survive this).  Well, had to express my frustration with X, and as loyal X cruiser.

At 30 days as LPP's letter states, if I do not have my refund I will file a dispute with my credit card company and use her letter as proof that I am due my refund!!

21 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

At 30 days as LPP's letter states, if I do not have my refund I will file a dispute with my credit card company and use her letter as proof that I am due my refund!!

Is her letter posted somewhere as I too will go after my cc company

27 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Well, just off the phone with Captains Club and have never felt like this before. So frustrated!!

I received a call regarding an email I had sent asking about the refund process.  I mentioned that the letter we got from LPP the president of X said 10 days for taxes and port charges and 30 days for the cruise itself.  O.K. I can deal with that time frame and understand it, but when I was told " Well, you have to deal with the "REALNESS" of life", I about lost it!!  I couldn't believe my ears, that in this time where we are all going through our lives in a way none of us ever imagined, and to be told that!! 

Then, he continued to state that LPP was wrong to have said that in the letter that we all received, as she had not spoken to the team that is doing all the refunds.  WHAT???  So, now it is more like the end of MAY or early JUNE.  Double what!!!

What a mess this is, and to be told that by X was the last straw for me.  Beyond frustrated and upset.  They don't know my financial situation.  It is my choice to cancel and ask for a refund vs FCC (might be worthless if they don't survive this).  Well, had to express my frustration with X, and as loyal X cruiser.

I can see, looking at the Delta website, that Flights by Celebrity cancelled our flight reservations more than a week ago but I haven't seen any of our refund or FCC from Celebrity yet.   We entered our choice for the 125% option on the Celebrity website, as detailed in LPP's letter,  on March 24th, immediately after receiving notice that the cruise was cancelled.   The April 24 TA is still showing as an "Upcoming Cruise" on our page on the Celebrity website.....

40 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

"The realness of life".....person should not be in Customer Service.

hope you reported this,  so no one else is stuck with them...esp after waiting on hold so long...

• Like 1

Here's another weird point - my neighbor cancelled her Alaska cruise two days after I cancelled the same cruise - March 25th and March 27th. She got her refund on April 1st - just a few days later.  I am still waiting. Same trip. Same deposit. Same excursions. All booked thru Celebrity Direct. And still waiting for a Caribbean cruise excursion refund, cancelled March 11th. Just so bizarre. 

We canceled two cruises, one a b2b in October on Apex.  The first cruise, May 4, before the virus reared its angry face, took about 8 weeks.  I blame the big box company's TA for this.  She was always way too nice to actually answer questions, but would email and tell me to do something that took time, but never got an answer.  I even had people in other departments share with her that this was her responsibility.  No one that I have ever encountered related to traveling has ever been this poor, yet a flair for such sweet and caring language.  I had to get Celebrity involved because she was that horrendous. Even Celebrity could not believe what I had to endure. The b2b with my trusted travel advisor came back on my card in less than a week!  

Edited by Lastdance

Nothing yet back on card today  for the APEX cancellation. Seems one person initiates the cancellation, another calculates the segmented amts and another issues  refunds? No idea?

This is a $500 dep  refund and even that is supposed to arrive in segmented amounts.

We also cancelled a Connie Cruise for 2022.   It was a standard price for AQ class with good perks,   but we saw no reason to  let $900 sit with Celebrity for such a long time esp for a ship that may not  get the updates.

Once that goes through, we will have just one booked ...sad!

30 minutes ago, hcat said:

Nothing yet back on card today  for the APEX cancellation. Seems one person initiates the cancellation, another calculates the segmented amts and another issues  refunds? No idea?

This is a $500 dep  refund and even that is supposed to arrive in segmented amounts.

We also cancelled a Connie Cruise for 2022.   It was a standard price for AQ class with good perks,   but we saw no reason to  let $900 sit with Celebrity for such a long time esp for a ship that may not  get the updates.

Once that goes through, we will have just one booked ...sad!

Hi,

Seems like they have a whole team (whole department) coming up with creative

excuses not to give anyone their money back. They are thinking hard on how to

stall refunds. However, soon we will all stop worrying about refunds. They won't

be around to give any. Some have said that most travel insurances won't cover 

this event. I'm not sure if this is true??? 

I have no idea if I have received a Future Cruise Credit for my March 23 Reflection cruise which I cancelled on March 13th because I am unable to provide a "Fit to Travel Cert from my Dr" - where would I go to look for the  credit ?

1 hour ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

I received my refund except for cruiseline air which has been confirmed by Celebrity but not showing on my credit card.

Has anyone received it?

Ontario Cruiser

What type of cruise air did you have? What was the date of your cruise in when you canceled?  I have no refunds as of yet 😟

Still waiting for my refund - cancelled thru their email sent on March 13.  The very nice and helpful rep I spoke to today (unlike the last most unhelpful one!) told me that my refund has been “created” as 2 separate amounts (down payment and final payments) on 7 April and should reach my CC either this Friday or next Friday.  I wonder if this means they only send out refunds on Fridays?  I’ll wait and see.

For anyone who filed a dispute through their CC (most notably those with BofA), did you submit dispute online or via phone? Looking online there appears to be a mechanism to submit on BofA. Like most here, we submitted for a refund via the X link, but to date have received nothing to confirm X receiving our submital, nor anything to suggest our refund is in process in some way. That in mind, what does CC / bank require as proof / confirmation of request for refund? We're trying to be patient, but the thought of X having our money for 2-3 billing cycles is concerning in these uncertain times for cruise lines. If that timeline were to come to fruition, X would have had our money for 6 months, when taking into account when we had to make final payment. 

For anyone that’s able to, reach out to your credit card companies to dispute these charges. The cruise lines are intentionally trying to hold onto cash, thus there are no definite answers to questions on refunds. I agree this is a huge process change as they are not used to cancelling thousands of bookings at a time but if you monitor this thread, there are very few, if any, people who have actually received refunds. 
I disputed the bulk of our charge through American Express (deposit was on a separate card) and they sided with us within 24 hours refunding the charge. 
These are absolutely unprecedented times and there are rough waters ahead but the cruise lines have had almost a month now to get their stuff together in order to process refunds back to their customers. 
You had better believe that if these cruise lines had $$ tied up somewhere and were due it back from a vendor or otherwise, they would involve their legal teams to get their funds back. 
They are relying on confusion and people being “patient” or just forgetting about it, to hold onto YOUR money. Since the process started we were told 10 business days, then 15 business days, now I’ve also seen 30 days and some people mentioning June or July. We don’t know what the future holds so if you’d like to see your money back, Take action to help light a fire under these giants so they know we’re not screwing around!

Edited by Flying Hippo
Grammer

4 minutes ago, treehugr said:

For anyone who filed a dispute through their CC (most notably those with BofA), did you submit dispute online or via phone? Looking online there appears to be a mechanism to submit on BofA. Like most here, we submitted for a refund via the X link, but to date have received nothing to confirm X receiving our submital, nor anything to suggest our refund is in process in some way. That in mind, what does CC / bank require as proof / confirmation of request for refund? We're trying to be patient, but the thought of X having our money for 2-3 billing cycles is concerning in these uncertain times for cruise lines. If that timeline were to come to fruition, X would have had our money for 6 months, when taking into account when we had to make final payment. 

We have an email dated March 13th from Celebrity confirming our option to request a refund. I think the big CC companies must be seeing a lot of these because they (AMEX) were not too surprised when I told them we had very little from the cruise line to confirm any of this. 
do you have any similar communication From X?

Flying hippo - you were lucky to get an email confirmation. Those people that used the online form for a refund, received no confirmation whatsoever. We are going on faith that it went through and is being dealt with 🤷‍♀️. On this basis, there is nothing to present to the cc companies as proof per se. 
One post suggested that if your cruise moved from ‘upcoming’ to ‘past’ cruises, then it was being processed. Our first cancelled cruise was in the first batch cancelled and is now on past cruises (sailing date 1st April),  but no monies back yet. The taxes etc should have been refunded in 10 business days! We are waiting at present to see how long it takes, as we have another cancelled cruise after that one.

• Thanks 1