The Post Your Favorite Celebrity Cruise Photos Thread

WonderMan3

James Bond Island, Thailand. Millennium, November 2015. The view was stunning, but more memorable was the adventure trying to get back to the ship. The small boat we were touring Phang Nga Bay with sprang a leak when the pilot did a bad job of coming alongside the dock at a snack stop and ripped a hole in the side. We had an extra 30-45 minute wait for a new one. 

49873013477_85790ff8c0.jpg

• Like 5

Catching up with the latest season of Westworld last night reminded me of the amazing architecture of Valencia's science park posing as the Delos Corporations HQ.  A picture has already been posted but the place is worth another look. These pictures are from 2016 when a 2 Euro bus ride would take you there from the port gates.

TZ6B_1040044ms.jpg

TZ6B_1040048ms.jpg

TZ6B_1040065s.jpg

Edited by JBare
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, JBare said:

Catching up with the latest season of Westworld last night reminded me of the amazing architecture of Valencia's science park posing as the Delos Corporations HQ.  A picture has already been posted but the place is worth another look. These pictures are from 2016 when a 2 Euro bus ride would take you there from the port gates.

TZ6B_1040044ms.jpg

TZ6B_1040048ms.jpg

TZ6B_1040065s.jpg

Great photos!

The following photos are not taken from a cruise I was on, but if you have been on the Northern European cruise on the Reflection you may recognise this amazing Rail Bridge, the ship would have been docked close to it in South Queensferry (my home town) near Edinburgh 

My sister sent me these photos today & I just had to share them.

Hope they bring back happy memories for some.....

IMG-20200510-WA0009.thumb.jpg.bcff7ca1fe759d87435ae6db80d0865e.jpg

IMG-20200510-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200510-WA0003.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Enjoying an ice spaghetti carbonara gelato sundae on my aft Sky Suite balcony on Eclipse in January 2014. I heard they weren’t making these anymore? Anyone know if that’s true?

B6CB385C-9FD1-4DF4-9B83-2218BF41409C.jpeg

I'm sorry...what? Spaghetti-flavored gelato?? Sounds disgusting.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

47 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Dec 28 2013 Eclipse sailing, 14 Night Exotic Southern Caribbean

Waiters are getting Eclipse's main dining room, Moonlight Sonata, ready for early seating dinner on the sailing's first of three formal nights.

2013 Eclipse Cruise 034.JPG

I really miss this experience.... and I’ really sad not yet to be able to see the light at the end of the Covid tunnel where the possibility of experiencing it again.

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm sorry...what? Spaghetti-flavored gelato?? Sounds disgusting.

It’s not spaghetti flavored. 🙄🙄 They call it ice spaghetti because they put the gelato into a press that squeezes it out into strands that look like spaghetti.

9 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

It’s not spaghetti flavored. 🙄🙄 They call it ice spaghetti because they put the gelato into a press that squeezes it out into strands that look like spaghetti.

Thank you for explaining.

I’m sorry I was so stupid to not understand something I had never heard of. Naming it after a dish that is definitely not ice cream or gelato was confusing - at least for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I’m sorry I was so stupid to not understand something I had never heard of. Naming it after a dish that is definitely not ice cream or gelato was confusing - at least for me.

Not stupid.  I was wondering the same thing and was glad you asked.

David

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Going through locks in the Panama Canal during an excursion from Equinox in January 2013.

012.JPG

101_2709.JPG

100_1008.JPG

Always thought that an excursion in a small boat through the locks would be neat.  Will have to look into it next time whenever that is .   Great picture of the unique view!

Edited by shipshape sam

48 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Always thought that an excursion in a small boat through the locks would be neat.  Will have to look into it next time whenever that is .   Great picture of the unique view!

We took the excursion in 2005.  It is an interesting ride although you do not get to sail through all of the locks.  When we did it, we went through the Pacific Ocean side locks.

Jan 2 2018 Solstice sailing, 12 Night Great Barrier Reef

Here is the sunset as viewed from our balcony when Solstice was anchored for her overnight off of Yorkeys Knob (Cairns) on Jan 7.  We were actually marooned on the ship as we expected to take a tender back to shore after eating dinner.  We were planning on staying at a hotel in Cairns during the overnight so that we could catch a dive boat early the next morning.  However because of the high winds, the Captain stopped the tendering at 6pm with the only tenders operating were those that took passengers back from Yorkeys Knob to the ship.  Earlier in the day, the high winds caused one of the tenders to crash into Solstice resulting in one of the windows on the tender to shatter.  The high winds also loosened Solstice's anchor twice forcing her to re-anchor.  

Sunset.jpg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1