Out of Pocket Expense Reimbursement from NCL

pghflyer

My cruise next year is cancelled and NCL has offered to reimburse up to $300 per person for flight change/ cancel fees.  I cancelled my flight online and got a partial refund in my credit card, but I have never seen a credit card cancellation receipt.  Here is what they require "Your receipts must include names, dates, method of payment, cancellation and/or change fees on the Airline letter head in order to be considered for reimbursement. Please note that we are unable to accept bank statements as proof of payment."

I used United this time (my situation didn't qualify for any of their waivers), just curious if anyone has ever produced this documentation without showing credit card statements?

That's between you and United. You need to resolve it quickly, else eat the cost because NCL will not provide any reimbursement without a receipt. Otherwise everyone will say 'Sure, United charged me $799 to cancel my airfare when you cancelled my cruise'. 

17 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

They didn't send you an email confirming your cancellation? 

Yes but just a general one that said it had been cancelled and the amount due would appear on my credit card in 10 days. Informative but not useful in this situation. Anyhow, I have reached out to United on multiple fronts. 

FWIW I submitted my case with my flight purchase receipt to NCL on March 12, and they got back today with more details....so about a one week turn-around time, better than I expected.

• 2 weeks later...

So, surprisingly bad end for this one that I didn't see coming.  Honestly, I thought it was a very kind and generous offer for NCL to indicate they would cover up to $300 in airfare fees, but I figured it was a nice gesture since they had a lot of discretion cancelling a year in advance - not the same as these other cancellations that are out of their control.

Anyhow NCL responded back with details on what I needed to provide as receipts, so I have spent a lot of time on hold and back and forth with United (surprisingly very helpful) trying to produce the correct documentation. I submitted to NCL as requested, and less than a day later....they send me a generic form email saying they have now decided to cancel all offered reimbursements for 2021 Spirit cancellations, and that they would recommend I talk to my insurance company or credit card.

Really poor form to offer a reimbursement, give detailed requirements on how to claim it, and then once you get a submission decide you don't feel like it any more.  I appreciate the challenges they have right now, but actions like this really do burn a lot of goodwill.

Response attached below (they act as if I am requesting this and NOT that they offered in the first place):

Spirit.jpg

Edited by pghflyer