AIS Sense of Humor

rjbean4

I was just checking on the ships here in our area including those out in the gulf. There has some movement with some who had been docked who have sailed out under the Skyway Bridge and then a ship that had been at the anchorage has come in to dock. I just found the Carnival Legend with their destination saying NOWHERE. Guess her AIS transponder was entered in by someone with a sense of humor in light of everything gong on around us.

Screenshot (2).png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Those destinations are entered by the ship, not AIS/marine Traffic.  I have seen a US Navy ship in the Panama Canal with The Moon as her destination...

Carnival is also being creative.  Corporate sat down with the deck plans of each ship and spelled out a message with cabin lighting.  It can be read at night, if you can see the side of a ship.  For the Carnival Breeze, it says WE WILL BE BACK followed by a heart.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Those destinations are entered by the ship, not AIS/marine Traffic.  I have seen a US Navy ship in the Panama Canal with The Moon as her destination...

Carnival is also being creative.  Corporate sat down with the deck plans of each ship and spelled out a message with cabin lighting.  It can be read at night, if you can see the side of a ship.  For the Carnival Breeze, it says WE WILL BE BACK followed by a heart.  EM

Oh I know. But this is how it was showing up on Marine Traffic and the AIS a is a form of identification. The destination at the time was what it was and has changed since and entered in by someone on board who was doing it with a sense of humor at a time we need to sometimes laugh too. I needed this because before the end of the night last night found that a Orthodontist appointment I had for next week will now have to wait at least sometime after May 8th. Oh well as I wasn't surprised with everything going on but frustrated because of what it was for. Yeah it could be worse. Stay safe everyone.