Allure upgrades cancelled

smeck

On 3/24/2020 at 9:53 PM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Rooms on other Celebrity ships were totally re-done. New bathrooms, cabin furniture and balcony furniture. They're very nice. 

As for Allure.....we were on the Feb 23 cruise before the TA. While cabins could use a bit of an update I think the upholstered furniture in many areas in in dire need of replacement or, at least, reupholstering. 

Royal has never redone the bathrooms on it's ships, which would have been a real necesity on the Voyager Class, imagining that they will aim to keep them for at least another 10 years+ in the fleet. This is quite disapointing but shows that Royal is more of a lower class cruise line where people don't pay attention to detail whereas at X which is considered more upper class they do pay attention to these details.

5 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Royal has never redone the bathrooms on it's ships, which would have been a real necesity on the Voyager Class, imagining that they will aim to keep them for at least another 10 years+ in the fleet. This is quite disapointing but shows that Royal is more of a lower class cruise line where people don't pay attention to detail whereas at X which is considered more upper class they do pay attention to these details.

Not sure what ships you are referring to, but, Royal has upgraded (redone) almost all bathrooms on Radiance class and Vision class ships over the past 10 years, or so.

Edited by Tagsalong

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Bathrooms on most of the inside cabins on the cabins on Enchantment were completely redone during her drydock a couple of years ago.

They replaced the sink area on all the Vision Class ships, but not th floor and also didn't get rid of the shower curtain which is also not hygienic at all.

1 minute ago, Tagsalong said:

Not sure what ships you are referring to, but, Royal has upgraded (redone) almost all bathrooms on Radiance class and Vision class ships over the past 10 years, or so.

On Vision Class they replaced the sink area, but that's it. On Radiance Class the bathrooms are still quite ok, but they were never refurbished. Only the newly added cabins have new bathrooms such as all the balcony cabins added to Deck 11 on Jewel of course.

6 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

They replaced the sink area on all the Vision Class ships, but not th floor and also didn't get rid of the shower curtain which is also not hygienic at all.

More than just the sink area looked new in the cabin we had a couple years ago.  I agree that they did not get rid of the shower curtain though. 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

More than just the sink area looked new in the cabin we had a couple years ago.  I agree that they did not get rid of the shower curtain though. 

In the cabin itself they replaced the carpets added flat screens and furniture received new covers + new curtains.

Just now, LXA350 said:

In the cabin itself they replaced the carpets added flat screens and furniture received new covers + new curtains.

Yes but I was speaking about the bathroom itself.  Like I said more than just the sink area looked new.  It’s pretty hard to freshen up 20+ years of wear.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes but I was speaking about the bathroom itself.  Like I said more than just the sink area looked new.  It’s pretty hard to freshen up 20+ years of wear.

That's why you need to completely replace the whole bathroom as now Celebrity Does on it's ships.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I wonder if Celebrities long term plans are to keep their ships for a longer period of time than Royal.  

Time will tell, especially now on what effects Covid 19 will have on the industry, but I assume their oldest ships; Millenium Class which are from the years 2000-2003 approx surely will remain another 10 years +, simmilar to the Voyager Class at Royal.