What can we do while Covid-19 spreads across the world?

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Whilst I do think the lockdown is a good idea I do feel sorry for all the small restaurants and cafes that will be affected by this. We have a wonderful selection of cuisines in our small suburban "village" including Italian, Spanish, Middle Eastern, French (crepes/galettes), Japanese, Chinese, Malaysian, Thai, Korean, mod-Aus, and classic cafes. I hope they get some sort of compensation for being forced to close so that they survive this crisis. Some were starting to offer take home meals but that may be banned now.

Yes I feel sorry for them too. Our favourite local cafe/pizzeria has put a message on FB tonight they will close tomorrow. They have been great supporters of our local communities and sponsor a few of the local sporting teams. We ordered pizzas last night from them, perhaps the last for some time.

We will spend time in the garden and doing things around the house. Perhaps a walk once a day as well. If the weather is inclement there's always tv to watch and kindle to read.

We had FaceTime calls from our granchildren this eveing. We will continue to have them until we are back to normal whenever that may be.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

I live in rural NSW on our farm, work from home (web & graphic design) & usually only go into town once a week for groceries - so if we hit lock down my life apart from lack of work coming in will be much the same! 😄 At least I have acreage to roam about, a beautiful view to enjoy & plenty of farm & gardening jobs to do, a tonne of books to read & other household projects I haven't time for previously.

I think going through 2 months of fires in Jan/Feb, staying inside because of weeks of smoke pollution etc has hardened everyone in my area to be better able to cope with self isolation as we have already experienced worse prior. At least the virus isn't going to burn our house down or destroy our farm & livestock. I don't have to keep looking out the window for weeks on end checking to see if had crept on me either! 

• Like 1