Have you received your FCC yet?

I canceled about 2 weeks ago and no sign of my FCC.  Has anyone gotten theirs yet?  Does it come in an email?  I had booked through an online agent and they were the ones to cancel for me.  Would that mean the FCC would go to them so I would need to book through them again?

The FCC would go to them but they are supposed to give you the information.  You do not have to use it thru them.

I suggest calling them and asking if they have received it from RCI as of yet.  (I cancelled a cruise for a client and it took about a week and a half for the FCC to arrive at my main office).

Steve

We cancelled four cruises on 3/10. We received the FCCs for the first two (March and April) on 3/19. Haven't received the taxes/port fees yet. The other two cancelled cruises were for July, and we haven't received anything for those yet.

I received mine about a week after cancelling. I did rebook for another cruise, but haven't applied that credit yet to the remaining balanced owed. You have to call them and apply the FCC.

I cancelled on Tuesday morning (01/10) just a few days ahead of Royal cancelling our planned Anthem cruise (departure 03/15) as we were concerned about closing borders before we would be home (which has come to pass). 

I received confirmation from Royal that the items purchased through the cruise planner were being refunded last Wednesday (03/11) but I have not yet seen the cruise planner items refunded to my credit card.

I received an email from my travel agent on Thursday (03/19) with the FCC certificate numbers and amounts. A few hours later, I received a further email directly from Royal with the same information. Based on the amount of my FCCs, I am anticipating a further refund of taxes/fees and prepaid gratuities of $1600 that has not yet come through to my credit card.

I would guess that you will also see an FCC email before the April 13th date as I have as we cancelled around the same time. That being said, you may have to wait until that April date. 

My only concern about the FCC is that it is listed by person with an amount for each individual. Four out of six of ours are for our children. Let's say for example that I book a new cruise when they are running the "kids sail free" promo (which would apply to two of my children) whereby the amount of their taxes would be significantly less than the value of their FCC. I would hope to be able to use the difference towards the overall cost of the same booking (but in theory for another person).  

15 minutes ago, JillK said:

I cancelled on Tuesday morning (01/10) just a few days ahead of Royal cancelling our planned Anthem cruise (departure 03/15) as we were concerned about closing borders before we would be home (which has come to pass). 

I received confirmation from Royal that the items purchased through the cruise planner were being refunded last Wednesday (03/11) but I have not yet seen the cruise planner items refunded to my credit card.

I received an email from my travel agent on Thursday (03/19) with the FCC certificate numbers and amounts. A few hours later, I received a further email directly from Royal with the same information. Based on the amount of my FCCs, I am anticipating a further refund of taxes/fees and prepaid gratuities of $1600 that has not yet come through to my credit card.

I would guess that you will also see an FCC email before the April 13th date as I have as we cancelled around the same time. That being said, you may have to wait until that April date. 

My only concern about the FCC is that it is listed by person with an amount for each individual. Four out of six of ours are for our children. Let's say for example that I book a new cruise when they are running the "kids sail free" promo (which would apply to two of my children) whereby the amount of their taxes would be significantly less than the value of their FCC. I would hope to be able to use the difference towards the overall cost of the same booking (but in theory for another person).  

Cancelled my cruise on March 5 and still haven't received my tour credits.  Called the pre-cruise planner dept last week and the agent (barely understand him) that it would take 7-10 business days.  I asked him if the credits are being processes.  He seemed evasive.  Today it's the 11 business days and called again.  I was put on hold so that the agent could discuss with supervisor.  After a few minutes, she came back and said that the supervisor is forcing the cancellation/processing of the credit and it would take again from 7-10 business days.  I felt like yelling, but kept my cool as it would have been totally useless.  I only said to her was "I assume today is not considered a business day--she concurred.":classic_angry:

Ps.  Got the cancelled cruise refunds to my credit cart 2 days later on March 7.

I received my FCC 8 days after cancelling.  I received some of my refund 4 days after that.  I'm still not square between the FCC and refunds for what I originally paid but I'll give it a couple of weeks.  I also have received refunds from monies I have paid on Cruise Planner (drink, internet and specialtity dining).

My cruise was May 10, I cancelled Mar 8.

I would also note that I was was somewhat disappointed in the way they gave the FCC.  It equaled exactly 50% of the fare pre tax and pre gratuities, but they split it evenly between the four names on the reservation.  I would have preferred that it be split in proporation to the fare paid for each name for my circumstance, but in these times I'm sure they are doing their best to keep things moving, solvent and satisfy everyone.

3 hours ago, cruisesR4me said:

I canceled about 2 weeks ago and no sign of my FCC.  Has anyone gotten theirs yet?  Does it come in an email?  I had booked through an online agent and they were the ones to cancel for me.  Would that mean the FCC would go to them so I would need to book through them again?

I also booked through a TA and cancelled.  I was sent an invoice showing my cruise was cancelled and the break down of the FCC.  Seems whoever you booked through would send you the information regarding the FCC.  May need to contact who you booked through and get them to send you the information about your FCC.

I cancelled on March 9th and received the FCC on the 19th.  However, have not received any of the refunds we were supposed to receive.  Called today and it took over 2 hours on the phone (with a really wonderful agent) to find out that they had to be re-processed.  Said it would be 3-10 more days.  In addition, they made a mistake with the amount (only gave FCC for 75% despite it being under the Cruise with Confidence program) so that had to be straightened out.  

We were going to re-book but they said that we could not use our FCC for our deposit.  Has anyone else heard that to be the case? 

I am not going to re-book just yet when they have so much of our money and we haven't received any refunds yet.  Not going to put out another $1000.  I understand they want cash but they have a lot of our money already with the FCC so I am not going to give them more at this point.  

13 minutes ago, kenandlaura06 said:

I cancelled on March 9th and received the FCC on the 19th.  However, have not received any of the refunds we were supposed to receive.  Called today and it took over 2 hours on the phone (with a really wonderful agent) to find out that they had to be re-processed.  Said it would be 3-10 more days.  In addition, they made a mistake with the amount (only gave FCC for 75% despite it being under the Cruise with Confidence program) so that had to be straightened out.  

We were going to re-book but they said that we could not use our FCC for our deposit.  Has anyone else heard that to be the case? 

I am not going to re-book just yet when they have so much of our money and we haven't received any refunds yet.  Not going to put out another $1000.  I understand they want cash but they have a lot of our money already with the FCC so I am not going to give them more at this point.  

My understanding is that you can only use the FCC on a booked cruise. I've read on CC that if the value of the FCC exceeds the cost of the cruise fare (including the deposit, but not the taxes or port fees), that RCL will refund the difference in $$ you paid for the deposit).

So for example if I booked a $2500 cruise and put down $500 as a deposit, the balance owed (less taxes and fees) would be $2000. If I received and used an FCC worth $2300 on this booking, RCL would refund the excess $300 back to the CC that I used to pay the deposit.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kenandlaura06 said:

Check my above post (#8). Looks like they’ll waive money down if you’re waiting on FCC to be issued. 

Cancelled 3 cruises on March 8, 2020, using the "Cruise with Confidence" policy.

No refunds, no FCC to date.  TA stated it could be another two weeks.

RCL cancelled our April 5, 2020 sailing...that was just last Friday when it was announced...no refunds, no FCC.

Reminded that it will be done by April 13, 2020.

Looking at our crystal ball and asking: "When will Royal announce more cancellations?".....no answer.

19 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Cancelled 3 cruises on March 8, 2020, using the "Cruise with Confidence" policy.

RCL cancelled our April 5, 2020 sailing...that was just last Friday when it was announced...no refunds, no FCC.

Looking at our crystal ball and asking: "When will Royal announce more cancellations?".....no answer.

We cancelled four on 3/10, and received the FCCs on the first two on 3/19. Those two were inside the final payment penalty date. The other two were for July, so they would have been $$ refunds rather than FCCs. If the ones you cancelled were outside of the final payment date, you are probably waiting on $$ refunds rather than FCCs, and those (according to the RCL agent I spoke with this morning) should start showing up around the 24th (Tuesday). If you were inside the penalty date, the FCCs seem to be going out now.

40 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Our travel agent told RCCL we were trying to cancel and rebook another trip so they said in that case, they would expedite the FCC. I’m guessing that’s a courtesy that would probably only be extended to a travel agent but yours could try?

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

We cancelled four on 3/10, and received the FCCs on the first two on 3/19. Those two were inside the final payment penalty date. The other two were for July, so they would have been $$ refunds rather than FCCs. If the ones you cancelled were outside of the final payment date, you are probably waiting on $$ refunds rather than FCCs, and those (according to the RCL agent I spoke with this morning) should start showing up around the 24th (Tuesday). If you were inside the penalty date, the FCCs seem to be going out now.

orville99...thanks.

The 3 cruises we cancelled (Allure B3B) were all paid in full...May 31, June 7, and June 14 sailings.

Full refund for all 3 sailings minus FCC's of $900, $500, and $500 respectively.

Thanks for the info...March 24th is only a few days away.

1 hour ago, SarahD112 said:

Our travel agent told RCCL we were trying to cancel and rebook another trip so they said in that case, they would expedite the FCC. I’m guessing that’s a courtesy that would probably only be extended to a travel agent but yours could try?

Great idea SarahD112...but it didn't work for us.

We were also rebooking other sailings but no courtesy expediting of FCC's...sigh.