P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Never worn Crocs but see there a lot of fans here. I went on a cruise with a friend a few years ago and she lived in hers. It took a lot of persuading on my part to convince her they weren't suitable for a formal night!

I tend to live in Skechers and Fit-flops and am dreading having to dig out my high heels again for any sort of dressy-up occasion now because I know I'd find them excruciating. Oh for the days when style trumped comfort - when I'd wake up after a night out with my feet torn to shreds from the heels and I didn't notice until the next day because I'd had far too much to drink! Living in London, we had our pick of the clubs - Stringfellows, The Hippodrome, the Camden Palace were all favoured haunts - then on to Mike's Diner at 4am to have breakfast and get the Sunday papers. Actually, I think I prefer now - a nondrinking, Skecher-wearing nan who does nothing more adventurous than walk the dog!

Have a good day everyone. Jane.x

It would get more complicated on the Aus board.New thread,wearing thongs on formal nights.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

That’s great news that you’re spending more time with your grandson, so happy for you 🥰 I hope Wednesday goes well, I’m sure he’ll be fine.

Thank you, I haven’t been this excited since the last time I went on a cruise! 😊😊

• Like 3

Good morning. A much nicer day to wake up to. A little light cloud, but milder and dry. Frank's new toy is arriving today, a long handled weed grabber/puller, so he'll be out playing most of the afternoon and keeping out of mischief.

I must say I'm a little surprised with Wowzz, who'd have thought he could be a bit of a stirrer?😉 

On the subject of footwear, I buy Hotter shoes, perfect for me, and Frank also has a few pairs, men's of course😁 I think I should go and see if my shoes still fit and get used to wearing them again. Since March 2020 I've only worn shoes about 6 or 7 times, which is the number of times I've been out. I never wear shoes at home, always barefoot, except for my gardening shoes. I hope I don't have a sudden attack of vertigo when I put my heels on.

Well Frank sounds to be moving, so I'll go and get the porridge started.

Have good day whatever your up to and stay safe. You too Andy and Michelle.

Avril

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning. A much nicer day to wake up to. A little light cloud, but milder and dry. Frank's new toy is arriving today, a long handled weed grabber/puller, so he'll be out playing most of the afternoon and keeping out of mischief.

I must say I'm a little surprised with Wowzz, who'd have thought he could be a bit of a stirrer?😉 

On the subject of footwear, I buy Hotter shoes, perfect for me, and Frank also has a few pairs, men's of course😁 I think I should go and see if my shoes still fit and get used to wearing them again. Since March 2020 I've only worn shoes about 6 or 7 times, which is the number of times I've been out. I never wear shoes at home, always barefoot, except for my gardening shoes. I hope I don't have a sudden attack of vertigo when I put my heels on.

Avril

Hi sis,we all know you're the hottest bird in town,bro.

• Haha 1

Good  morning.  Grey cloud but a hint of blue now and again so who knows ? At least it is a little warmer.

Booked one of our favourite restaurants for lunch on Wednesday week. I'm sure one or two on here will know it, The Huntsman, on the edge of Saddleworth Moor, near Holmfirth. Very nice light lunch, 3 courses for £15 and nice surroundings. Looking forward to getting back to near normal.

Stay safe.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Another sketchers fan here and I’ve also got a nice pair of shoes and ankle boots which I’ve lived  in this winter from fitflop. I don’t like the look of crocs but I am a fan of comfort these days 😊 Hearing they don’t have a lot of support will be a big no no for me as I had that awful plantar thing on my heel a couple of years ago. Hence the fit flops they are pricey but worth it. In the summer I have some M&S sandals with thick soles that do the trick.

I wasn’t sure what I was going to wear for work last summer and, in the end, didn’t need to worry as I just wore slippers 😆 I’ve got some ‘fit flop’ sliders now I use as slippers as I wear them so much. The heel thing isn’t helped by flats (surprisingly) so that had to change for slippers! On a ship in the evenings I tend to go for a wedge heel, much more stable 😊.

I suffer from plantar fasciitis every now and again too. I avoid completely flat shoes and I put supports in some of my flatter shoes. I also keep a tin can in the fridge for rolling exercises when needed, it works a treat 😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I also keep a tin can in the fridge for rolling exercises when needed, it works a treat 😊

This could explain some of these falling over antics Sarah.

It did remind me of when we were kids and we used to put string through cans and walk on the cans while holding the string, I used to love the big mixed fruit cans which only came out on a Sunday when you had visitors

Image result for Walking on Tin Cans. Size: 218 x 160. Source: www.reddit.com

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I like Hotters. Their size 4 and a half always fits me perfectly for trainers.

I never wear heels - the last time was sometime in the 80's. In the evening on ships I wear flat sandals. 

10 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I suffer from plantar fasciitis every now and again too. I avoid completely flat shoes and I put supports in some of my flatter shoes. I also keep a tin can in the fridge for rolling exercises when needed, it works a treat 😊

Never heard of the tin can trick! Yes it was a surprise to me to discover completely flat were a no no! I did buy some supports but the better footwear works the best 😊. I look for thick soles now as they seem to absorb the shock from the pavements.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I never wear heels - the last time was sometime in the 80's. In the evening on ships I wear flat sandals. 

Never heard of Hotters, I shall have a Google! I have a couple of pairs of sparkly sandals I wear but not completely flat due to the plantar fasciitis (well done for the spelling Sarah, I tend to call it ‘plantar doodah’ 😂 )

15 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I wear flat sandals too, but on formal nights I tend to wear a low wedge, makes me feel a little more 'dressed' if you know what I mean.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Never heard of Hotters, I shall have a Google! I have a couple of pairs of sparkly sandals I wear but not completely flat due to the plantar fasciitis (well done for the spelling Sarah, I tend to call it ‘plantar doodah’ 😂 )

Absolutely wonderful footwear, half sizes and 3 sometimes 4 width fittings. Everything from slippers to 'posh' shoes. Mens too. 

Some have cushioned soles too, so perfect for you plantar doodah

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

Good morning. 
It’s not raining here yay! Little drive out to donny today to look at bike gear. 

do you guys or have you had motorbikes? 

this used to be something me and hubby did before we had the kids. I’ve been saying no bikes for years but now looks like hubby is getting one and I’m not sure what I think about it. 

I struggled getting back on a push bike let alone a motorbike. 

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I’m a sketchers fan too. 
I have recently got rid of my high heeled shoes. I’m far too likely to topple off them these days......

Actually Gill that's  pretty shrewd move - especially in view of our recent 'events'. I think realistically  mine will never be worn again. I just like looking at them every now and then and think "if only". I do have some standbys in the form of Hotter soft suedes in the Donna style. They have a Mary Poppins style heel and are truly comfortable - no danger of toppling in those. Jane.x

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Sorry Avril, I read Gill's post before yours so didn't realise Hotters had already been mentioned. I think they're great too. Jane.x

Just now, Beckett said:

Actually Gill that's  pretty shrewd move - especially in view of our recent 'events'. I think realistically  mine will never be worn again. I just like looking at them every now and then and think "if only". I do have some standbys in the form of Hotter soft suedes in the Donna style. They have a Mary Poppins style heel and are truly comfortable - no danger of toppling in those. Jane.x

I have the Donna Hotter shoes too in varying colours as I agree they have a perfect heel for those of us liable to go a*** over t**

How are you doing Jane? I hope your war wounds are improving.

Gill x

• Like 1

I haven’t worn high heeled courts for years but I don’t mind a high wedge. I also have a few block heel sandals - they provide support and give me a bit  of height. I think most of mine are from Clarks. 

edit - similar to the Clarks 55 sling

Edited by Ardennais
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I have the Donna Hotter shoes too in varying colours as I agree they have a perfect heel for those of us liable to go a*** over t**

How are you doing Jane? I hope your war wounds are improving.

Gill x

Much better today thanks Gill.  Only my leg is still a bit painful but everything else is settling well. Having Ted back has cheered me up greatly so mentally I'm not feeling sorry for myself any more.

I'm going to look at the Hotter website now to see what colour their Donna's are in this season. Glad you're a fan too. Jane.x

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Absolutely wonderful footwear, half sizes and 3 sometimes 4 width fittings. Everything from slippers to 'posh' shoes. Mens too. 

Some have cushioned soles too, so perfect for you plantar doodah

Avril

😊 Sounds good, I have wide feet but quite small 4 and a half !

15 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Good morning. 
It’s not raining here yay! Little drive out to donny today to look at bike gear. 

do you guys or have you had motorbikes? 

this used to be something me and hubby did before we had the kids. I’ve been saying no bikes for years but now looks like hubby is getting one and I’m not sure what I think about it. 

I struggled getting back on a push bike let alone a motorbike. 

Morning Vamps, afraid I can’t help about motorbikes.

After a really miserable day yesterday it’s looking lovely down South here too, 19 degrees predicted! In fact I think I’ll take my kindle out in the garden soon.

Morning all! (Just) It’s turning into a decent day after a murky, drizzly start.

You’ll never believe it but we’re actually going to watch a local rugby match in a while 😮.  Feels like it’s been years!  Apparently there are rule changes to eliminate much of the close contact/near murder but never mind - it’s real and it’s local

Nearly there folks - stay careful, don’t lose it!

• Like 4