P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes, off to Southampton tomorrow and then (hopefully) joining Britannia for the Easter weekend cruise. I promise to look after her for you as I think you get on when we get off 😊

Hope you have a lovely time

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes, off to Southampton tomorrow and then (hopefully) joining Britannia for the Easter weekend cruise. I promise to look after her for you as I think you get on when we get off 😊

Have a great time and a safe journey to Southampton 

Michelle

• Like 2

For some reason best known to him, but not yet shared with me, Brother has arrived and has a suitcase so I expect he is staying. However whilst we made coffee I ran Green Shield stamps passed him (and to be honest may have wished I hadn't) but he waxed very lyrical in his memories of them.  

Meanwhile the low riders have all moved upstairs where I suspect they hope they will escape his attentions . They have had their dinner and exited stage left for their ablutions so they can stay up there if they like for a while leaving me to get to grips with what he is doing here. 

21 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Ps the last photo is from Gwych Castle of Im a Celebrity fame. Had an excellent visit today and pleased for the volunteers who have worked so hard to save this gem. 20220413_140920.thumb.jpg.013c698cbe27dfa773f8cdf90ad838d6.jpg20220413_140920.thumb.jpg.013c698cbe27dfa773f8cdf90ad838d6.jpg20220413_142116.thumb.jpg.50ff1189740f4b89e27508e1d8940980.jpg20220413_141752.thumb.jpg.8c996847c96908d4bf14b132fe2fb6a5.jpg20220413_143354.thumb.jpg.c10a38e24ac4d4e7873db3ca2a4f9a15.jpg

All looks very familiar. I just hope the sun is still shining at the weekend when we will be joining you on site.

Just to let you know Presto and the other Stokies on here), I think our caring, sharing council will put £150 in our accounts tomorrow (council tax / utilities government subsidy). Mine is currently pending in my account. 😊

• Like 5

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

All looks very familiar. I just hope the sun is still shining at the weekend when we will be joining you on site.

Just to let you know Presto and the other Stokies on here), I think our caring, sharing council will put £150 in our accounts tomorrow (council tax / utilities government subsidy). Mine is currently pending in my account. 😊

Pardon ? We get something ? Is this a joke?

21 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Our subsidy appeared in our bank account on 7 April, transferred to our misc savings account, we are currently on a fix which expires in October, so saving it for the coming winter bills. As ever our council seems to be on the ball, Council Tax was frozen this year, increase only for police & fire and the enforced 1% Social care levy.

Edited by Snow Hill

5 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Our subsidy appeared in our bank account on 7 April, transferred to our misc savings account, we are currently on a fix which expires in October, so saving it for the coming winter bills. As ever our council seems to be on the ball, Council Tax was frozen this year, increase only for police & fire and the enforced 1% Social care levy.

They are only giving it to tax bands A to D up here and not actually giving any money to those receiving it. It is being taken off their Council Tax.

39 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Really confused.  Is this for everyone in Stoke on Trent. Never had anything come our way before so there must be a catch ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Really confused.  Is this for everyone in Stoke on Trent. Never had anything come our way before so there must be a catch ...

You are only eligible if in tax band A-D. Councils have till 30th Sept to make the payment.

4 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

yes we get on Monday 18th. 
have heard some things about no food in the glass house etc. I think I’ll just be happy to get away from here. 
hope you have a great time and would love to hear what you get up to on board. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Good grief ... that is us. Am in shock for once ...

If your house is in council tax band A to D (as most houses in Stoke are) you will get it. It was announced a few weeks ago by Rishi Sunak as a contribution towards the cost of living rises, in particular gas and electric. He figured (probably correctly) that he would ask councils to sort it because they have bank account details for everyone who pays council tax through direct debit and know council tax bands. No idea about those who pay cash. Only bands A-D get it because those in bigger, more expensive houses are considered not to need it. If you don’t want it, I am sure I could find a good home for it.

4 minutes ago, pete14 said:

If your house is in council tax band A to D (as most houses in Stoke are) you will get it. It was announced a few weeks ago by Rishi Sunak as a contribution towards the cost of living rises, in particular gas and electric. He figured (probably correctly) that he would ask councils to sort it because they have bank account details for everyone who pays council tax through direct debit and know council tax bands. No idea about those who pay cash. Only bands A-D get it because those in bigger, more expensive houses are considered not to need it. If you don’t want it, I am sure I could find a good home for it.

Oh will have it ... have just missed this completely. 

24 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

yes we get on Monday 18th. 
have heard some things about no food in the glass house etc. I think I’ll just be happy to get away from here. 
hope you have a great time and would love to hear what you get up to on board. 

Thank you, I’ll look forward to your views too! I’ll write a little report when I get back. Gutted if we can’t get food in the Glasshouse, love the food there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

They are only giving it to tax bands A to D up here and not actually giving any money to those receiving it. It is being taken off their Council Tax.

Same here I think. Lots of houses around here are E-G as they are old farmhouses, so we won’t get anything. 

20 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve heard about it, hope we get it down here! 

Everyone on band A to D is entitled to it. If you pay by direct debit it will be paid automatically into your account by the end of April. If you pay by any other means you will have notification from your council. They have until the end of Sept to complete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, pete14 said:

No no, let's go halves.....😁

46 minutes ago, pete14 said:

If other councils do what ours is doing they are writing to everyone in bands A-D who don’t pay by DD or have failed validation checks by the end of this month. Ours are also using the discretionary fund from government to pay £100 to Band E properties. This is the scheme for England the devolved countries have similar schemes but may pay the £150 differently.

Edited by Snow Hill

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Found out the answer.

To retain business, Green Shield allowed customers to buy gifts from the catalogue with a mix of stamps and cash, but soon the catalogue became cash-only, and the operation was re-branded as Argos.

So Sainsburys now own what was Green shield stamps, and Nectar.

• Like 1