P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Everyone on band A to D is entitled to it. If you pay by direct debit it will be paid automatically into your account by the end of April. If you pay by any other means you will have notification from your council. They have until the end of Sept to complete.

Brilliant thank you, I qualify!

• Like 1

Back now from a lovely Canaries cruise on Aurora - sorry Megabear!  Very little evidence of restrictions on board besides mask-wearing indoors exceptwhen eating or drinking and the lack of cocktail parties and organised games. The captain came round the bars on the formal nights to chat with people, we made every port and were allowed ashore on our own. Finally, the weather was beautiful, sunny and even hot - 22 in Puerto Mogan. Hope everyone is Ok and has behaved for my stand-in 🙂 

P1080433.JPG

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Back now from a lovely Canaries cruise on Aurora - sorry Megabear!  Very little evidence of restrictions on board besides mask-wearing indoors exceptwhen eating or drinking and the lack of cocktail parties and organised games. The captain came round the bars on the formal nights to chat with people, we made every port and were allowed ashore on our own. Finally, the weather was beautiful, sunny and even hot - 22 in Puerto Mogan.

So pleased that you had a super cruise.  Great photo of Puerto Morgan which brought back memories of past holidays.

We should have been on that cruise too except "you know what" got in the way!  May I ask if there were any cases on board?

26 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

So pleased that you had a super cruise.  Great photo of Puerto Morgan which brought back memories of past holidays.

We should have been on that cruise too except "you know what" got in the way!  May I ask if there were any cases on board?

Sorry you missed out. A few cases I believe, and a few crew as well, but nothing like the previous cruise.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Back now from a lovely Canaries cruise on Aurora - sorry Megabear!  Very little evidence of restrictions on board besides mask-wearing indoors exceptwhen eating or drinking and the lack of cocktail parties and organised games. The captain came round the bars on the formal nights to chat with people, we made every port and were allowed ashore on our own. Finally, the weather was beautiful, sunny and even hot - 22 in Puerto Mogan. Hope everyone is Ok and has behaved for my stand-in 🙂 

P1080433.JPG

Why was their mask wearing? 
website states they are only required in the theatre, cinema, or if you visit the medical centre

26 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Sorry you missed out. A few cases I believe, and a few crew as well, but nothing like the previous cruise.

Glad you had a great cruise and welcome back. Think it is fair to say we all behaved for you:-)

We are thinking of cancelling our Aug Canary Island cruise on Ventura. If you get off do you have to keep testing and what happens if you become close contact of someone who is positive? Am I ok to ask? Just really worried about endless testing and ending up in isolation .... though we would probably get the cabin we've actually booked then ..    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

P1080433.JPG

Nice photo.

Happy to hear you had a lovely Canaries cruise on Aurora.

Graham.

• Like 1

First trip to theatre tonight since 2019, we purchased the tickets last September with a hope there would be some normality, but looking at the pictures of queuing ambulances at local hospitals, seems little has changed. 

This and the meal beforehand is our wedding anniversary gift to ourselves, celebrating our crystal anniversary today, but will be wearing a N95 mask during the performance. 

• Like 6

Got back from 2 weeks in Lanzarote late last night. DW just said ' don't forget we need to go into town to do some banking and do some food shopping'. Ok, but can't we do that tomorrow?. No it's a bank holiday.....Easter....4  days'. Yipeeeee, that one sneaked up. ......🍾

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

website states they are only required in the theatre, cinema, or if you visit the medical centre

On our cruise that finished on Tuesday, virtually everybody wore masks when walking around, at the buffet counter etc. Not compulsory,  but comments were passed by other passengers if you were not wearing one. 

• Like 3

Just now, wowzz said:

On our cruise that finished on Tuesday, virtually everybody wore masks when walking around, at the buffet counter etc. Not compulsory,  but comments were passed by other passengers if you were not wearing one. 

Wozz.

We’re you temperature checked every day on your cruise?

Did you visit any Spanish / EU ports?

22 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Glad you had a great cruise and welcome back. Think it is fair to say we all behaved for you:-)

We are thinking of cancelling our Aug Canary Island cruise on Ventura. If you get off do you have to keep testing and what happens if you become close contact of someone who is positive? Am I ok to ask? Just really worried about endless testing and ending up in isolation .... though we would probably get the cabin we've actually booked then ..    

We were only tested pre-embarkation. I think any further tests were only for those with symptoms or close contact with positive passenger.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Letter in cabin stated masks to be worn everywhere inside, unless eating or drinking. Probably due to high number of case on previous cruise. It was very well adhered to and policed by other passengers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Wozz.

We’re you temperature checked every day on your cruise?

Did you visit any Spanish / EU ports?

No temperature checks at all - but they are a waste of time anyway.  We had one on board LFT, but no negative paper results given, a day prior to arriving in Madeira. 

Apart from Funchal,  all other ports were Spanish.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No temperature checks at all - but they are a waste of time anyway.  We had one on board LFT, but no negative paper results given, a day prior to arriving in Madeira. 

Apart from Funchal,  all other ports were Spanish.  

Thanks. The temp checks have apparently been regulated since 3 March (according to Megabear who is generally extremely well informed) but we didn’t have them on Princess either.

Edited by Eglesbrech

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Letter in cabin stated masks to be worn everywhere inside, unless eating or drinking. Probably due to high number of case on previous cruise. It was very well adhered to and policed by other passengers.

I don’t agree with this. 
website states below 

Face – Whilst we highly recommend that guests wear masks on board, they are only required in the theatre, cinema, or if you visit the medical centre. Your mask must cover your nose and mouth and be of a good quality (ideally medical grade). Re-usable masks should be washed regularly, and visors and face shields aren’t accepted as a substitute for a face mask.

Off the ship, masks are required during embarkation, disembarkation and when using tender boats. Some destinations may also require you to wear masks when ashore and we recommend taking one with you whenever you disembark the ship.”

Our protocols are subject to change, and may do so on your cruise, as we continue to work with our experts and with government bodies across all the destinations we visit to ensure all of our practices evolve in line with latest advice.  You’ll find the latest information on these pages, and if you’ve booked we’ll let you know of any changes before your cruise.

now I get things change and I’m all for sticking to the rules but if I get a letter in my cabin I will not be happy. I specifically waited till this was on the website to book. I didn’t want to go if masks were still in place as to be honest I just don’t get how I can sit eating very close to people without a mask but can’t walk past people without one. 
they have stated that if their policy changes they will tell me- and that’s fine if they tell me on the boat but if they are still not updating their website to this effect then I actually feel like I’ve been mis sold. 

It cannot be one rule on the website for sales and another on board. 

Edited by Vampiress88
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks. The temp checks have apparently been regulated since 3 March (according to Megabear who is generally extremely well informed) but we didn’t have them on Princess either.

Probably with the newer variants,fever and high temp is not a symptom.

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Iona security did a temperature test for our Spanish ports when getting off the ship as Spain required this.

Our cruise March 5th--19th.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mickey1959 said:

Great start to our Easter. Came home from work and both tested positive!!

Good job we didn't have plans.

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you will only get mild symptoms and recover quickly 

Michelle

• Like 2